Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Ebay Thread  (Read 201473 times)

Offlinedarkshiver

• Camerado
  • Rockaway rockaway from Cullercoats and Whitley bay
Re: Ebay Thread
« Reply #420 on: March 29, 2021, 07:22:13 PM »
I have always been struck by the fascination of many fans for vinyl concerts, their limited editions, the fact that they have unofficial material in their collections (regardless of their quality) and their high prices. I am one of them, with my limitations, but I am.

In this case for the DS concert at wembley in 1991. It's the first time I have seen it at auction since I was able to get my "freshly-baked copy" at a record fair in October 1991 in Barcelona. 5 days to close the auction and the price already seems amazing to me. Out of curiosity, how many people at AMIT have a copy?

https://www.ebay.es/itm/DIRE-STRAITS-LP-WEMBLEY-ARENA-16-9-91-very-rare-album-100-copies-only/402756540967?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The best website on the internet about DS bootlegs on vinyl. I think they are all ...

http://www.dsboots.com/

Wow, incredible!  I have the Calling Wembley bootleg which is the same one with a different cover.  I've actually a number of vinyl bootlegs from the old record fayre days doing nothing.  If I knew I'd get that for them they'd be on eBay!

The same happens to me. Maybe I'll put up for sale some of the more limited ones I have ...

Really? 515,00 EUR?

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #421 on: March 29, 2021, 09:59:52 PM »
 It's very rare. Never seen a copy on sale of that one never.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedarkshiver

• Camerado
« Reply #422 on: March 29, 2021, 10:41:52 PM »
It's very rare. Never seen a copy on sale of that one never.

Neither do I, Julio. But I have seen cheaper copies of "irish reagge botleeg" (350-500 eur) and it is more limited in copies than this one (20 copies). Amazing. Just curious and I will ask again: has any amiter a copy of this bootleg?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 11:05:37 PM by darkshiver »

Offlinedarkshiver

• Camerado

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #424 on: October 18, 2021, 08:32:55 AM »
Now that's actually rather good!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedarkshiver

• Camerado
« Reply #425 on: October 18, 2021, 11:09:40 AM »
The price as well! IMO

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #426 on: February 11, 2022, 02:37:14 PM »
Yes, indeed. On ebay you can always find some really interesting DS and MK-items, but according to my experiences in the last month, most of the regular DS and MK stuff, escpecially some vinyl-albums by an UK-trader are totally overpriced. BIA or OES on regular vinyls for more than 50 Euro. Ridiculous. Unserious. Nothing special. I cann accept such price-suggestions if the vinyls are really rare, exotic, limited, special-pressings, testpressings, or scarce promo-copies. Than i can agree with some higher price-suggestions, but for the regular mass-produced stuff, it makes no sense, and nobody with knowledge will buy it.

Yes, another big topic with those autograph-grabbers. It is really insane, with that behavior in relation with the artist. But to me it is clear, that are paid grabbers from the big autograph-traders, except the real and loyal DS and MK-Fans. That is the autograph-mafia in my mind. In Germany there is also a big autograph trader, i think from Berlin or so with crazy prices and the stars are still alive.
The COAs are not worth the paper, wich are very common used by those US-autograph-traders. :think

The little plastic-Mark bobble-head is funny to see, but it is not really important for my collection. 8)

We are fools to make war

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #427 on: February 11, 2022, 03:59:34 PM »
Yes, indeed. On ebay you can always find some really interesting DS and MK-items, but according to my experiences in the last month, most of the regular DS and MK stuff, escpecially some vinyl-albums by an UK-trader are totally overpriced. BIA or OES on regular vinyls for more than 50 Euro. Ridiculous. Unserious. Nothing special. I cann accept such price-suggestions if the vinyls are really rare, exotic, limited, special-pressings, testpressings, or scarce promo-copies. Than i can agree with some higher price-suggestions, but for the regular mass-produced stuff, it makes no sense, and nobody with knowledge will buy it.

Yes, another big topic with those autograph-grabbers. It is really insane, with that behavior in relation with the artist. But to me it is clear, that are paid grabbers from the big autograph-traders, except the real and loyal DS and MK-Fans. That is the autograph-mafia in my mind. In Germany there is also a big autograph trader, i think from Berlin or so with crazy prices and the stars are still alive.
The COAs are not worth the paper, wich are very common used by those US-autograph-traders. :think

The little plastic-Mark bobble-head is funny to see, but it is not really important for my collection. 8)

Is this asking price or selling price?

I can't see anyone paying 50 euros for an original BiA. Here in the UK you can regularly buy it for £1 in a charity shop, they literally made millions of them.

OES is more rare as most were buying CDs by 1991.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #428 on: February 11, 2022, 06:42:26 PM »
Dear dustyvalentino.
Just look at this picture with an current ebay-offer of the BIA-LP-Album from UK. Can you explain that "funny" price-offer to me ??? On the other hand i´getting blind, or i have overlooked something. That is a regular UK-issue, nothing special.
We are fools to make war

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #429 on: February 11, 2022, 06:55:22 PM »
Here are two other "remarkable" examples for price-madness. So, what is the reason to value those regular records with that price-levels. ???? Can anybody explain it.?? So, i know it sounds very unbelievable, but it is the truth. On the other hand i can try to sell my old Citroen Xsara for 100.000 Dollars.  ;D ;D ;D
To be honest, what do you think about ?? This question is specially for all DS and MK record-collectionists.
We are fools to make war

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #430 on: February 11, 2022, 10:50:17 PM »
People can ask a crazy price and they might find a sucker to buy, but I don’t think these would be the usual selling price.

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #431 on: February 17, 2022, 07:15:16 PM »
My newest example for ebay price-madness.
Just look at that offer. A cassette-tape of Dire Straits for an insane price.
So, what´s that about ? To me personally that does not make a sense, because no one will buy that, at least no one with collecting skills.
What advantage does the seller have at such prices ?? I don´t know. ??? ??? ??? ???
We are fools to make war

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #432 on: February 17, 2022, 07:20:39 PM »
My newest example for ebay price-madness.
Just look at that offer. A cassette-tape of Dire Straits for an insane price.
So, what´s that about ? To me personally that does not make a sense, because no one will buy that, at least no one with collecting skills.
What advantage does the seller have at such prices ?? I don´t know. ??? ??? ??? ???

It's a Mark Knopfler Signature cassette :lol

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #433 on: February 17, 2022, 08:35:44 PM »
Only need one sucker to buy…

Apparently cassettes go for good money these days, shame I binned mine.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #434 on: February 17, 2022, 09:13:43 PM »
No one will buy that.  You see some far out prices for all things on eBay these days for some reason.  Perhaps the seller isn't really too bothered about selling but doesn't use the item and just waits for that one "sucker", as Dusty says.

If it does sell for that price my BIA cassette is right on eBay!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.045 seconds with 36 queries.