Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Me and the wanderlust  (Read 3280 times)

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Me and the wanderlust
« on: June 15, 2018, 12:00:00 PM »
With the announcement of the new record to be released in autumm 2018, I'm sure many of you starte to feel that shivers on our spine...

It's what I call "Me and the wanderlust", how do you do with that feeling until tour dates is announced?

I'm not doing it well as that wanderlust invades me everyday because of a curious situation. Everyday, to get to my work, I drive by the same motorway that I drive to get to the Alicante airport, my favourite one to travel abroad to attend MK concerts. Everyday, driving, there is a moment in which memories of me travelling with my "knopflerian pal" to the airport, listening to the new record in the car, talking about the setlist etc etc and that feeling is even stronger when I'm drinving and listening to MK music.

It makes me the waiting longer but at the same time, that anticipation, that memories that come to me everyday, makes me feel excited about what's to come.

Do you have any experience like that, related to this "wanderlust"?
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Re: Me and the wanderlust
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 12:44:56 PM »
 :thumbsup

I dream the new album at night. I think I even saw the cover
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 03:50:18 PM »
I would take a different route to your work Jbaent!  The more you think about it, the longer it will seem until these concerts come around.  I usually don't think about it until nearer the time.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2018, 04:33:47 PM »
I would take a different route to your work Jbaent!  The more you think about it, the longer it will seem until these concerts come around.  I usually don't think about it until nearer the time.

There is no other route unless I want to spend three hours doing a route that costs 40 minutes and that goes through giant mountains. Actually there are days that I look at the mountains, with all the mist thinking I'm in Scotland LOL

Offlinekaleo74

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 12:44:44 AM »
I just forgot about the summer hit :)   The release of a new album always put me in a special mood, the fall, the end of vacations, winter’s coming etc.... always a thrill and lots of expectations with the fatal reality that Mark is not 30 anymore, so I don’t expect a dancing or a rocking song, just a wise and a beautiful album.
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 12:12:19 PM »
If just the tour announcement and see what dates fill better to fly from here is not enough nerves, this time we also have the musical, LOL

Like many of you I had bought tickets for the musical In Edinburgh, a very beautiful city to visit, in the hope the tour announcement would bring some MK concerts around the dates of the musical (it is supposed that MK won't take part in the musical representation so both things can coincide...), and also not forgetting the musical dates in London and the small chances to coincide with MK at the RAH or the O2, small as the musical starts in London on June 13rd and usually MK plays in London late May, very early june, he never played London around the 13rd of June...

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 01:55:44 PM »
In April I did a nice travel to the New Forest and the best way for me to reach there was via London, and then by train from Waterloo Station until Southampton, where a friend living there pick me up to visit the NF.

I spent a night in London in a nice hotel near the Waterloo station that was also close to the Old Vic Theatre and I saved it in my bookmarks thinking that in June 2019 MK will be on tour and could coincide with the musical at the Old Vic... But now that the musical in London has been delayed to 2020, that ideal trip has failed  :o I would had to try it with Edinburgh  ;)

Despite that, the wanderlust just grow and grow, the waiting for the tour dates is being endless  :think

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 03:25:26 PM »
The wanderlust for Mark's music never goes away for me, even when he is not recording, I know he is writing, or already has lots of songs written and waiting to be recorded. Interestingly, reading many posts by many people on various forums over the years, I think I live the closest to Mark in the New Forest (Although I could be wrong) I am yet to see him around the area either walking or riding his bike like in the Good On You Son video.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »
I was thinking today driving to work, the same road that I have to drive to go to the airport about this topic I opened long ago, and how everything ended...

This is going to be the tour in which I would travel the most and attend the most concerts!

First, because of the musical, which happens before the tour, so I will attend one musical performance, so first travel, to Edinburgh in early April!

Second, the tour starts in my country in late April, with three concerts in a row perfect for me, Barcelona, in a affordable distant from where I live, a second concert in Valencia, which is where I live, and a third one in Madrid, at a one hour and half travel by train. Two of these three concerts needs travel, actually three, because to attend the one in my city, I have to travel back from Barcelona, so, three more travels here.

Third, the mighty RAH in May. As MK is telling whenever he can that this might be his last tour, I felt I should do a last RAH just in case so, another travel here!

Fourth, as long as the UK dates doesn't fit to do my usual travel, I had to check other concerts in weekend, that was Anwerpen and Amsterdam in June, two travels to two different countries in just one weekend!

And last, a travel to beautiful Verona in July, to attend the last show in Europe, as I did with Barcelona last tour, and with Gredos in 2010.

Eight travels in total, to feed the wanderlust... quite a lot to me. I'm happy and really looking forward to the first one and be back at the wonderful Edinburgh, one of the most beautiful cities I had visited in my life, and I've been in Rome, Florentia and Venezia...

How went your traveling plans to feed the wanderlust?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 37 queries.