Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Love Over Gold  (Read 2262 times)

OfflineNatara

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Love Over Gold
« on: September 17, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »
Hi Everyone
I'm a new member and have actually joined just to pick your brains about a copy of Love Over Gold that I own so firstly I hope that is ok with you and apologies if not.

I have a U.K 1st press which is identical to every other copy except on the back cover on the top left corner just below and to the right a bit of the Vertigo logo there is an impressed gold leaf circle about the size of a 10 pence piece. It is definetley supposed to be there and has been manufactured that way.

I was archiving my collection on Discogs and discovered that no other issue has this imprint I have asked on Pink
Fish Media and also Art of Sound where there are many Straits fans but nobody has a copy like it.

I'm an avid record collector and have been for over 30 years and was curious to know if I have something special.

I have tried to upload a picture but cannot work out how.

Kindest Regards
Nat

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
Re: Love Over Gold
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023, 12:10:24 PM »
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023, 07:00:14 PM »
Hello Natara. Interesting to hear about your LOG UK-copy.
You said, that it is a regular UK-issue from those days and the golden printed circle is "special" on your copy. Hmm, i have seen golden-coloured printed promo-text-infos on record-covers, mostly from US-releases.
Maybe, your circle-print could be made by a pre-owner of your record, or have you bought it with that mark as a new record from the store.?? If it was not the case it could be an individual mark by pre-owner, or maybe an individual mark for archival purposes by radio-station archive or something like that, but i know that not exactely. Are there some more additional information readable in or close to the circle, like a number or an inscription ??
 :think
We are fools to make war

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 10:46:09 PM »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineChrisGlastonbury

• Guitar George
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 09:40:30 AM »
Hi Everyone
I'm a new member and have actually joined just to pick your brains about a copy of Love Over Gold that I own so firstly I hope that is ok with you and apologies if not.

I have a U.K 1st press which is identical to every other copy except on the back cover on the top left corner just below and to the right a bit of the Vertigo logo there is an impressed gold leaf circle about the size of a 10 pence piece. It is definetley supposed to be there and has been manufactured that way.

I was archiving my collection on Discogs and discovered that no other issue has this imprint I have asked on Pink
Fish Media and also Art of Sound where there are many Straits fans but nobody has a copy like it.

I'm an avid record collector and have been for over 30 years and was curious to know if I have something special.

I have tried to upload a picture but cannot work out how.

Kindest Regards
Nat

I’ve seen something like this before, I expect it’s a promo copy.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 38 queries.