Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 114976 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
In my opinion Josh deserves every single click! He is a highly talented Musician with great feeling, soul and a very good voice... and immense Musical knowledge and catalogue... Sultans was done just "like that" and not intended to be absolutely accurate... so no doubts about him!

LE

+1000  :thumbsup

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
In my opinion Josh deserves every single click! He is a highly talented Musician with great feeling, soul and a very good voice... and immense Musical knowledge and catalogue... Sultans was done just "like that" and not intended to be absolutely accurate... so no doubts about him!

LE

Yeah, nothing wrong with him, I'm a fan of his from then he had only couple of thousands of subscribers, he went a long, long way!
I just kind of hate Sultans and all the hype around it and especially that Mark still plays it and refused to take it down... but he tried.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

LE

Agree 100%!   I think Josh's interpretation of Sultans is great!    :thumbsup
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I tried to contact Josh 3 or 2 years ago when he wasn't such a big star and I wanted to do a distant collab with him, but I didn't manage to get in touch with him, maybe email addresses was wrong or something. My point that there are many other great songs by MK and there's no reason in transforming him into one-hit wonder, when you have 5 million views of Sultans and 5000 views of The Ragpicker's Dream. It bothers me, it really does. That's why I do my "show", just to show the ingenious songwriting and how well the songs are put together.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:34:39 PM by quizzaciously »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Just hit the 100,000 views mark for 23 of my lessons already. Just WOW! Give it a couple of years for a million, thanks everyone for watching.

OfflineMelcuer

• Guitar George
Brilliant this Madame Geneva's. Thank you so much for the inspiration.
Just made my requests last night. Hope to see it soon

:clap :clap :clap

Bravo Pavel

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I'm back from my holiday with another video—“If This Is Goodbye”. How such a simple song can be such a breathtaking and inspiring masterpiece? Because it's not just a songbook, it's Mark Knopfler Songbook, and that's why. Thanks for watching!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Golden Heart is yet another testament to Mark's incredible song writing skills. Here, he used not an everyday type of tuning and created a song, capable of being interesting for musicians and non-musicians equally. Dramatic, powerful, optimistic, romantic, there's lots of words to describe it. I hope I've made it all more clear in the lesson. Thanks for watching!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Breaking news: the reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. It's just hard to concentrate on my hobby in the summertime with traveling, good weather and lots of stuff constantly moving around. I hope you have a great summer, too, so I did a simple and quick one today. It's 3 songs done with the high strung Nashville tuning: What It Is, Golden Heart and Privateering. Thanks for watching! P.S. This tuning is perfect for smaller guitars like this Little Martin LX Black so I'm probably going to leave it as it is.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2017, 02:53:08 PM »
I just realised my first (and probably the last) interview was posted on Dire Straits Blog recently. As I give as little information about myself as possible in my videos, it's a great insight into where I'm coming from:

http://direstraitsblog.com/fanclub/dsb-interview-pavel-fomenkov-24-songs-already-knopfler-nearly-200-go/

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2017, 11:28:02 PM »
I got many requests for "Hill Farmer's Blues". I don't know why, but here it is. A great deal of fun exploring soloing possibilities for 2-chord outro sequence, as well as satisfying verse and international topic. I guess I can understand why people love this song after all! Thanks for watching.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 12:50:49 AM »
Wow, today I did receive a message from a man from Australia, who love to play “All That Matters” to his two-year-old daughter (at her request, by the way). He asked if I have a TAB for the song, which I was too lazy to do. But thanks to the stories like that I obliged and created the complete tablature in 30 minutes. Thank you Mark, you're exactly the kind of person I'm working for. I also updated the lesson info and added a Guitar Pro tablature as well. Cheers, Pavel.

Tablature

Capo III: http://tinyurl.com/All-That-Matters-Capo-III
Guitar Pro: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/m/mark_knopfler/all_that_matters_guitar_pro.htm

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 08:10:58 PM »
Title track from the album Love Over Gold is an epic ballad and it totally works on a guitar. There's around 30 chords in it, but if you take all the 28 songs I already discussed, there's only 1, yes, only one truly new chord. The majority of the songs utilise same chords over and over, it's just a matter of combining them in a slightly different order each time. Good luck and thanks for watching!

Onlinekoobaa

• Camerado
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2017, 09:18:42 PM »
Great work, Pavel. You nailed it again. I almost forgot how beautiful this track is, so underrated.

I've been listening to KTGC recently and I thought Scaffolder's Wife would be a nice song for you to dissect. Some interesting chords in that one. Perhaps you can consider.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2017, 09:34:36 AM »
Great work, Pavel. You nailed it again. I almost forgot how beautiful this track is, so underrated.

I've been listening to KTGC recently and I thought Scaffolder's Wife would be a nice song for you to dissect. Some interesting chords in that one. Perhaps you can consider.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Thanks! Yes, I wanted to do Love Over Gold for a very long time, but only did a full review a week ago. I was afraid of the amount of chords and the complexity of the song, but as always it turned out being very logical, simple and perfect. It's pity Mark only played it in one tour and dropped the outro almost completely. Somehow I get a feeling he wasn't so much of a fan of this song himself... But this is the title track nevertheless :think

Scaffolder's Wife is a perfect way to go, thanks for the suggestion. I love 6/8 songs so much, they're extremely guitar-friendly.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 09:44:16 AM by quizzaciously »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 37 queries.