Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Henrik Hansen Documentary  (Read 121652 times)

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
Re: Hendrik Hansen Documentary
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2017, 10:41:25 PM »
Funny, because Guy said it was the best tour ever!  lol

I'm pretty sure they remixed the Dublin show as well as the Manchester one.  Apart from that they sound awful and do the performances no favours whatsoever.
Not sure about Dublin but Manchester sounds fabulous !!
Sion sounds just a bit less good, but the performance is so much better. One of the best ever for me. Just give this one a try, you may change your mind about 2015...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2017, 10:48:35 PM »

I'm pretty sure they remixed the Dublin show as well as the Manchester one.  Apart from that they sound awful and do the performances no favours whatsoever.

LOL I'm pretty sure the food, the yachts and the hotels was really the best yet, especially according to Guy's gastronomic diary :lol :lol :lol

As we say in Russia, it would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2017, 11:31:56 PM »

Not sure about Dublin but Manchester sounds fabulous !!
Sion sounds just a bit less good, but the performance is so much better. One of the best ever for me. Just give this one a try, you may change your mind about 2015...

I watched the YT video of Sultans the other day after you mentioned it and it is indeed a nice version although not my favourite from the tour.  St Julien is one of the best concerts overall IMHO with a very nice Sultans.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2017, 11:40:34 PM »
Listen to TR from Sion: Crystal clear, not super technical but smooth and rather long for 2015 (13:41). I quite love it.

Offlineschmonka

• Camerado
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2017, 03:00:26 AM »
It may be a little "left field" for some and may not do the song justice without Paul Franklin and "The Box", but YAYF could be a serious contender for the next tour.  Its not fast so no hugely challenging solo's, but provides a new song for the set list, it ticks the electric guitar box, and OES is an awesome version which could sit with the new material MK writes these days.  Basically MK can just stand there and make one of his mighty Pensa's howl! 
Michael Mcintyre - 2009 - Newport - "Ruff as Fuck"

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2017, 11:47:40 AM »
It may be a little "left field" for some and may not do the song justice without Paul Franklin and "The Box", but YAYF could be a serious contender for the next tour.  Its not fast so no hugely challenging solo's, but provides a new song for the set list, it ticks the electric guitar box, and OES is an awesome version which could sit with the new material MK writes these days.  Basically MK can just stand there and make one of his mighty Pensa's howl!

He would just replace PF with the folkies.  He would be trying to get them into the song in any event!  It would still be nice to hear this OES classic though.

@ Herlock.  Done a search on YT and can't find TR from Sion and I don't have the download.  Sorry.

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2017, 12:07:57 PM »
Personally, I don't see the point of a live Tracker album.    We already have the Tracker downloads and of those I purchased I only listen to one - Manchester, which I really enjoy.   I am looking forward to the documentary and, of course the new album, though.

I agree with LE and dmg that the Tracker tour wasn't one of MK's best, but some songs were really good - MM and KOG especially.

Again, I agree with dmg that a Golden Heart length of tour would be best with, perhaps, more songs, rather than a very long tour where the set list just gets shorter and shorter as the tour progresses.

True, but there is a lot to do with the sound to make it better than the downloads. Listen to "Real Live Roadrunning" and compare it with the downloads. It's a different league and to me that has a lot to say. I rarely listen to the downloads, and that is mainly because I don't like the sound of it. They sound a bit strange in my ears.
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2017, 12:11:26 PM »
Personally, I don't see the point of a live Tracker album.    We already have the Tracker downloads and of those I purchased I only listen to one - Manchester, which I really enjoy.   I am looking forward to the documentary and, of course the new album, though.

I agree with LE and dmg that the Tracker tour wasn't one of MK's best, but some songs were really good - MM and KOG especially.

Again, I agree with dmg that a Golden Heart length of tour would be best with, perhaps, more songs, rather than a very long tour where the set list just gets shorter and shorter as the tour progresses.

True, but there is a lot to do with the sound to make it better than the downloads. Listen to "Real Live Roadrunning" and compare it with the downloads. It's a different league and to me that has a lot to say. I rarely listen to the downloads, and that is mainly because I don't like the sound of it. They sound a bit strange in my ears.

The sound of the tour downloads is -overall- terrible. The ones that I like are Newcastle and Manchester. Maybe Rome, or Kansas. I rather listen to my own audience recordings :D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineherlock

• Juliet
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2017, 01:37:26 PM »
Some 2015 recordings were rushed and sound terrible. But other were properly made and sound greater than anything before , with each instrument clearly audible. Manchester is outstanding, Sion is excellent.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2017, 02:14:15 PM »
On the subject of 2015 recordings, since the Bleecker company is not defunct surely it is possible to share any of our audience recordings now on the tracker.  One of my favourite shows sound wise is from Woodinville 12.09.15 as it is so rich and warm with plenty bass and no annoying clapping nearby.  The instruments actually sound in-tune as well, unlike the Bleecker recordings!

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2017, 03:27:52 PM »
On the subject of 2015 recordings, since the Bleecker company is not defunct surely it is possible to share any of our audience recordings now on the tracker.  One of my favourite shows sound wise is from Woodinville 12.09.15 as it is so rich and warm with plenty bass and no annoying clapping nearby.  The instruments actually sound in-tune as well, unlike the Bleecker recordings!

Agree on all points! Can we contact someone to arrange something? I'd be happy to share mine
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »
Pamplina??

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineBilly’s Tune

• Camerado
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2017, 05:50:00 PM »
I was at the Manchester show, it was good and MK had energy. But the recordings, and even the remix are bad. I can listen to them now but only because the memory of the sound from the show night has faded!
It's a shame the downloads are so rubbish though, Liverpool 2013 sounds great as does Manchester 2010 when despite his bad back his playing was superb!

Will I go again? Yes of course but probably only to one show - which is a shame because I'd love to see him in a different country and environment, and one day he won't be touring and I'll say I should have gone to more shows! DS in 1992 was my first ever gig, still regret only going to one show even though that tour had a static set list as well!!

Offlinebinone

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Lady writer
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2017, 06:07:32 PM »
Pamplina??

sent from my Samsung galaxy 7edge via tapatalk

I think it is not possible, they still have rights, and as an official stuff, is against the rules of the tracker.

Anyway, privately, I can share all of them with any fan who wants them. PM me.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2017, 06:35:45 PM »
The US concerts are available in MK.com
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 37 queries.