Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: LIST OF RECORDED SONGS ACCORDING TO ISWC-NET  (Read 6965 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
LIST OF RECORDED SONGS ACCORDING TO ISWC-NET
« on: June 15, 2018, 11:28:54 AM »
BORDER REIVER
HARD SHOULDER
YOU CAN'T BEAT THE HOUSE
BEFORE GAS AND TV
MONTELEONE
CLEANING MY GUN
THE CAR WAS THE ONE
REMEMBRANCE DAY
GET LUCKY
SO FAR FROM THE CLYDE
PIPER TO THE END
HOME BOY
EARLY BIRD
PULLING DOWN THE RIDE
GOOD AS GOLD
TIME IN THE SUN
OLD SOLDIERS WON'T SIGN ON
BONFIRE NIGHT
WHEN I'M ON MY OWN (title accidentally mentioned by Guy in his forum, together with Bonfire Night, not sure if it's from this sessions or older)
WHEN IT'S OVER (title accidentally mentioned by Guy in his forum, together with Bonfire Night, not sure if it's from this sessions or older)
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: LIST OF RECORDED SONGS ACCORDING TO ISWC-NET
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 08:46:17 AM »
Again I wonder if any of these will ever see light of day??

OLD SOLDIERS WON'T SIGN ON
BONFIRE NIGHT
WHEN I'M ON MY OWN
WHEN IT'S OVER
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 01:42:10 PM »
The amazing thing is, aswell as those songs and many more that have been recorded that we may not hear, Mark has also stated "There are so many songs I'll never get around to recording"
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2021, 10:21:54 AM »
The amazing thing is, aswell as those songs and many more that have been recorded that we may not hear, Mark has also stated "There are so many songs I'll never get around to recording"

Which I find incredibly sad.....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 01:13:55 PM »

Why ?

You think that all what Mark writes is gold ?

I guess the opposite and Mark only publish when he thinks the song is good enough.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 05:12:14 PM »

Why ?

I guess the opposite and Mark only publish when he thinks the song is good enough.

I'm somewhat in-between here.  Some of the leftovers are absolute gems and we know this from the bonus tracks such as Don't Suck Me In, Sky and Water and Pale Imitation, which all should've made the record.  They are better than most of the album imho.  The Get Lucky bonus tracks/super deluxe editions however should've never even been recorded, with the possible exception of Early Bird which is only average.

It has often occurred to me that since Ed left the "best" songs have often been left out of the albums and to hell with its commercial appeal.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 05:14:33 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 06:48:04 PM »

Why ?

Exactly the point! No, not all MK writes is Gold and that's understood but its perhaps sad we won't get to hear some of his 'deeply buried' items....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 06:49:59 PM »

Why ?

I'm somewhat in-between here.  Some of the leftovers are absolute gems and we know this from the bonus tracks such as Don't Suck Me In, Sky and Water and Pale Imitation, which all should've made the record.  They are better than most of the album imho.  The Get Lucky bonus tracks/super deluxe editions however should've never even been recorded, with the possible exception of Early Bird which is only average.

It has often occurred to me that since Ed left the "best" songs have often been left out of the albums and to hell with its commercial appeal.

Not even 'Home boy'??

Love Expresso

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2021, 07:30:48 PM »

Why ?

I must say I really fully agree with every word you wrote , dmg.

LE

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2021, 08:06:07 PM »
Mark wrote these three Pulling The Ride, Home Boy, Good As Gold for fun. That's life. Not only with serious stories. And very well. Agree 3 bonuses from Down The Road Wherever should be on the official album. Previously Occupation Blues River Of Grog and Follow The Ribbon too.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 08:08:12 PM by Robson »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 05:36:52 PM »
Mark wrote these three Pulling The Ride, Home Boy, Good As Gold for fun. That's life. Not only with serious stories. And very well. Agree 3 bonuses from Down The Road Wherever should be on the official album. Previously Occupation Blues River Of Grog and Follow The Ribbon too.

Occupation Blues - outstanding track. Was lucky to hear that live.....a particular fave of mine now and yes it should have been on the main album...

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 06:14:13 PM »
I had a conversation by mail years ago, when MK was about to open his studio, with Chuck Ainlay and he told me that most of MK best songs, usually rockers, were left out of his records because he wanted to have balance on his records, despite leaving out some of the best.

He also told me that he hoped that having a studio of his own and all his time to play there, maybe he would rescue some of that rockers.

Now we know he didn't, he just turned into a folkie songwriter.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 07:28:58 PM »
I had a conversation by mail years ago, when MK was about to open his studio, with Chuck Ainlay and he told me that most of MK best songs, usually rockers, were left out of his records because he wanted to have balance on his records, despite leaving out some of the best.

He also told me that he hoped that having a studio of his own and all his time to play there, maybe he would rescue some of that rockers.

Oh how interesting, thanks for that jbaent...

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 07:38:14 PM »

Nah, let's fire Chuck and instead move microphones around with Guy 24/7 :lol

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 07:43:49 PM »

Nah, let's fire Chuck and instead move microphones around with Guy 24/7 :lol

Ooooh yes plenty of Microphones!!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 39 queries.