Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 115044 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Okay, so I've made a conscious decision to reopen this topic for the third time in a more appropriate place as many people suggested.

My name is Pavel, what I do is discuss Mark's songs on my channel in free form. I discuss chords, licks, techniques, tricks, trivia, my opinions, scales, modes, grooves, tabs, all what you can imagine. My goal is to create a lesson not for a guitarist, but a video which hopefully would be interesting even for a non-musicians. I believe that for a music lesson it's the most valuable form of a compliment when even a non-musician can appreciate it. I do it in my spare time and it isn't hard for me at all after long-long years of practice.

The important thing is that I really do have a contract with Mark's content management, so it adds a little bit of a confidence in what I do.

On Every Street (1991): ,
Golden Heart (1996):
Sailing To Philadelphia (2000): , ,
The Ragpicker's Dream (2002): ,
Shangri-La (2004): , , , , , ,
Get Lucky (2009):
Privateering (2012): ,
Tracker (2015): ,

Also, I have a note-for-note cover of Knopfler/Atkins Instrumental Medley: & with lessons + tabs + backingtracks.

I try to work constantly on my English, because it's not my native language, bare with me here. But so far nobody complained much.

This list will be updated as new videos will arrive. I have no plans of retirement any time soon.

If you want a particular song for me to discuss, feel free to share it here. Thanks for watching!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 02:36:03 AM by quizzaciously »

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Je Suis Désolé

Iron Hand

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
A really fast lesson today for a song about fast food. In total about 1 and a half hours in the making, I don't think if I'll manage to make a lesson this fast again, but anyway. It's called an inspiration, folks!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I don't know why some people end up as victims in terrorist attacks and some people end up on top of the world. As they say, people on “Titanic” was rich and famous, but still all died. I think, luck is one of the most important things in life, and today I played on a black guitar in memoriam for all the victims of 2017 Saint Petersburg Metro attack and for my hometown.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
In order to keep everything in order and before the amount of songs would get out of hand, I created a dedicated website for MKSB (in deep beta):

www.mksongbook.tilda.ws

When the project will grow significantly, I'll buy mksongbook.com domain, but not the mksb.com, because it's for sale for $80,000 :lol

The funniest thing is that I was contacted by the management right at the moment I was looking for the source of getting all this information out of my head at last, and I was thinking about some kind of blog and tried to create different web pages on different platforms, but failed miserably.

And here these guys telling me — why not to do video lessons? It was an offer I couldn't refuse. I would never ever thought about video lessons.

So thanks to great people working with Mark and thanks to everybody for watching. I hope to do as many of these as possible.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
All That Matters can give you the feeling it was written 100 years ago or even more. Exhibit #18 of MK's composer genius right there, with a beautiful old-time waltz — a perfect song to sing with a friend. Thanks for watching!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Back To Tupelo and Silver Eagle for today. First song is a great example of unusual songwriting with a peculiar rhythm and the second is just an amazing simple fingerpicking tune. Thanks for watching! :lol

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:44:50 AM by quizzaciously »

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
All That Matters can give you the feeling it was written 100 years ago or even more. Exhibit #18 of MK's composer genius right there, with a beautiful old-time waltz — a perfect song to sing with a friend. Thanks for watching!

Brilliant. Please keep it coming!
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Brilliant. Please keep it coming!

I will! Thank you. I got 200 songs left in Mark's songbook :lol

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Wow I just was told about 10k views on my "Postcards From Paraguay" vid. Can't believe Mark's music is so popular. Timeless music that is.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Walk Of Life... I tried to record this one on electric guitar, but it was nearly impossible to record at home, so I just took my old trusty acoustic and I get as much fun as playing it on electric.

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Hey foma, great job as always  :thumbsup

and nice new avatar...did someone already tell you that you look very much like Harry Potter ? :)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Hey foma, great job as always  :thumbsup

and nice new avatar...did someone already tell you that you look very much like Harry Potter ? :)

Hey thanks JF!

No, if only on this photo. If you want real Harry Potter, check Josh Turner on YouTube ;D

He's the real Harry Potter, because I don't know how you can get this amount of millions of views for something like this:

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
“Cannibals” and “Remembrance Day” for today. And today is the Victory Day, by the way. It always has been a bittersweet holiday for all the Russian people. But anyway, thanks for watching!

Love Expresso

In my opinion Josh deserves every single click! He is a highly talented Musician with great feeling, soul and a very good voice... and immense Musical knowledge and catalogue... Sultans was done just "like that" and not intended to be absolutely accurate... so no doubts about him!

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 38 queries.