Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Henrik Hansen Documentary  (Read 121631 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Henrik Hansen Documentary
« Reply #255 on: September 18, 2021, 07:31:35 AM »
If it is delayed they will probably also change it at some point on HH website to a 2022 release.......

Or a date maybe later than 2022??!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #256 on: September 18, 2021, 09:01:27 AM »
He is probably as miffed as everyone else why the project hasn't seen the light of day.

In Russia, we have a song "Zvezdy ne ezdyat v metro", meaning "Celebrities don't ride the subway". I think people like this are just too cool to answer emails :lol

I think everybody universally understands that the project is on halt, or at least in the very slow development, so it will be ready only when it's done. Hence no answers from anybody.

One wonders whether this will ever see 'light of day'?!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #257 on: September 18, 2021, 02:29:39 PM »
He is probably as miffed as everyone else why the project hasn't seen the light of day.

In Russia, we have a song "Zvezdy ne ezdyat v metro", meaning "Celebrities don't ride the subway". I think people like this are just too cool to answer emails :lol

I think everybody universally understands that the project is on halt, or at least in the very slow development, so it will be ready only when it's done. Hence no answers from anybody.

One wonders whether this will ever see 'light of day'?!

Mark...you're gonna need a bigger shelf!

"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #258 on: September 18, 2021, 03:21:15 PM »
What do you expect from someone who released zero dvd/bluray concerts after so many years and tours and
now even tours with a crap computer simulation (kemper) of his own real amps that damages the sound quality,
he has his own ideas that are respectable from one point of view but offensive to a lot of fans from another

David Gilmour releases 1 or even 2 bluray concerts from each tour,  Eric Clapton releases bluray concerts from tours
or even private sessions like the one coming in November, Mark Knopfler releases nothing after so many tours, that's it
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #259 on: September 18, 2021, 03:37:42 PM »
What do you expect from someone who released zero dvd/bluray concerts after so many years and tours and
now even tours with a crap computer simulation (kemper) of his own real amps that damages the sound quality,
he has his own ideas that are respectable from one point of view but offensive to a lot of fans from another

David Gilmour releases 1 or even 2 bluray concerts from each tour,  Eric Clapton releases bluray concerts from tours
or even private sessions like the one coming in November, Mark Knopfler releases nothing after so many tours, that's it

Just for interest do DG or Crapton release audio recordings of their shows each night they play like MK?? Just curious...

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #260 on: September 18, 2021, 03:57:39 PM »

Just for interest do DG or Crapton release audio recordings of their shows each night they play like MK?? Just curious...

I feel that Mark's not comfortable with the video format from day 1. While in the early days or even before the internet there were a lot of videos, but merely because Mark "needed" to do it in order to promote his music, I think now he's in his "videoless heaven", when he doesn't need to, and more importantly, doesn't want to make videos. From the interviews, we can get that he's not a fan of music videos either. So he's just not a video guy as much as he's not a prose guy.

Concert recordings are fine, but to be honest with you I never listened to those, even the shows I went to. It's okay and a great addition to the collection, but not more. I can live without it. If that's "the substitute" for proper live albums, then I have bad news for Mark :lol

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #261 on: September 18, 2021, 04:10:22 PM »
Agree, he seems uncomfortable and very reluctant with the video format. As said before, I don't understand why he let HH start the project in the first place. Does it end up with just him sitting in a room at BG, answering questions he himself made?  HH probably is miffed, yes. I truly hope I am wrong with all this  :-\ :)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #262 on: September 18, 2021, 04:37:46 PM »

The Thread is about video stuff, not audio

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #263 on: September 18, 2021, 04:41:32 PM »

I feel that Mark's not comfortable with the video format from day 1. While in the early days or even before the internet there were a lot of videos, but merely because Mark "needed" to do it in order to promote his music, I think now he's in his "videoless heaven", when he doesn't need to, and more importantly, doesn't want to make videos. From the interviews, we can get that he's not a fan of music videos either. So he's just not a video guy as much as he's not a prose guy.

Concert recordings are fine, but to be honest with you I never listened to those, even the shows I went to. It's okay and a great addition to the collection, but not more. I can live without it. If that's "the substitute" for proper live albums, then I have bad news for Mark :lol

yes, some audience recordings are vastly superior to those 'soundboards' , at least the Pensa on Telegraph sounds like a great guitar, not like a 100 euro guitar as in those 'soundboards', incredible stuff frankly, but he tours with a Kemper, so anything is possible, in the bad direction unfortunately
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 04:44:31 PM by PensaGhost »

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #264 on: September 18, 2021, 05:29:37 PM »
and what about the video of 'Good on you son' where you can see they have the live video recordings from different shows,
and it's great stuff, but you can't have it, kidding us

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #265 on: September 18, 2021, 07:00:22 PM »
Mark released the 2006 tour on DVD.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #266 on: September 18, 2021, 07:08:58 PM »

It was 15 years ago.

:lol

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #267 on: September 18, 2021, 07:12:38 PM »

The Thread is about video stuff, not audio

I'm actually centering on general releases as I'm of the theory MK isn't keen on video releases.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #268 on: September 18, 2021, 07:15:39 PM »
and what about the video of 'Good on you son' where you can see they have the live video recordings from different shows,
and it's great stuff, but you can't have it, kidding us

A little bit of tempting us with some of the film. Again I wonder if we will ever see it?!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #269 on: September 18, 2021, 07:19:20 PM »

Perhaps a management decision as it was with Emmylou?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 37 queries.