Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: This Sunday on Rockonteurs with Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt we chat to Mark Knopfler  (Read 1501 times)

Offlinestratmad

• Camerado
Thanks. Sorry, I hadn't seen that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Something from the past just comes and stares into your soul...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

No problem, no need to be sorry! I'm sorry though that this topic was forgotten from the start as I think it's quite interesting. We've all seen a million interviews with MK and heard him a million times telling stories about his uncle, but what needs to be asked is another question.

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler

No problem, no need to be sorry! I'm sorry though that this topic was forgotten from the start as I think it's quite interesting. We've all seen a million interviews with MK and heard him a million times telling stories about his uncle, but what needs to be asked is another question.

Well, in this podcast they need to get information about all the career of the person they are interviewing, from the start (or before the start) to the very last minute, and this is something Gary Kemp and Guy Pratt do very well if you check his other interviews, that they are very interesting as they interviewed some of the biggest names in rock history.

And also they are very clearly fans, as in many of his previous podcasts, specially the very early ones, they mentioned MK and DS everytime they could, which was very very nice!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineLove Expresso

• Lady writer
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Two minor mistakes though . Roy Bittan on Love Over Gold and Slow Train Coming from 1983.. ;D

LE
I don't want no sugar in it, thank you very much!

Offlinehunter v2.0

• Camerado
What is a bit irritating is that they interrupt the person being interviewed, and each other, quite a bit. And sometimes I wished that they stayed on topic a bit longer. Some of the transitions felt a bit random. But overall a good interview.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
What is a bit irritating is that they interrupt the person being interviewed, and each other, quite a bit. And sometimes I wished that they stayed on topic a bit longer. Some of the transitions felt a bit random. But overall a good interview.

At the end of the day their podcast is a commercial enterprise and as such they are told to stick to the "optimum" podcast length which I believe is under an hour. But the MK was one of their longer ones.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
Way too many interruptions for my liking. As soon as MK starts to answer their question, they cut him off with another random fact.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Way too many interruptions for my liking. As soon as MK starts to answer their question, they cut him off with another random fact.

I feel like MK himself was like "WTF" a few times after being cut off mid-sentence. Not good indeed! Let the man talk. But other than that, a great podcast!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Couple of clowns.  Didn't really appreciate their manner personally and very surprised to find Mark on a show like this.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinestratmad

• Camerado
I agree on the interruptions, that was a bit disturbing.
But these two are actually two high-profile musicians, each of them every bit as famous and as professional as MK.
Gary Kemp was the lead guitarist and songwriter for Spandau Ballet, and Guy Pratt was a bass player for Pink Floyd, Roxy Music, David Bowie, Madonna, Michael Jackson and a few others.
Perhaps they just got carried away with all the things they wanted to ask him.

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
But these two are actually two high-profile musicians, each of them every bit as famous and as professional as MK.
Gary Kemp was the lead guitarist and songwriter for Spandau Ballet, and Guy Pratt was a bass player for Pink Floyd, Roxy Music, David Bowie, Madonna, Michael Jackson and a few others.

It's just their style, they are the stars of the podcast as much as the guest is.

That said I would dispute that Guy Pratt is anywhere near as famous as MK, and MK isn't that well known himself.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

This sort of thing clearly isn't their forte then.

I don't think Mark helped either; he sounded so sluggish and boring.  TBH I couldn't bring myself to listen to most of it.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinestratmad

• Camerado
"Pre-coffee grumble"  ;D

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
I enjoyed this interview, it was great to hear Mark talk about Pick, and even Brewers Droop :o Not sure I have ever heard him talk about his time with them.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineRPK

• Guitar George
Wish these things went on for longer - appreciated this but I do agree the interruptions cause half finished tales

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 37 queries.