Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 296644 times)

OfflineAKW1987

• Guitar George
Considering there are another two MK strats on ebay right now. I would like to offer mine here for £1000, £200 cheaper than the ebay price. The neck plate has been replaced which I have reflected in the price. Let me know if you are interested. Ideally in the UK (easier and less expensive to post) cheers

Offlinejoel

• Guitar George
Salut
I just buy one ,with the serial number SE 00038 am in canada

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Name added to the list.
Have you contacted Fender with regards date of manufacture?
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Surely that low will be 2003?
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Presuming it will be a July 2003 but I am just interested to see what Fender say.
There have been instances of low Serial numbers being manufactured with a later date than others.

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Oh Dear, Oh dear, Oh dear - When is a Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Sig Strat not a Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Sig Strat?
When it's an Encore!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strat-Knopfler-replica-a-budget-option-full-set-up-on-Fender-nines-/191517489099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9754f7cb#ht_946wt_1019

foma

Oh Dear, Oh dear, Oh dear - When is a Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Sig Strat not a Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Sig Strat?
When it's an Encore!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strat-Knopfler-replica-a-budget-option-full-set-up-on-Fender-nines-/191517489099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2c9754f7cb#ht_946wt_1019

Better than Schecter I bet.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Encore aren't at all great.
My niece had one and I had a go - oh dear!!

Online3Strats

• Camerado
  • 3 Strats . . and a number of others
    • dtvaviation images.co.uk
  :o No, Encore are about as low as you can go on the Strat copy ladder.   It would appear that using Fender strings makes it all OK ! :smack
When you point your finger 'cause your plan fell through you've got 3 more fingers pointing back at you.
MK tour photos & my music page can be found at: http://dtvaviationimages.co.uk

DTRW Tour: Newcastle.  Block A, Row E,
seats 21 & 22

Offlineswitaki

• Guitar George
Finally managed to track one down, and of course that same week found another as well  ;D .  I guess when it rains it pours.  One is brand new with a late serial number that I lucked into (collecting dust in in a small guitar shop from the US.  The other from a local buy and sell website with serial number 393 that was originally purchased in Late 2003 according to the seller.

The 2003 early serial number guitar came in a Brown Fender G&G vintage case and the other one in a Black Fender G&G case.  Now I have my one to play and one to never touch lol. 

All thats left is trying to get one or both signed when I see him in concert later this year.  3 shows, 3 tickets, 3 chances...Fingers crossed for me

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Good luck! The usual joke is that there are less of these around these days that he HASN'T signed!
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Finally managed to track one down, and of course that same week found another as well  ;D .  I guess when it rains it pours.  One is brand new with a late serial number that I lucked into (collecting dust in in a small guitar shop from the US.  The other from a local buy and sell website with serial number 393 that was originally purchased in Late 2003 according to the seller.

The 2003 early serial number guitar came in a Brown Fender G&G vintage case and the other one in a Black Fender G&G case.  Now I have my one to play and one to never touch lol. 

All thats left is trying to get one or both signed when I see him in concert later this year.  3 shows, 3 tickets, 3 chances...Fingers crossed for me

Wow, a first for the list in that you are a 'duo' MK Strat owner - good for you :clap... (One more to get to join the 'trio' club!!!)
(Maybe email Fender to get 'proper' dates for them)
Good luck getting them signed, it's well worth it if you can!! ;)

What is the 'newer' Strat's serial No. - so I can add it to the list! :wave
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:48:41 PM by Knopflerfan »

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
If you have 5900 euros to spent, and you want a Ragpicker: here it is!

https://www.tfoa.eu/de/shop-product/2715/2008-martin-custom-000-40-mark-knopfler-italian-spruce-madagascar-ohc-mint-

Oh if I had the money.. Beautiful guitar.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

foma

https://www.tfoa.eu/de/shop-product/2715/2008-martin-custom-000-40-mark-knopfler-italian-spruce-madagascar-ohc-mint-

Better to buy two 'regular' Martins, or even three. Complete waste of money for collectors, nothing more.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo

Better to buy two 'regular' Martins, or even three. Complete waste of money for collectors, nothing more.

Still I think it looks stunning :-)
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 41 queries.