Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Mark Knopfler Songbook — Featured on MK's official YouTube channel  (Read 115013 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Something different today! Playing 10 Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler Riffs on my Mini Strat in one take. People suggested I should go electric, and so I did. I bought a little practice amp and it's less than $500 in gear, but so enjoyable to play! I want to play more electric songs, not necessarily even MK stuff... Let's see what I can do. Pavel.

Absolutely 'Freakin' awesome as ever Pavel.......You are a great inspiration - keep up the much valued work my friend..... :clap :clap :clap :clap :wave
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Something different today! Playing 10 Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler Riffs on my Mini Strat in one take. People suggested I should go electric, and so I did. I bought a little practice amp and it's less than $500 in gear, but so enjoyable to play! I want to play more electric songs, not necessarily even MK stuff... Let's see what I can do. Pavel.

Absolutely 'Freakin' awesome as ever Pavel.......You are a great inspiration - keep up the much valued work my friend..... :clap :clap :clap :clap :wave

Thank you! You really know how to cheer up! :thumbsup

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
Beautiful tone and awesome touch!  :clap
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlinenaif

• Camerado
Great playin, obviously its all about touch and feel.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Thanks, guys! I only wish I'd play a big Strat because you can't get a great vibrato on those extra heavy multiple strings at the same time. But I hope to get more electric guitars in the future, so much fun.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Wow, my latest video got 10,000 views in 2 days, that's a new record for me. And I made this whole video in less than an hour on my lunch break. That's life! Making proper lessons is another story, but this is a clear indication to me that people love actual music being performed. This is hard for me because I'm not the actual musician, I'm not a teacher, I'm not a musician in ANY part of that word, I'm not a songwriter, not a guitar player, and I don't have any gear whatsoever, but since I can play and teach at least something, I'll try to do just that. Pavel.

OfflineSamGolden

• Camerado
    • Dire Straits and Mark KNopfler Artwork
Wow, my latest video got 10,000 views in 2 days, that's a new record for me. And I made this whole video in less than an hour on my lunch break. That's life! Making proper lessons is another story, but this is a clear indication to me that people love actual music being performed. This is hard for me because I'm not the actual musician, I'm not a teacher, I'm not a musician in ANY part of that word, I'm not a songwriter, not a guitar player, and I don't have any gear whatsoever, but since I can play and teach at least something, I'll try to do just that. Pavel.

Pavel
Just be yourself. Play what you like, with your own feeling, your emotions, your desires, ... And if the last video went well, it is surely that all this transpired through the notes that you played ...
Also, I never tire of listening to your playlist and I discover many songs that I appreciate but also old songs that I listened to when I was younger (I am thinking of the album "Year of the cat") ... Thanks to you Pavel and keep it up.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo

Stop those crap words, it's offensive for the ones who really cannot play and for the ones who really don't have any gear
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Stop those crap words, it's offensive for the ones who really cannot play and for the ones who really don't have any gear

Almost anything could be offensive these days, I believe. By not having any gear I meant no fancy guitars, amps, and recordings techniques. Well, I have a Gibson and a Martin, but any decent acoustic guitar would do it for me, and a Gibson was gifted to me, and Martin I bought repaired with a huge discount. As for electric, I have less than $500 in gear (guitar + amp), so that can't offend anybody :lol

And for people who can't play, I already told you a million years ago, that if I'll not be able to play for some reason, I'll be fine with it even so because I'm not a musician, I'm just a music fan. I would remain a music fan doing nothing, but since I'm able to share my passion, I record my videos. And while I can do it, I will do it. Please, don't be offended Pensa, I really don't want more wars, bans, and whatnot again.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo

Almost anything could be offensive these days, I believe. By not having any gear I meant no fancy guitars, amps, and recordings techniques. Well, I have a Gibson and a Martin, but any decent acoustic guitar would do it for me, and a Gibson was gifted to me, and Martin I bought repaired with a huge discount. As for electric, I have less than $500 in gear (guitar + amp), so that can't offend anybody :lol

And for people who can't play, I already told you a million years ago, that if I'll not be able to play for some reason, I'll be fine with it even so because I'm not a musician, I'm just a music fan. I would remain a music fan doing nothing, but since I'm able to share my passion, I record my videos. And while I can do it, I will do it. Please, don't be offended Pensa, I really don't want more wars, bans, and whatnot again.

Congratulations for your magical world where you play a guitar but you are not a musician and are not a guitar player
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

Congratulations for your magical world where you play a guitar but you are not a musician and are not a guitar player

Are you cool with "amateur guitar player"? I think it's quite obvious that I'm an amateur, though sometimes I don't play for weeks, I never wanted to be a musician and never expressed this huge affection towards the guitar. I love songs and playing songs, and a byproduct of this is that I can sort of play something after learning thousands of songs. But if I told people I make a million mistakes in my videos, that, I think, could be a little bit offensive. But truth nevertheless, my videos are full of little mistakes.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Not Mark Knopfler, but Chet was one of Mark's best friends, so it deserves to be published here as well.

The idea to recreate “Jam Man” was spontaneous. A few days ago, after I bought an amp, I thought what about “Jam Man”? And I couldn’t believe my eyes when I realized there are NO videos like this in existence for this Grammy-winning track! I thought I'll go on YouTube and see at least 4 or 5 videos with all the parts recreated, but nope. I thought, what about tablatures? And tablatures are also not popular and sometimes have major mistakes. And so I had to do it, even though the only electric guitar I have is my Squier Mini Strat. But I play everything on it, so why not this song? You can imagine the nightmare through which I had to go in order to make this happen. I don't have 50 years of playing behind me as Chet had at the time, I don't have any of the equipment needed, including a guitar, I don't know how to record it properly, I can't play it flawlessly in one take so I had to cut it in a couple of places. But I wanted to do it so bad I couldn't resist. I hope you'll like it. It was a lot of work! Pavel.

Offlinekoobaa

• Camerado
Brilliant playing, brilliant sound, great song. Bravo Pavel! Sounds just like the original and now you can finally see how all the licks  are played.

You should do Sneakin’ Around next  ;)
...Well, he's a big star now but I've been a fan of his for years. The way he sings and plays guitar still bring me to tears...

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Brilliant playing, brilliant sound, great song. Bravo Pavel! Sounds just like the original and now you can finally see how all the licks  are played.

You should do Sneakin’ Around next  ;)

Thank you! While working on this for a whole day I was reminded once again how infinitely great Chet was. He composed and recorded "Jam Man" not just flawlessly, he recorded it perfectly. Even if I had the right gear, right guitar, and such, I won't even come close. You have to be Chet and have his half-century experience as a producer and guitar player to do it properly. But to at least try it is a very humbling experience.

By the way, I was stupid enough to screw one hard lick up and it ended up on like that on the record, but I like how it sounds. It's one of the triplet runs!

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I thought a lot about 'Private Investigations'. I wanted to do this song for a long time you can imagine, but I had a hard time coming up with the idea on which to build the video. Should I discuss the soloing, should I sing, blah blah blah. And I finally settled on making it really simple, and here's why. Because the most important songs, the biggest songs transcend the boundary of being just a great tune, they transcend everything. And it's more about inspiration than something else. While the soloing is great, and the singing is cool, as always, nothing I can say or play would do the song justice, so the only option is to keep it simple. Which I did! I hope not to upset a lot of you. Pavel.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 37 queries.