Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Brothers in Arms delivers The Americans to the finish line.  (Read 5852 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Brothers in Arms delivers The Americans to the finish line.
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2018, 12:13:56 PM »
And why he had to do that mix? The song itself was not good enough?

It sounds like a copy and paste thing.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinemschaap

• Camerado
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2018, 10:32:57 PM »
They possibly asked to remix to make it fit exactly to the timing of scenes, hence the altering in the instrumental segments. And to lift the vocals/lead lines more to the foreground for the lyrics and melody to have more impact, at least so it seemed to me (albeit by casually listening to it once on my tablet).

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2018, 11:01:32 PM »
Lol, why this even exist? If you're a fan of Dire Straits and also a movie director, that doesn't mean you should start just adding their songs on top of everything. Looks like I'm watching a clip from a movie with "Brothers In Arms" playing in the next bar on my browser. Truly remarkable endeavor.

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2018, 01:41:36 PM »
Lol, why this even exist? If you're a fan of Dire Straits and also a movie director, that doesn't mean you should start just adding their songs on top of everything. Looks like I'm watching a clip from a movie with "Brothers In Arms" playing in the next bar on my browser. Truly remarkable endeavor.

Apparently the show in question is well known for using music in every episode and that became a big thing for the fans. It might sound meh to us because we don't follow the show and are not attached to it but I checked a fan forum yesterday and was happy to see they loved how the song worked. Brothers in Arms is obviously a song about war and so is the show, seems like a good fit to me. 

Regarding the remix, it was absolutely necessary and happens quite often in the movie industry.
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

Offlinecannibals

• Romeo
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2018, 01:51:03 AM »
“Mark Knopfler not only personally approved of using that song in the finale, but he and [Dire Straits keyboardist] Guy Fletcher actually helped us smooth out the use of the song by giving us access to their original recorded elements,” Weisberg revealed. “That really made a beautiful difference in the sequence.

https://quartzy.qz.com/1292542/two-of-the-greatest-montages-in-tv-history-are-linked-by-the-same-haunting-anthem/

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2018, 02:43:20 PM »
“Mark Knopfler not only personally approved of using that song in the finale, but he and [Dire Straits keyboardist] Guy Fletcher actually helped us smooth out the use of the song by giving us access to their original recorded elements,” Weisberg revealed. “That really made a beautiful difference in the sequence.

https://quartzy.qz.com/1292542/two-of-the-greatest-montages-in-tv-history-are-linked-by-the-same-haunting-anthem/

Random TV show phones up and asks if they can use a few seconds of one of his songs and he gives them access to the vaults.  Loyal fans attending shows for decades and buying all the albums get diddly squat in terms of bonus material.  >:(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineEddie Fox

• Romeo
    • Ed Raposo
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2018, 02:46:07 PM »

Random TV show phones up and asks if they can use a few seconds of one of his songs and he gives them access to the vaults.  Loyal fans attending shows for decades and buying all the albums get diddly squat in terms of bonus material.  >:(

Perhaps Mark is a fan of the show. In this case he is technically us  ;D
I am the Iron Fist. Protector of K'un-Lun. Sworn enemy of the Hand.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.028 seconds with 36 queries.