Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Thank you!  (Read 5535 times)

LoveExpresso

Thank you!
« on: March 22, 2015, 10:40:22 AM »
Just a short thanks, especially to Dutchessy, as this Tracker section is so well organized. To give very song it's own thread with lyrics (and tabs) in the first post is excellent - we should have done this ages ago with the other albums. Not everyone posting something and open a new thread at any time (like I do right now  ;D ). Sometimes there were great thoughts and remarks about Get Lucky or Privateering and I get lost in finding them. This time, our Tracker reception is very detailed and well journalized.

Also the press review thread is priceless - I was looking for the first mentioning of Mr. Pancake because of River Towns last night and it took me 30 seconds to find the right review, that one translated by holaknopfler.

So thank you, I guess the post numbers exploded during the last 14 days or so, no wonder, there is so much invitation to post in this well designed and great forum!

:thumbsup

LE

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: Thank you!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 10:46:02 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly!     Thanks to all involved in the organisation of this great forum!    :thumbsup      :clap
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 10:15:39 PM »
I can only echo what LE has already said.. well done all concerned....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »
I can only echo what LE has already said.. well done all concerned....

Same from me!!! I really appreciate this Forum although sometimes I do not have time to read everything unfortunately!!! :thumbsup :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2015, 10:58:56 PM »
I will join you guys and say BIG thanks

Brian
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 09:03:02 AM »
It's a good idea and I want to suggest another thread that summarize all the info in just one post, if you want to know what every song talks about you have to dig between many pages in many threads, so one thread where you can read what´s every song about in just one page would be great... anyone?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 10:41:27 AM »
Or maybe for every song a lyricthread. I know the discussions will be long, so if you need to dig one song from 50 pages it will be the same as now

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 10:12:34 PM »
Just a short thanks, especially to Dutchessy, as this Tracker section is so well organized. To give very song it's own thread with lyrics (and tabs) in the first post is excellent - we should have done this ages ago with the other albums. Not everyone posting something and open a new thread at any time (like I do right now  ;D ). Sometimes there were great thoughts and remarks about Get Lucky or Privateering and I get lost in finding them. This time, our Tracker reception is very detailed and well journalized.

Also the press review thread is priceless - I was looking for the first mentioning of Mr. Pancake because of River Towns last night and it took me 30 seconds to find the right review, that one translated by holaknopfler.

So thank you, I guess the post numbers exploded during the last 14 days or so, no wonder, there is so much invitation to post in this well designed and great forum!

:thumbsup

LE

Very kind of you! Also a big thank you to Shangri-La1 for creating the song topics! And all the other editors  ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineMarikablue

• Camerado
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 10:57:16 PM »
Nice and perfect and cool work......many thanks from Denmark too   :clap
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:00:28 PM by Marikablue »
" and it's your face I'm looking for on every street "

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 04:48:51 AM »
Nicely done, LE! 

Thanks to so many in our AMIT community for making this forum so friendly, fun and so very informed!!  I truly appreciate everyone's contributions here.  I love this place!!   :D
 :wave
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2015, 07:53:15 AM »
At the risk of this turning into a back slapping thing,  on behalf of the editors I'd like to say thanks to everyone for contributing.  Doesn't matter how nicely a forum is laid out if no one posts to it. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

surferboy

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2015, 08:57:46 AM »
In addition to a well deserved thanks to the editors I want to repeat my thanks to people like recon.
His deep digging research brought up real insight material like Lucien Freud and "A Room Forever".
And that completely changed my listening experience.
It is always nagging not to know what the deeper layers are in an MK song.

But it troubles me, has recon left the forum?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:22:43 AM by surferboy »

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2015, 09:47:40 AM »
At the risk of this turning into a back slapping thing,  on behalf of the editors I'd like to say thanks to everyone for contributing.  Doesn't matter how nicely a forum is laid out if no one posts to it. :)
+1

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2015, 12:21:59 PM »
+1

+1

LoveExpresso

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2015, 12:52:47 PM »
In addition to a well deserved thanks to the editors I want to repeat my thanks to people like recon.
His deep digging research brought up real insight material like Lucien Freud and "A Room Forever".
And that completely changed my listening experience.
It is always nagging not to know what the deeper layers are in an MK song.

But it troubles me, has recon left the forum?

Yes, research is an integral part of AMIT and many members do it all the time. It's part of being an MK addictive really. I guess he left after not being happy with the way we quote.

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 44 queries.