Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Any version of Private Dancer, Paradise Is Here - Live with MK and Tina ?  (Read 7261 times)

Offlinepeterromer

• Camerado
Hi
Has MK ever performed live with Tina Turner playing songs that he has been involved with eg. Private Dancer, Overnight Sensation or Paradise Is Here  ??
Audio or video.
( I am not thinking of the Live Aid appearances with MK, Tina, Collins, EC etc. playing EC songs )
Searching YT and the net. I have not found anything yet.

Cheers Peter

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
I hope someday the Private Dancer demos/takes from the LOG sessions leak, always wondered how it sounds with MK.

OfflineMasiakasaurus

• Camerado
I hope someday the Private Dancer demos/takes from the LOG sessions leak, always wondered how it sounds with MK.
Oh yes, that would be so interesting. Especially since there are some pretty big similarities between LOG and PD :)

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
Oh yes, that would be so interesting. Especially since there are some pretty big similarities between LOG and PD :)

Yeah MK's songwriting was absolutely top notch these days, the progressions and melodies on LOG are simply amazing.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
I don't know guys, I think that the absence of Private Dancer with Mark's voice in this song is for a good reason.

Not only it would be awkward for a man to sing, although Mark said people can make an adjustment for that, but it also... hard to sing.

OfflineMasiakasaurus

• Camerado

Yeah MK's songwriting was absolutely top notch these days, the progressions and melodies on LOG are simply amazing.
Yes, I agree! His best work IMO. Too bad he seems to cringe at that album these days  :P

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
From MK/DS contributions with Tina Turner there is only one live performance, but it wasn´t with Tina Turner but with Paul Brady...

In one of those Turner records with MK and/or DS, there was a song called "Steel Clawn", written by Paul Brady, that was played by DS and Brady in one of the Wembley 85 concerts.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
From MK/DS contributions with Tina Turner there is only one live performance, but it wasn´t with Tina Turner but with Paul Brady...

In one of those Turner records with MK and/or DS, there was a song called "Steel Clawn", written by Paul Brady, that was played by DS and Brady in one of the Wembley 85 concerts.

The song is "Steel Claw", and was played on 1985.07.14 . A pitty that the recording of this concert was so bad.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet

Yes, I agree! His best work IMO. Too bad he seems to cringe at that album these days  :P
Is he ? He has been playing TR, LOG's (and MK's) finest work, live in every solo tour during 20 years...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

Is he ? He has been playing TR, LOG's (and MK's) finest work, live in every solo tour during 20 years...

He ditched it latterly in the Tracker tour though.  :'(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineMasiakasaurus

• Camerado

Yeah, either he likes TR or he played it to please the fans, I don't know :) ... I can't find the interview now, but don't you guys remember the one where he says something like he can't listen to that overproduced and polished album without cringing (something like that)? My all time favorite MK song is probably LOG, I wish he would've played it live for longer!

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
"I've told this one before, but I was sitting in a bar once and unfortunately Telegraph Road was playing and I was sitting there thinking, Fuck, it sounds like this big lifeless thing. All this work had gone into it and it doesn't sound like it's got any life in it somehow. And then straight after that came Rave On by Buddy Holly. It sounded four times louder, 20 times bigger and with a hundred times more life. That really made my day."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/classic-guitar-interview-mark-knopfler-august-1995-538080

Honestly, I barely listen to the studio version of Telegraph Road. First, I can't stand it because of fade-out, I hate fade-outs.

And second, live it sounds like a 1000000000000000000000000000000 times better.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
"I've told this one before, but I was sitting in a bar once and unfortunately Telegraph Road was playing and I was sitting there thinking, Fuck, it sounds like this big lifeless thing. All this work had gone into it and it doesn't sound like it's got any life in it somehow. And then straight after that came Rave On by Buddy Holly. It sounded four times louder, 20 times bigger and with a hundred times more life. That really made my day."

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/classic-guitar-interview-mark-knopfler-august-1995-538080

Honestly, I barely listen to the studio version of Telegraph Road. First, I can't stand it because of fade-out, I hate fade-outs.

And second, live it sounds like a 1000000000000000000000000000000 times better.

I have that magazine interview too.   

I agree with you, I hardly ever listen to the studio version of TR when there are so many great live versions around.  Somehow, the studio version doesn't excite me anymore, maybe because I'm used to listening to the live ones, especially those from concerts I attended and after that the studio version does sound lacking in something.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineCrusty

• Banned
  • Camerado
TR is a worst track on LOG album I think. Very flat.

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
TR is a worst track on LOG album I think. Very flat.
Gosh, that's harsh a statement for the best song of all times !
I too prefer the live versions (Alchemy, Vaison, Lyon 2005..) but the studio version is not without merits: lots of subtile sounds, quite long despite the fade-outs...Only the vocals lack emotion compared to Alchemy.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 39 queries.