Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: A farewell note  (Read 5834 times)

OfflineMarijo58

• Lady writer
Re: A farewell note
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 10:17:04 PM »
A negative opinion is allowed in this forum of course. The problem this year was that only a couple of people taking over the forum with negativity, while others stayed away because of the overal negativity. That's something different. It was tooooooo much. It IS a fanforum. Critical views are welcome, but I can imagine that if you are not a fan you don't feel home here. For example: I am not joining the Justin Bieber fanclub and just moan about him all the time. Why should I want to go there and do that, I would be a troll then.

But Stringcheese is not like that, so feel free to stay and add comments to the topics you want, there are also DS-only or general discussions.

So true Ingrid!! I was VERY disappointed  when MK loud and clear in Paris deliberately skip to mention CW as a good saxophonist he worked with, which is according to me totally wrong!! According to me when I'm looking at the OES Tour, he was completely satisfied with his playing R&J and YLT!!! No matter what happened between  them in private it should not make him blind and deaf because CW was brilliant!! But I said it here when I heard NH play these songs because I feel free to tell what I think!!  :wave
But it's written in the starlight and every line on your palm, we're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2015, 08:31:50 AM »
The trouble is that Mark's musical style has drifted so far from the stuff that a lot of us fell in love with, myself included.  We have lost a few long-time and big contributing members recently and I think that is sad as they are not just members but friends too and we are all entitled to our opinions.  This is not North Korea!  All this because some people thought they were moaning too much.  :disbelief

+1

+2

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2015, 08:34:32 AM »
I don't know if I will be a Mark Knopfler's fan forever but for sure I will remain a Straits one!
exactly same for me

Tom, I will miss your humour, your knowledge and pertinence about guitar and music in general and your critical objective point view
Hope you will come back from time to time
all the best

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.027 seconds with 38 queries.