Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 115024 times)

Offlinerelaxcoustic

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Re: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2020, 01:03:58 PM »
Pavel, which software did you use for this? Interested in both the video and the sound editing.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #196 on: November 22, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »
Pavel, which software did you use for this? Interested in both the video and the sound editing.

I usually use Logic for audio and Final Cut for video, as simple as that... That's your advanced audio and video apps for mac. There's also Garage Band and iMovie which is also nice. I even play electric through Logic's amps, I'm fine with that, although I know this is highly unorthodox and could make some people cringe like crazy. But I don't care, that works for me. By the way, I'm not always using Logic for amps, there's some videos with 'real thing' and even valve amps in my videos and honestly I've completely forgotten where they were.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #197 on: February 28, 2021, 12:45:13 AM »
New video! Our Shangri-La... One of my favourite Mark's songs, a fan favourite, a diamond, whatever you want to call it, it's a masterpiece. And a masterpiece, that's not hard to play! But hard to sing (I tried). I always loved this song since the day it was released, I hope to share some love for it with you. You can't say a lot about a simple 6-chord song, but surely it's not about how many chords are there. Anyway, hope you like it. And welcome to a new camera and 60 frames per second! Pavel.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #198 on: February 28, 2021, 09:03:24 PM »

Another new video update. Just wanted to upload this little solo from "There'll Be Some Changes Made", Mark Knopfler's 2nd solo to be precise, the one where Chet Atkins said "Pretty good but you're no Mark Knopfler". That line cracks me up every time and the lick Mark then proceeds to play is insane! Typical MK-style lick, always wanted to play it. And it's a great opportunity to test the new 60FPS video. Enjoy!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2021, 10:44:31 AM »
I'm sorry for being a solo poster here, but just wanted to share a few behind-the-scenes things like this little video of me learning Sucker Row: https://www.facebook.com/mksongbook/posts/2907326969538973

OfflineMudrian

• Guitar George
« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2021, 09:24:02 PM »
Don' t be sorry , I watch all your videos and always learn something  :thumbsup :clap
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #201 on: March 02, 2021, 10:03:46 PM »
Don' t be sorry , I watch all your videos and always learn something  :thumbsup :clap

Thank you! Judging by my statistics, more than 80% of views I have are coming from non-subscribers, just because I never encourage people to like and subscribe. So I already got used to all that a long time ago. I reckon if I shouted out in every video for people to subscribe, I'd had twice as many followers. Kinda peculiar to think about it.

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2021, 07:28:38 PM »
Yeah same here, I always watch your new posts, I don't always have time to comment though. It would be a compilation of "Thank, that's great again"
So... thanks again I suppose  ;)

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2021, 08:25:53 PM »

"Wanderlust" is a song that genuinely surprised me. I thought this is your simple strumming song, but it turned out more interesting in detail. Unfortunately, the song is terribly underrated and the video of it on YouTube has only 30K views. But if you love Mark Knopfler's music, you know that the word "underrated" always goes somewhere around this guy. That's life! Pavel.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2021, 12:05:26 PM »

Sucker Row is one of the few songs left from the Shangri-La record, it's very similar to Song For Sonny Liston, which I play a bit better since the recording of my initial video on this song by the way. The most prominent thing about Sucker Row is definitely a bluesy riff that goes through the whole song, even appearing in the verses. This is a very hard song to pull off, took me a couple of weeks of mental and otherwise practice, don't recommend learning it, but I do recommend trying to at least play it to 5% of how it deserves to be played. Yet another underrated masterpiece, but this is Mark Knopfler, so what else you would expect? Pavel.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Monteleone is a unique song because not for every song recording Mark would hire a 40-piece orchestra, and judging by the number of requests people really want to hear this song. And I recorded it fully and in one take. It's not hard, but I love the story around it, the whole art of songwriting and building guitars, songs like this are great tools to continue the cycle of inspiration. At first, I didn't know how to approach this video about Monteleone, but after I got some inspiration, here we are. Thanks for watching! Pavel.

OfflineSamGolden

• Camerado
    • Dire Straits and Mark KNopfler Artwork
Very very nice Pavel. Congratulations. Always a pleasure to hear you and play so smoothy touch.  :thumbsup :thumbsup

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Ah, Marbletown! The song I wanted to cover for a long time. But every time something would stop me. Not anymore. This was a rare occasion of me being actually happy with the way the video came out to be, though I managed to forget to mention some of the things I wanted to mention. Most importantly, that you can't play a song like this without a really strong attack in the right hand. You really need to dig in for this song to sound good. When I hear people playing Marbletown and they barely touch the strings, it breaks my heart. Don't do that! Pavel.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Something different today! Playing 10 Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler Riffs on my Mini Strat in one take. People suggested I should go electric, and so I did. I bought a little practice amp and it's less than $500 in gear, but so enjoyable to play! I want to play more electric songs, not necessarily even MK stuff... Let's see what I can do. Pavel.

OfflineSamGolden

• Camerado
    • Dire Straits and Mark KNopfler Artwork
Thank You very much....  :thumbsup :thumbsup

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 37 queries.