Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Altamira movie soundtrack  (Read 70050 times)

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
Re: Altamira movie soundtrack
« Reply #180 on: April 04, 2016, 01:40:49 AM »
I found the story interesting...

It's the main thing, thanks.

Offlinemschaap

• Camerado
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2016, 11:32:04 PM »
What a fantastic soundtrack this is! Beautifull melodies and arrangements, sounds very authentic. Love the orchestral parts played by real intruments for a change and the sound of the marimbas played by Evelyn Glennie really add something. But it seems a little odd that she is billed equal to Mark as composer, did she really co-wtite the main theme melodies? The sound and melodie of that horn in a few places is fantastic too as are the human voices in 'Onward'. And what to say about the beautifull cello, hope Mark will feature this intrument in his regular songs as well in the future. Of course those bison sounds I could live without but I'm sure will suit those scenes in the movie very well. Great little peace of work!

Onlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2016, 09:04:01 AM »
What a fantastic soundtrack this is! Beautifull melodies and arrangements, sounds very authentic. Love the orchestral parts played by real intruments for a change and the sound of the marimbas played by Evelyn Glennie really add something. But it seems a little odd that she is billed equal to Mark as composer, did she really co-wtite the main theme melodies? The sound and melodie of that horn in a few places is fantastic too as are the human voices in 'Onward'. And what to say about the beautifull cello, hope Mark will feature this intrument in his regular songs as well in the future. Of course those bison sounds I could live without but I'm sure will suit those scenes in the movie very well. Great little peace of work!

I love this beautiful soundtrack too.   It's a little gem.   Although I respect Evelyn Glennie as a percussionist and I realise that the Bison tracks are an important part of the film, for me the soundtrack, as a listener, flows much better without those tracks, so I have made an edited version omitting the Bison tracks.    Now I can listen to either version according to how I feel!     :)

Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2016, 04:04:41 PM »
I'm not sure that I will listen to these tunes every blessed day, but would like to mention that I was indeed enchanted by the sounding of a cello.

OfflineJustme

• Romeo
  • Kilnockie Supporters Club
« Reply #184 on: April 12, 2016, 07:44:06 PM »
Who doesn't love a cello now and then? The musical world has so much to offer, think of classical music, jazz, blues etc.
And she's sitting in her Lusso, in the early morning sun.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »
The Cello is played by the wonderful Caroline Dale, who has also played live with David Gilmour, playing Comfortably Numb among other songs :o
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineThrottle

• Camerado
« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2016, 11:53:44 PM »
The Cello is played by the wonderful Caroline Dale, who has also played live with David Gilmour, playing Comfortably Numb among other songs :o

It's very interesting, thank you.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2016, 01:09:14 PM »
You can watch Caroline here:

Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2016, 04:34:54 AM »
Got my copy today.  Anyone knows if different versions / singles / promo cds of this soundtrack out there?
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 39 queries.