Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Which 5 songs would you pick from the new album for the Tracker tour? (poll)  (Read 17129 times)

LoveExpresso

I don't see exactly the sense in that. Plus I don't find tracks from this album that I would love to hear live. I love the album as an album. The intimate atmosphere and the "silence" is a thing that hardly can be archived live on stage. I remember how horrible all the live versions of the track Get Lucky were, and as an album track, I love it too much!
I would prefer live versions from Lions, Portobello Belle, Water Of Love etc. anytime over new stuff.
But if you insist:  ;D

1. Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes as an opener
2. Basil
3. River Towns
4. Broken Bones

and that's it. One or two of those together with Gator Blood again, and I'm a happy camper!

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I don't see exactly the sense in that. Plus I don't find tracks from this album that I would love to hear live. I love the album as an album. The intimate atmosphere and the "silence" is a thing that hardly can be archived live on stage. I remember how horrible all the live versions of the track Get Lucky were, and as an album track, I love it too much!
I would prefer live versions from Lions, Portobello Belle, Water Of Love etc. anytime over new stuff.
But if you insist:  ;D

1. Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes as an opener
2. Basil
3. River Towns
4. Broken Bones

and that's it. One or two of those together with Gator Blood again, and I'm a happy camper!

LE

I remember "Border Reiver" and "Piper" being beautiful and "Get Lucky" at Manchester was pretty good too!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

LoveExpresso

I was talking about the more silent songs. In my opinion, Mark never really nailed Get Lucky live. He just cannot sing it. Border Reiver was a great opener of course, and Piper 2010 was classic, whereas Ianto butchered it in 2013.

He can play what he wants as long as it is a little different from 2013.

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I was talking about the more silent songs. In my opinion, Mark never really nailed Get Lucky live. He just cannot sing it. Border Reiver was a great opener of course, and Piper 2010 was classic, whereas Ianto butchered it in 2013.

LE

It's just that I always understood from your posts in the past that you wouldn't have minded the Get Lucky set lists to have been repeated again on the following tour, or did I misconstrue?   :hmm     btw I agree Piper was ruined in 2013!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

foma

Drinks and Smokes are not there still and old cover photo was used, too. Bravo!

I mean MKNews poll.

LoveExpresso

LE

Yes, indeed. However Get Lucky was not a constant part of the set list back then  ;D. My reference concert as you all have probably heard more than once is Locarno 2010. By the way I prefered the 2010 set list to the 2013 one, but I loved Privateering, Gator Blood and Postcards. So it is all very difficult, whereas, as initially remarked, I find it pretty difficult to "poll" set lists.  :wave

LE

It's just that I always understood from your posts in the past that you wouldn't have minded the Get Lucky set lists to have been repeated again on the following tour, or did I misconstrue?   :hmm     btw I agree Piper was ruined in 2013!   ;)

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
If i could pick only one it would have to be TOTT.  :clap ;D

My full 5 would be

Beryl
River Towns
TOTT
Lights Of Taormina

And i would use Laughs and jokes and drinks and smokes as the band introduction song instead of Postcards. ;D

As i haven't heard the 3 tracks not on the deluxe CD yet i reserve the right to change my mind several times yet though  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:21:14 PM by Barzofarhyme »
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
I have a feeling that Oklahoma Ponies would make it as a really cool closer.
 :clap :clap :clap
Love will find a Way

OfflineBanjo99uk

• Romeo
I'm happy to hear anything new, although I'd like laughs and drinks as the opener, and TOTT as a good replacement for telegraph road with a long extended rocking outro.

OfflineGuitarman1972

• Camerado
Pensaboy the ones with bolded letters are your own picks!

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
I have a feeling that Oklahoma Ponies would make it as a really cool closer.
 :clap :clap :clap

Having now heard this,with big thanks to Knopflerfan for very kindly sending me a link,I have to agree. This would be a belting song to close the show. I'd imagine this band would have a huge amount of fun playing this live. Sadly I think it will probably just stay in out fantasy setlist probably never to see the inside of a concert hall. :'(
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

Offlineollyz

• Guitar George
Basil
Broken Bones
Long Cool Girl
Wherever I Go
.38 Special
for me as the 5 i would love to hear most.
Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes would be a great opener as no.6

But, i fear that the setlist will see only 2-3 from the new album, as it was in the past.

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
I'd like to hear Occupation Blues and River of Grog !! :)

Honestly, it a real conundrum how Mk puts so many amazing compositions as 'bonuses' and Tracker is no exception. I await your European & American setlists with jealous anticipation.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

OfflineNick14

• Camerado
Having been listening to the album non stop for a week I would be pleased to hear pretty much anything from it apart from Broken Bones and Long Cool Girl which are the two not doing it for me right now - oh, and Hot Dog.......anything else will be great with me!

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
I voted for Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes, Broken Bones, Long Cool Girl, Lights of Taormina and Terminal of Tribute To.
Offcourse I also would love to hear Beryl and Skydiver live!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 45 queries.