Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Which 5 songs would you pick from the new album for the Tracker tour? (poll)  (Read 16668 times)

OfflineLeprechaun

• Local Hero
The result up to know shows that we all want to hear the tracks that come closer to the DS sound/style with a dominant guitar,the rockier tracks that have the potential for e.g. great outros.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
The result up to know shows that we all want to hear the tracks that come closer to the DS sound/style with a dominant guitar,the rockier tracks that have the potential for e.g. great outros.
That is so true ! Always the same story with every recent MK solo album.   
I always read everywhere the album is fantastic but eventually the winner is TOTT or Beryl. Or YTC or KOG or BR or ....
Never a Dylan style song (lyrics only / no melody)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
That is so true ! Always the same story with every recent MK solo album.   
I always read everywhere the album is fantastic but eventually the winner is TOTT or Beryl. Or YTC or KOG or BR or ....
Never a Dylan style song (lyrics only / no melody)

What about Laughs & Jokes, Lights of Taormina, Skydiver, Broken Bones?   I think they would be fine on tour!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

LoveExpresso

No surprise as this thread is about which songs we would choose for the live shows. Of course the more energetic ones are prefered. Has nothing to do with the question wether the "dylan style songs" (pretty diffuse describtion from my point of view) is liked by amiters or not.

LE

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

I'm not saying a word!  :-X
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
No surprise as this thread is about which songs we would choose for the live shows. Of course the more energetic ones are prefered. Has nothing to do with the question wether the "dylan style songs" (pretty diffuse describtion from my point of view) is liked by amiters or not.

LE
Don't you think  it's a bit rude and unfair to say there's no relation at all between songs people like and songs people want to hear live ?  ;)
That said, I didn't -and I won't- extend on what I call "Dylan style sons (lyrics only / no melody)" because I know some people here are though on subjetcs that  goes off topic (according to their own definition).  ;D 

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
If the fans (currently 71 votes) decided on the cut for the songs. I see now why there might be some official spread to better sell the different editions ;D

Original album:

1. Terminal of tribute to
2. Laughs and Jokes and Drinks and Smokes
3. Beryl
4. Lights of Taormina
5. Oklahoma Ponies
6. Hot Dog
7. River Towns
8. Broken Bones
9. Long Cool Girl
10. Basil
11. Wherever I Go

Deluxe:

12. Silver Eagle
13. Skydiver
14. .38 Special
15. My heart has never changed OR Heart of Oak

Box:

16. My heart has never changed OR Heart of Oak
17. Mighty Man

The German goodie:

18. Time will end all sorrow
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineyontwocrows

• Camerado
Hm, border reiver, the poll is about which song should be played live. For me this is something completely different. So, you can't - on basis of this poll - make references to the right cuts of the album. This would be another interesting poll, i think.

LoveExpresso

A concert has its own dynamic, and therefore you can have one or two "sleepers" at the most - I was thinking that Prairie Wedding in 2010 was hard enough to stand - also all those Rudigers in the tours before was really hard for me. 2013 it was all pretty middle-tempo, Diamonds, Seattle, Kingdom not all direct rockers, but if I should choose from this new album which songs I like to hear live it is clear to me that I choose the ones with a faster pace/rythm.

About Dylan: I was thinking it is a little bit unfair against Mark to shrug off his music with a simple "Dylan Style songs". Dylan plays his repertoire mostly blues and rock-a-like, hardly any acoustic songs for years, so it is more of a prejudice me thinks. But you are right about going too off-topic!

LE

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
I find it to be the same as my favourite songs (my five choices). But that's my interpretation of course.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
A concert has its own dynamic, and therefore you can have one or two "sleepers" at the most - I was thinking that Prairie Wedding in 2010 was hard enough to stand - also all those Rudigers in the tours before was really hard for me. 2013 it was all pretty middle-tempo, Diamonds, Seattle, Kingdom not all direct rockers, but if I should choose from this new album which songs I like to hear live it is clear to me that I choose the ones with a faster pace/rythm.

About Dylan: I was thinking it is a little bit unfair against Mark to shrug off his music with a simple "Dylan Style songs". Dylan plays his repertoire mostly blues and rock-a-like, hardly any acoustic songs for years, so it is more of a prejudice me thinks. But you are right about going too off-topic!

LE
Maybe my intention was to be unfair against Mark.  ;)
I believe the music is more important than the lyrics.
He writes songs, not books.
MFN is a great song !
And Beryl too.
Next off topic subject should be discussed in Dublin with our good friend Guinness  ;)

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
I find it to be the same as my favourite songs (my five choices). But that's my interpretation of course.
I have the same understanding.
I don't get the point of going to show and  expect songs that are not your favourite.

LoveExpresso

I expect nothing really. It is hard to re-think as one knows the set-list from day one these days and therefore your mind about songs being played live is pretty set in stone. But I expect surprises.
For example I had no high expectations for the Emmylou Tour 2006, and my Hamburg show was very early, show number 3, I managed to stay unspoiled -
I expected everything but NOT the opening song "Right Now"! That was a real treat for me! I can only imagine how the feelings among the fans must have been in 2008 when Hill Farmer's Blues turned up - another classic, by the way..

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
I expected everything but NOT the opening song "Right Now"! That was a real treat for me! I can only imagine how the feelings among the fans must have been in 2008 when Hill Farmer's Blues turned up - another classic, by the way..

LE

Marbletown too, which is also a classic!     I was at Amsterdam and couldn't believe my ears when I heard it being played!   :) 
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

LE

Marbletown too, which is also a classic!     I was at Amsterdam and couldn't believe my ears when I heard it being played!   :)

Maybe OP could replace this now!!! Ideal time to showpiece the players. I like MT but it's as if it got 'killed off'  last tour.
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 43 queries.