Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Review of Dire Straits' COMMUNIQUE  (Read 13401 times)

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Re: Review of Dire Straits' COMMUNIQUE
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2015, 03:22:48 PM »
I bet that fans who discovered MM or LOG were quite "surprised" in comparison to what they had heard before. I hear more musical "evolution" between communique and BIA for example, than between TRD and Tracker, but again it's just my opinion, and my hearing impression. Of course, I don't pretend to say the truth :)

Same for me.
MM and LOG have a clearly defined identity, MM is the "rock" album, LOG is the "keyboard" album.
But from BIA onward I have difficulties to put a conceptual word to define them with the exception of both duet album and the NHB one.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 03:27:38 PM by ds1984 »
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: Review of Dire Straits' COMMUNIQUE
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2016, 11:37:47 PM »
I bet that fans who discovered MM or LOG were quite "surprised" in comparison to what they had heard before. I hear more musical "evolution" between communique and BIA for example, than between TRD and Tracker, but again it's just my opinion, and my hearing impression. Of course, I don't pretend to say the truth :)

Same for me.
MM and LOG have a clearly defined identity, MM is the "rock" album, LOG is the "keyboard" album.
But from BIA onward I have difficulties to put a conceptual word to define them with the exception of both duet album and the NHB one.

agree. I would call LOG the "prog" album, compared to the "rock" MM

I think that concepts in solos albums are more defined by lyrics themes, rather by music.
for example, Guy said that many songs from KTGC take place during the 60ies, Mark said that many songs from tracker are about time in life, STP is mainly focused on America (not all songs though: WII, silvertown...), golden heart has many songs about kitty, etc... but I agree that it is less obvious than MM and LOG which have a "sound unity" so to say

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.021 seconds with 37 queries.