Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Dr Feelgood and Simple Minds  (Read 11065 times)

Rollergirl

Dr Feelgood and Simple Minds
« on: May 31, 2009, 06:12:35 PM »
amongst others, peformed at a Festival IN MY TOWN ( :o ) yesterday. I was blown away by the Feelgoods and pleasantly surprised by Simple Minds, who had the good idea of playing a lot of their old hits. Which made me understand the casual MK concert goer (ie not the hard core fan) being disapointed not to hear MFN. I would have been disapointed if they hadn't played "(don't you) forget about me". All together hey hey hey HEY!!! wooooooo hoooooo!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 09:35:14 PM by Rollergirl »

draad

Re: Dr Feelgood and Simple Minds
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 09:39:20 PM »
Glad you had a good time Nat! Fraid to say I think Simple Minds can be quite entertaining too!

Rollergirl

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:30:43 PM »
Thanks Arthur, I had a great time!

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 11:09:29 PM »
I have to admit, I've been quite impressed with Simple Minds on the last few occasions I've heard them playing live.

How were Dr Feelgood?  A few weeks ago, we were unlucky enough to be playing in their home town on the same night that they were playing just down the road, making us the slightly less popular choice for a Friday night out.  A real shame as we actually delivered a performance that we were all really satisfied with.  Oh well...

Onlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 10:44:47 AM »
Used to be a big Simple Minds fan, saw them live in Aberdeen in 94 or 95 and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Rollergirl

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 03:41:13 PM »
I have to admit, I've been quite impressed with Simple Minds on the last few occasions I've heard them playing live.

How were Dr Feelgood?  A few weeks ago, we were unlucky enough to be playing in their home town on the same night that they were playing just down the road, making us the slightly less popular choice for a Friday night out.  A real shame as we actually delivered a performance that we were all really satisfied with.  Oh well...

They were good, very good I thought. I know there is a lot of people who think they are not as good as the original lineup, blah blah blah but I loved them, they were very tight, had a lot of energy, the guitarist is excellent and the drummer gave his sticks to my son (always a good way to get into a mum's heart, be nice to the children  ;D .)

Sorry to hear they "stole" your audience in their own town though! How rude  ;D. Unfortunate that you were playing on the same night. I am sure the people who saw you that night had a great time too!

OfflineJon

• Local Hero
    • Dire Fakes Website
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »
I'd like to think the people that came to see us had a good night.  There were quite a few young people there which was good to see, especially as they were really into the music of Dire Straits.

Glad to hear Dr Feelgood were good - always an energetic live act.  Actually, you mentioning the drumsticks - the drummer in one of my 'other bands' knows the Dr Feelgood drummer...

Rollergirl

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2009, 01:31:45 PM »
Actually, you mentioning the drumsticks - the drummer in one of my 'other bands' knows the Dr Feelgood drummer...

well, tell him to tell him that my son told me to tell you to tell him to tell him THANKS!  ;D

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 02:23:05 PM »
DR FEELGOOD ROCK, I LOOOOOOOOVE THEM
Looking forward to seeing them on stage

Offlineknopflerized

• Romeo
  • I might Get Lucky ...
    • Mark In Summer Long Ago
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »
just back from their gig :D they really ROCK :D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 48 queries.