Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Henrik Hansen Documentary  (Read 121598 times)

OfflineVesper

• Lady writer
Henrik Hansen Documentary
« on: June 30, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »
HENRICK HANSEN DOCUMENTARY: Henrick Hansen, who did the short film for the Tracker album promotion is to do a Mark Knopfler documentary scheduled for a 2018 release together with an in-concert film featuring live performances from the Tracker tour. A Tracker live album is under consideration but not confirmed. (30/06/17)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 11:33:00 PM by Vesper »

Offlineborder_reiver

• Founder
  • Romeo
  • "I've been down in Louisiana playing on his album"
Re: Hendrik Hansen Documentary
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 01:58:03 PM »
As per MK News...credits Klaas credits

But this is great! Copenhagen is one known location where he and his crew filmed throughout the whole show.
"My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues."

Offlineasouza

• Guitar George
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 02:08:09 PM »
amazing news! :clap

OfflineRail King

• Lady writer
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »
I'm sure it'll be nice. Just a little strange to release a 2015 tour documentary in 2018, right? They're doing good work, but man, are they slow ... ::)

Love Expresso

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 05:18:02 PM »
I say the Tracker tour was his worst tour so why on Earth by all means it's THAT tour they are finally do a documentary of?  ::)

LE

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »
I say the Tracker tour was his worst tour so why on Earth by all means it's THAT tour they are finally do a documentary of?  ::)

LE
I personnally enjoyed the tracker tour, some of the versions are among the best ever which I played most often:
-Sos: renewed old licks, Sion version is top notch with the sound problem in the middle that led to funny comments from Mark;
-R&J with sax, great to have again;
-TR: ok, a bit slower, a bit less technical than say 2005, but much better sound, cristal clear. Sion version is the best again for me.
-Bia: great renewed intro, Cristal clear sound
-YLT: great touching intro (She's gone), great to hear again with Nigel
-OES is back ! Love it
-GH: Well played and great
-SAN: Superb and Crystal clear
-HFB: Great sound
-KOG: greater than in 2013
-MT: a bit long but original with Jim
-Postcards: fun as usual
-LAJADAS: good new song
-Skydiver and Broken bones: not great but fun
-Mighty man: quite impressive sound

All in all, quite worthwhile to me ! Will love the live film...

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 07:01:31 PM »

LE

Because there'll be another tour in the future :lol

But seriously, I hope he would rethink his touring a bit, because for another "standard" 999 shows tour I think I'd stay at home.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 07:23:26 PM »
I agree with LE.  Even regulars were less well done than usual. 

BB - worst opener ever.  Offers nothing musically.  Just get it over with and onto the next song.  VERY gentle opener for the old guy.
R&J - sung with less power and emotion.  Sax mixed with vocal during final verse and solo sounds quite strange - don't like it at all.
Sultans - very few versions on the whole tour are error free!  Vocal again is emotionless on this one giving the song even less energy.
OES - not a patch on the DS version.  Mark's guitar remarkably silent during the lyric part devoid of the licks to carry the tune off.  The Dullards don't have the energy and power for the outro either.
HFB - well past it's best as Mark slows down.  Really struggling with this now.
Marbletown - just gets longer and more boring!
YLT - never been good live and it's worse now than it's ever been.  The intro is just a waste of a couple of minutes too, but lets the old boy catch his breath!
Postcards - alright when you're there but unless you're at the gig it's band intro fare.
TR - dropped.  Why?  Listen to some versions just before he dropped it and you'll realise.  Dallas is probably the worst I've heard.  There are some good versions from the tour but none are better than previous tours.

Positives:
Laughs and Jokes - Just can't help but feel he can always do the final solo better and longer, but it's always enjoyable anyway.
MM - one of the best songs at the concert.  Never thought much of this song on the album but sitting at the concert this was magic.
KOG - some of the 2015 versions were the best ever and he seemed to find something in the solo that was missing previously.  A pity he stopped playing it.
SAN - again, some of the very best versions in 2015.  I can say Toronto 2015 was the best ever!

So the idea would be to take music from lots of concerts and edit them into the two filmed concerts (Copenhagen and Barcelona).  I don't see this happening, especially if Guy reads this post!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 07:41:39 PM »

LE

Because there'll be another tour in the future :lol

But seriously, I hope he would rethink his touring a bit, because for another "standard" 999 shows tour I think I'd stay at home.

I'd rather see a Golden Heart style tour; small scale and shorter.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 08:02:49 PM »
Personally, I don't see the point of a live Tracker album.    We already have the Tracker downloads and of those I purchased I only listen to one - Manchester, which I really enjoy.   I am looking forward to the documentary and, of course the new album, though.

I agree with LE and dmg that the Tracker tour wasn't one of MK's best, but some songs were really good - MM and KOG especially.

Again, I agree with dmg that a Golden Heart length of tour would be best with, perhaps, more songs, rather than a very long tour where the set list just gets shorter and shorter as the tour progresses.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Love Expresso

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 08:11:33 PM »
He should ask us... we know  what's best for him to do anyway...  ;D :D

LE
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:14:20 PM by Love Expresso »

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 08:43:13 PM »
Why have a tour, anyway? Take a look at Van Morrison, at his early 70s he have concerts everywhere all the time without army of soldiers preparing the stage, million of concerts in a row, ect. And he visit unusual places, festivals, new towns every time. I especially love when he do shows in smaller venues. Yes, tickets are pricy, but not to the point of not going there.

Recently I was in Barcelona on Van Morrison's show, it was a festival under clear sky on the sea shore, not exactly a small venue, but he was relaxed and as smooth as a man can be. Forget about "tours", just go out there and play music! Like Sir Paul McCartney, like Sir Van Morrison. Maybe we should knight Mark so he will do the same for us? Oh, the Queen should do this, okay...

Why an album should be an excuse to play live, anyway? I'm a bit of tired of his standard "recording—album—tour" schedule, because when people say things like "it was his worst tour" you know something isn't right. Either that or I'm really afraid of the "New Album Name" Tour.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 09:02:27 PM »
Now look at them yo-yo's, that's the way you do it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Never_Ending_Tour

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 09:21:15 PM »

Why an album should be an excuse to play live, anyway? I'm a bit of tired of his standard "recording—album—tour" schedule, because when people say things like "it was his worst tour" you know something isn't right. Either that or I'm really afraid of the "New Album Name" Tour.

True.  Why stick to this stringent regime all the time?  One would think he doesn't have any back catalogue to choose from and he needs new songs to play!  :lol

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 09:23:56 PM »
I stick to my opinion that Sion 2015 was a top-notch show - the last one I attended, first row in open air, Mark right in front of me and on fire, very good Sultans and TR - maybe not the most technical ever, but really enjoyable. I really hope I can see another one in future...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 41 queries.