Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Pensa Suhr  (Read 4585 times)

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
Pensa Suhr
« on: November 16, 2017, 05:36:43 PM »
 Hi!

Sorry for maybe putting this in the wrong thread, but hope somebody can help me.. :)

A guy came in a guitar repair shop a friend of mine has with a Pensa-Suhr guitar that has been resting in a case in a basement for years.. emg’s, Floyd rose, maple head and a red-burst body..

Does anyone here might know what this could be worth? Condition of the guitar is excellent..

Robbed

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
Re: Pensa Suhr
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:22:10 PM »
I'd say not less than 10K. Probably more. Do you have pics?
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinermarques821

• Lady writer
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 11:35:36 PM »
Is it really a Pensa Suhr? Or is it Pensa or Suhr, like seperately? If it's an old Pensa Suhr from the early 90's, just like the one Mark used on OES Tour, I'd say between 10-15k... Nowadays, you can get a standard Pensa for like 7k and a Suhr MK1 for around 4k.

OfflineTobben

• Camerado
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 12:02:00 PM »
Pensa Suhr! Made in september 1990 with a Anderson neck. The guy who had it wasn't´interested in selling it. He also had his name on the neck, so I understand why..  :)

I have pictures, but I don't want to upload them as long as I haven't got permission :) I will ask!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 09:04:04 PM »
I own a PensaSuhr and know the market well, more than 10K is correct as someone said

Pensa MK1 and Suhr MK1 have similar value, not 7 to 4 like it has been mentioned
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 11:22:39 PM »
Hello, my name is Afonso Sousa. I´m a professional guitar player and music teacher.

Would the owner be willing to take an offer on his Pensa-Suhr guitar, although his first intention isn´t to sell it? My offer to him: $17.000

Feel free to check out the link below, I lived for five years in New York and in this video am playing with one of the very finest jazz guitarists:

My email - afopais@gmail.com.
I´ll be waiting for your reply, I´d be willing to pay you something if this sale goes forward. Thank you in advance
Best

Afonso Pais

Not a fan of bossa nova but as a Brazilian it’s always good to hear foreigners playing it with excellence.

Well done  :clap

Offlineafonso

• Guitar George
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 04:32:41 AM »

Obrigado ed-raposo!

I own a PensaSuhr and know the market well, more than 10K is correct as someone said

Pensa MK1 and Suhr MK1 have similar value, not 7 to 4 like it has been mentioned

PensaGhost, would you take an offer on your Pensa Suhr?

Regards,

Afonso Sousa

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 01:08:59 PM »

Obrigado ed-raposo!

Regards,

Afonso Sousa

Afonso, in case you're willing to pay $17,000 for a Pensa MK I strongly recommend you talk directly with the man himself Rudy Pensa. With that kind of money I believe you can buy a brand new one from his shop - and maybe even customize it to an extent!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 01:43:06 PM »

Obrigado ed-raposo!

Regards,

Afonso Sousa

Well not right now, but since I can't play at all because of major wrists problems it's possible I will sell it in the future, Send me your email privately so we can keep in touch
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 01:50:58 PM »

Obrigado ed-raposo!

Regards,

Afonso Sousa

Afonso, in case you're willing to pay $17,000 for a Pensa MK I strongly recommend you talk directly with the man himself Rudy Pensa. With that kind of money I believe you can buy a brand new one from his shop - and maybe even customize it to an extent!

First of all the original MK1 was built by John Suhr, Pensa provided only the woods.

I have many friends who own a new Pensa MK1 or Suhr MK1 with all the right spec (similar/identical to the original), you can buy them right now for about 6-7K euros, both sound great

but

To be honest when you buy a PensaSuhr you have 2 major plus, first of all the wood is almost 30 years old which is much better than  owning a new guitar and then you have something which is extremely difficult to buy/own while you can buy a new Pensa or a new Suhr just by calling them, a 2-3x price is appropriate.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.033 seconds with 38 queries.