Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Mark visits German TV show March 27th  (Read 46682 times)

LoveExpresso

Re: Mark visits German TV show March 27th
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »
Saying that his singing last night was crap has nothing to do with "worrying". But I would not say too loud that MK was not good on the show. Sue Ellen might turn up and punch you right onto your nose...

LE

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2015, 08:35:13 PM »
His performance wasn't that good on the show and he obviously saw that himself. If I speak for myself I have no doubts that when he's ready for the the tour, it sounds a lot better, he has his 'normal' band members etc etc. No worries guys, Mark is age-ing but as long as he can come up with an album such as Tracker where his singing sounds better than ever.. You shouldn't worry, every little thing's gonna' be alright! :)

Quite agree, MK will be fine after a few rehearsals - don't worry.
He is certainly not like a certain other performer where people walk out of his shows!!!! :lol
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2015, 08:35:19 PM »
He's hardly gone down the drain when he's just released the best album for years!

Indeed!

But as a songwriter?

Certainly not 'down the drain' in the Songwriting department either IMHO.....

No, no, no! You took the exact opposite sense of my question.

As a songwriter he may have just released the best album for years but my guitar hero is slowly fading.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #108 on: March 28, 2015, 08:35:40 PM »
He's hardly gone down the drain when he's just released the best album for years!

Indeed!

But as a songwriter?

I'm staying out of it this time!  :-X
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #109 on: March 28, 2015, 08:36:00 PM »
Saying that his singing last night was crap has nothing to do with "worrying". But I would not say too loud that MK was not good on the show. Sue Ellen might turn up and punch you right onto your nose...

LE

hahahaha :thumbsup

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #110 on: March 28, 2015, 08:37:30 PM »

LE

You know what I mean LE,  :) You shouldn't read that too literally, might be better when I express myself in Dutch: niet druk om maken! Haha I will look out for him
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »

Indeed!

But as a songwriter?

Certainly not 'down the drain' in the Songwriting department either IMHO.....

No, no, no! You took the exact opposite sense of my question.

As a songwriter he may have just released the best album for years but my guitar hero is slowly fading.

Yes, agree. MK just needs a few rehearsals and he will be fine!!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2015, 08:39:36 PM »

Yes, agree. MK just needs a few rehearsals and he will be fine!!

Shouldn't he have done that before a live TV performance?  Not very professional IMO.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2015, 08:40:07 PM »
I'm staying out of it this time!  :-X

haha..... :wave

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #114 on: March 28, 2015, 08:41:36 PM »
I have always thought that MK looks uncomfortable on this sort of TV show.   Just look at his body language - wringing his hands and generally looking ill at ease.  He's much better on stage, in front of a large audience where he can't see their faces, apart from the first rows, of course!   He has always struck me as very nervous in front of the camera, especially where there's a small audience.   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #115 on: March 28, 2015, 08:43:03 PM »
I have always thought that MK looks uncomfortable on this sort of TV show.   Just look at his body language - wringing his hands and generally looking ill at ease.  He's much better on stage, in front of a large audience where he can't see their faces, apart from the first rows, of course!   He has always struck me as very nervous in front of the camera, especially where there's a small audience.   ;)

I would agree on this.  This is why he always likes to visit the same shows, feeling comfort with hosts that he already knows.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #116 on: March 28, 2015, 08:47:28 PM »

Yes he is always very nervous, certainly not a TV or interview chap.
He was espeically nervous at our little 'show' in Bridport but he soon relaxed and did his thing, He even answered questions quite happily from the audience too.
You imagine yourself recording an album quite a few months ago and then suddenly having to get into the spirit of promoting it on tv/radio and then taking it on the road at the age of 65....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #117 on: March 28, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »
Geez, you're all talking like he's ancient and it's amazing he can still walk or something!  He's only 65 and that's not old these days.  He's had a good life, living in luxury in good health and not having to work hard or under any stress so I don't really see why it's so amazing he can still play a guitar at 65 years of age - he damn well should!  And be able to do it bloddy well too!  There are many other musicians his age and older still producing music too.

OfflineRkd

• Camerado
  • and the thread was spun to some arcadian band...
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »
He's only 65 and that's not old these days. 

Made my day!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2015, 09:02:24 PM »
Geez, you're all talking like he's ancient and it's amazing he can still walk or something!  He's only 65 and that's not old these days.  He's had a good life, living in luxury in good health and not having to work hard or under any stress so I don't really see why it's so amazing he can still play a guitar at 65 years of age - he damn well should!  And be able to do it bloddy well too!  There are many other musicians his age and older still producing music too.

I guess you're right now you have put it in context dmg....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 39 queries.