Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 114978 times)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2018, 12:50:47 AM »
I promised to do more recent songs, here's the most recent one—You Don't Want To Get You One Of Those. It's hard to find enough time just for now, but somehow I managed to pull it off the day before yet another business trip. I hope you like it. Pavel.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2018, 10:20:34 PM »
I promised to do more recent songs, here's the most recent one—You Don't Want To Get You One Of Those. It's hard to find enough time just for now, but somehow I managed to pull it off the day before yet another business trip. I hope you like it. Pavel.

Well done, I like it
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2018, 11:11:24 AM »

that is just utterly brilliant my man. i'm going to use this to learn the song.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2018, 08:47:08 AM »
brilliant !
and there are these typical chords I was talking about : diminished one, which sounds "augmented" to my ears, and the reverse : augmented (aka 5th sharp) that sounds "diminished" to my ears

I know why theses chords are named that way. I know notes that compose these chords. I understand the "theory".
But it's just that I find the words not very appropriate regarding how they "sound".
I find that people who "invented" these chords should have named them the other way

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Here I should say something like "I'm not into numbers" or something like that. No. You should know that EVERY YouTuber regardless of their scale cares about this number and I can only say about it, that I'll never ever take a dark road of buying fake views and subs. It's hard-earned 4,000 of you and thanks for watching! P.S. My driving school with its lessons 6 days a week naturally comes to an end, so there'll be more content for me to make soon, I'm like on a low start.

OfflineDS

• Local Hero
Happy to be one of them!
Tracker - Lucca 2015
DTRW - Lucca 2019

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Brothers In Arms is a truly unique song. Unfortunately, it is and always will be relevant because of all the bad things happening in the world throughout history. On the other hand, the message of dignity in Brothers In Arms is so powerful and strong, that it will continue to inspire people for generations to come. Literally anything I would say about this song won't do any justice at all, so I tried to be at least somewhat interesting and original. And if you want to really dig the song and solos, there's a great lesson for you by Justin Sandercoe.

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
Brothers In Arms is a truly unique song. Unfortunately, it is and always will be relevant because of all the bad things happening in the world throughout history. On the other hand, the message of dignity in Brothers In Arms is so powerful and strong, that it will continue to inspire people for generations to come. Literally anything I would say about this song won't do any justice at all, so I tried to be at least somewhat interesting and original. And if you want to really dig the song and solos, there's a great lesson for you by Justin Sandercoe.

Fantastic job as always!  :clap
Why isn't there a statue in your honor yet?  :P

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music

yes fully agree !  :thumbsup
We could make a AMIT induction !  :) ;)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

yes fully agree !  :thumbsup
We could make a AMIT induction !  :) ;)

Thank you so much guys! By the way, I just realised I got more than a million views now. Of course by YouTube standards it's basically nothing, but it's a good start. Clearly I feel all the support and will try to improve my work in the future.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2018, 04:57:23 PM »
You never fail to amaze me with your tutorials. Great job once again. Your vibratos are very smooth and expressive. Vodka, beautiful WTA players and Pavel, Russia at its best lol
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2018, 10:59:05 AM »
You never fail to amaze me with your tutorials. Great job once again. Your vibratos are very smooth and expressive. Vodka, beautiful WTA players and Pavel, Russia at its best lol

Man, you can write reviews ;D

Thanks! Yeah, vibrato is like the main ingredient in this salad called guitar playing. Leave vibrato off and it's just a MIDI track.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2018, 04:42:52 PM »
I could write a new essay on Sharapova everyday lol
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

In The Gallery was written by Mark after visiting a lousy exhibition with his friends. Usually an event like that would leave you in a bad mood, but Mark got inspired instead. So make sure to always turn your own dire straits moments into positive ones. This song has a very interesting riff, which is remarkably difficult to learn, but it is possible, so I hope my take on it will give you inspiration to play more. Because inspiration, as Bob Dylan puts it, is the highest purpose of art.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo

In The Gallery was written by Mark after visiting a lousy exhibition with his friends. Usually an event like that would leave you in a bad mood, but Mark got inspired instead. So make sure to always turn your own dire straits moments into positive ones. This song has a very interesting riff, which is remarkably difficult to learn, but it is possible, so I hope my take on it will give you inspiration to play more. Because inspiration, as Bob Dylan puts it, is the highest purpose of art.

Utterly brilliant, very well done
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 37 queries.