Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster (0117800-815) - Owners list  (Read 292790 times)

Offlineswitaki

• Guitar George
I just bought one :):):) my 000-40 arrives monday. From a private collector.  Soon excited!!!

Offlineswitaki

• Guitar George
and I just checked that link, that is a clone to the spec of the original martin 2006 release.  without his signature and numbering.  only 155 of these were made and from someone who loves the man and the guitar, this guitar is worth every penny.  Best quality woods and designed with perfection, at the risk of sounding like a Martin spokesperson, it is truly a fingerpicker's dream.  If I wasnt worried about damaging it, i would probably sleep with the damn thing once its in my hands lol.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I just bought one :):):) my 000-40 arrives monday. From a private collector.  Soon excited!!!

Good for you.... I am not personally an acoustic player although I do foray onto acoustic's now and again but as you may gather I eat, sleep & breathe Strat's espeically my MK's!!

Anyway if you are going to be a 'regular' on the forum why not start the 'MK - Ragpicker' owners thread simular to my MK Strat owners thread as I believe there are a few owners on here??
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

foma

I think its too overpriced for a separate list, only couple of collectors have one of these.

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Agreed.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I have just recieved an email from AKW1987 to say that after we all thought it a bit strange about his 'MK' strat not having correct documentation and odd numbers etc, he took it to a Fender dealer who in turn took it apart only to find the numbers corresponded with another Strat and NOT an MK Signature.....

He managed to get a refund via Paypal so that was good.

The ebay Seller has a name of: Clemente Theotokis - so don't buy any MK Strats from him!!!

I cannot reiterate enough to anyone looking for an 'MK Strat' on Ebay or anywhere come that - please ask to see the documentation which will come with the guitar (If it has no Documentation - avoid) espeically the manufacture tag which WILL be stamped/signed and correct numbers given. If you are not sure ask on here or indeed consult Fender....

I hope AKW1987 does not get put off buying an MK and will buy a genuine one next time....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
I had a conversation with him about this as well. And already got the feeling that he didn't have a real one.
But happy for him he got his money back.

Offlinetrundler

• Local Hero
Anyone want to buy my MK Strat for what I paid for it? Still in absolutely mint new condition. Everything complete and a very light weight Hot Rod red MK Strat. Purchased for £1300 but might accept an offer if could be collected. This one really is virtually brand new, no marks, no dings totally mint. Please let me know as I would much rather it went to a fan. Thanks Paul

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
That's a shame you are parting with it, hope someone on here purchases it....

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
Here is another one.. :)

Offlinetrundler

• Local Hero
This is mine that's for sale

OfflineFez

• Guitar George
May I ask why you are selling it?

I really want one but I'm still in doubt, wish there were some stores that still had it in stock so I could try one.

Offlinetrundler

• Local Hero
Hi, I'm selling for personal reasons nothing to do with the guitar. It's in new condition and if you would like to try it you'd be very welcome.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
May I ask why you are selling it?

I really want one but I'm still in doubt, wish there were some stores that still had it in stock so I could try one.

Be careful!! You try - you will buy!!!

Offlinetrundler

• Local Hero
Any offers?
07767 291431
Or
00447767 291431
Paul

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 39 queries.