Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Uncirculated Live Recordings Thread  (Read 25520 times)

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
Re: Uncirculated Live Recordings Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2018, 11:35:00 PM »
I was wondering if they are planning a release from that video. Got his answer back: Unfortunately without you obtaining and providing proof of copyright permission, we’re unable to offer anything other than a low resolution watermarked copy like what he you already have.

So maybe David Knopfler can?

Well, I did contacted the RRHOF and got an email back from a Audiovisual Archivist who was very interested in the video and asked me for more information.

I send her a link to the documentary and asked her if they are planning to release this concert.

Will keep you updated.

Hello, I wanted to share a new one from March 79.

I think it is the first unnoficial video recording of a Dire Straits concert. Is from the Bayou venue, in Georgetown. It was made in b/w, but with the audio direct from the soundboard.

Was found thanks to a documentary of that venue, made with all the recordings the owner made of the different shows that happened there. The original tapes were donated to the library of the RRHOF. They delivered a copy, but with a big watermark.

You can get the video and the audio in Laknopflertk´s tracker. But not in Dime, because the audio is loosy.

Enjoy

Sorry, don´t understand what you are saying. I talked to the archivist, and finally got a copy (wich I paid), but watermarked. There wasn´t possible without this watermark, and I tried hard. The audio, also, had to be compressed.

What are you meaning is that they are thinking to do a commercial release?

What information did she asked for?

Alberto
We can contact David and explain, but is like asking for copyright of a homemade audience dvd. Sometimes law is awfull.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2018, 08:44:29 AM »
I was wondering if they are planning a release from that video. Got his answer back: Unfortunately without you obtaining and providing proof of copyright permission, we’re unable to offer anything other than a low resolution watermarked copy like what he you already have.

So maybe David Knopfler can?

Well, I did contacted the RRHOF and got an email back from a Audiovisual Archivist who was very interested in the video and asked me for more information.

I send her a link to the documentary and asked her if they are planning to release this concert.

Will keep you updated.

Hello, I wanted to share a new one from March 79.

I think it is the first unnoficial video recording of a Dire Straits concert. Is from the Bayou venue, in Georgetown. It was made in b/w, but with the audio direct from the soundboard.

Was found thanks to a documentary of that venue, made with all the recordings the owner made of the different shows that happened there. The original tapes were donated to the library of the RRHOF. They delivered a copy, but with a big watermark.

You can get the video and the audio in Laknopflertk´s tracker. But not in Dime, because the audio is loosy.

Enjoy

Sorry, don´t understand what you are saying. I talked to the archivist, and finally got a copy (wich I paid), but watermarked. There wasn´t possible without this watermark, and I tried hard. The audio, also, had to be compressed.

What are you meaning is that they are thinking to do a commercial release?

What information did she asked for?

Alberto
We can contact David and explain, but is like asking for copyright of a homemade audience dvd. Sometimes law is awfull.

Why contact David?

David has said many time he has nothing of material of DS early years.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinemike_rumble

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2018, 08:55:40 PM »
Can someone tell me what is "LaKnopflerTK". (1st msg in this thread mentions uploading to this)?

Offlinebinone

• Lady writer
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2018, 09:08:26 AM »
Can someone tell me what is "LaKnopflerTK". (1st msg in this thread mentions uploading to this)?
It is a BitTorrent tracker specialized in Knopfler stuff. http://tracker.knopflertk.net/torrents.php

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 38 queries.