Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: AMIT forum down 2015-03-05&06 LIST ANY PROBLEMS DETECTED HERE  (Read 21254 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: AMIT forum down 2015-03-05&06 LIST ANY PROBLEMS DETECTED HERE
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »
Dan, nice work, and nice avatar!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2015, 12:08:59 PM »
Yes, no problem. So the most visible aspects of this evening's activities are that all of the previously blank posts and PMs should be visible now.

Hmm, i spent 2 hours yesterday in recovering the who's going where section by hand. I just had to wait for 1 more day  ;D ;D   :-X

But thank you very much Dan for your efforts. Hero!!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineHoops McCann

• Dan
  • Founder
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2015, 10:50:53 PM »
Yes, no problem. So the most visible aspects of this evening's activities are that all of the previously blank posts and PMs should be visible now.
thanks Dan for your job. But I see there still a general problem ... especially for text in german language. If a PM contains an umlaut (öäüÖÄÜ),  only the text till the first umlaut is visible. Probably a problem also for other languages than german which contain further special characters ?

This is not good as the whole point of me making the changes last night was to fix exactly that issue with non English characters. I had a few posts that I knew were empty and after I made the changes they were all visible. So the issue that you describe has slipped through my test cases and I'll have to go back now and review what more can be done. Thanks for posting about it.
"...I was prompted to check out some of the threads you have going which are often unintentionally funny, wildly speculative and sometimes just plain deluded..." - Ed Bicknell

https://soundcloud.com/sunday_driver

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 01:18:11 PM »
Just thought I'd mention an issue that has affected me since the forum was down recently.  Whenever I come onto the forum I always click on the link in the top left for show unread posts since last visit.  This always showed me all the posts on one page I had missed contributions to since my last visit - easy!  Since the last issues this hasn't worked and I have to search through every section individually for threads marked new.  This method is not only time consuming but makes it easy to miss a post.  Is this just me/my browser (Safari)?  I don't see anyone else having this problem.  Thanks for any help you can provide.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 09:39:56 PM »
I do the same DMG, but it still works. However sometimes it's empty after the first post I visit  and I have to use the link all unread Posts or something like that, the one that's a lttle hidden in the dark bar a little lower than the unread since last visit

Offlinemarc96er

• Local Hero
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2015, 09:22:05 AM »
Just thought I'd mention an issue that has affected me since the forum was down recently.  Whenever I come onto the forum I always click on the link in the top left for show unread posts since last visit.  This always showed me all the posts on one page I had missed contributions to since my last visit - easy!  Since the last issues this hasn't worked and I have to search through every section individually for threads marked new.  This method is not only time consuming but makes it easy to miss a post.  Is this just me/my browser (Safari)?  I don't see anyone else having this problem.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

I had the same problem after the forum was down. I use Firefox. It worked again after I deleted all cookies and history-entries concerning "amarkintime.org" . It was important to delete also the history-entries, just deleting the cookies was not enough.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 11:21:03 AM »

I had the same problem after the forum was down. I use Firefox. It worked again after I deleted all cookies and history-entries concerning "amarkintime.org" . It was important to delete also the history-entries, just deleting the cookies was not enough.

Thanks very much for your help Marc96er but it didn't seem to help for me on Safari.   :(

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2015, 02:32:35 PM »
Not remembering my password now either and I have to log in every time I come on to the site!  Safari doesn't even ask me if I want to save my password on AMIT, yet I registered for a site last night and it asked me as usual.

OfflineSlavi

• Camerado
    • Official Chris White Fan Site
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2015, 09:18:48 PM »
Hi dear sweet editors,
I'm not sure if this the right place to ask but...what the hell is this guy with a pink shirt and a strat who appears multiplied many times on the left above any user avatar?  :o :o ;D ;D

Edited: it disappeared now...
Edited 2: Hmmmm...now I know who is he!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:14:20 PM by Slavi »

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2015, 02:41:07 AM »
 :clap :wave Many thanks to Dan for the work you do for AMIT. You are the main cog in the AMIT engine room and we hope you keep turning for many a long day yet!!  :thumbsup
SL1

OnlineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2015, 10:17:51 PM »
Hey! Is it posible to fix the title of the Norwegian corner? It should say "Det norske hjørnet (the Norwegian corner)".

OfflineBitRift

• Guitar George
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
The first post in this thread seems to have been chopped!

http://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=3375.msg75754#msg75754

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
Hey! Is it posible to fix the title of the Norwegian corner? It should say "Det norske hjørnet (the Norwegian corner)".

fixed!
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OnlineMossguitar

• Camerado
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2015, 06:00:52 AM »
Thank you!  :)

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.845 seconds with 37 queries.