Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Any MK players also play other stuff? I'm now including Clapton etc. Vid.  (Read 3457 times)

OfflineMKtributeUK.

• Guitar George
Hi Guys!!!!
A couple of years ago I tried to teach myself to use a pick, I hold it in a cack handed manner but what the hell it gets the job done, LOL. I have been played some Clapton, Gilmour, Thin Lizzy, etc in the past few months, quite pleased with the results, it contrasts well with the MK stuff that I play.
 I was wondering if anyone other MK players also contrast with Clapton etc. I love it when Mark and Eric play together, such a great contrast in styles and sound.
I miss the old "supergroup" where Mark, Eric and Elton used to play together at charity gigs.
Enjoy.

THIN LIZZY, "COLD SWEAT SOLO".

« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:59:56 PM by MKtributeUK. »

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
I haven't had a chance to listen to your clips yet, but I will set some time aside to do so.

A few years ago, when getting gigs was hard, we did consider going out as a general covers band but decided against it.  With most of the band also playing in other bands, that seems to satisfy our desire to do other stuff.  Having said that, we've had a few moments where we've ended up doing something else by accident.  These have included going from the end of Telegraph Road into the Santana version of Black Magic Woman (don't ask, but it made so much sense that it has happened more than once).  Something I do as a warmup on bass has ended up becoming Make Me Smile (Steve Harley) on a few occasions.  We've even slipped into Garden Party by Marillion (although I'm not certain everyone knew what was going on there). 

Those who have seen us recently might even have been treated to a bit of Pink Floyd that sometimes gets slipped into something when the mood takes us.  I won't say what in case we do it again...which I think we probably will.

I agree, it was great when MK and EC were playing together.  The Mandella concert is a favourite within our band.   

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.019 seconds with 36 queries.