Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: FB rumour about MK family - topic closed now  (Read 22932 times)

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Re: When did MK's mom die, if she did
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2018, 06:25:49 PM »
Also a weird coincidence if his mum died years ago then his daughter posted that pic?

She was still alive a couple of years ago when I attended a David Knopfler concert, because he talked about calling to see her and having a cup of tea together!     He made the audience laugh about her repeating herself!   :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:29:06 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 06:34:32 PM »
Also a weird coincidence if his mum died years ago then his daughter posted that pic?

She was still alive a couple of years ago when I attended a David Knopfler concert, because he talked about calling to see her and having a cup of tea together!     He made the audience laugh about her repeating herself!   :)

So my take is October 2017 then... Man, MK have some curious anomalies with his relatives. Do you know that you just can't find the birthdate of his wife? Wikipedia just says the year and that's it. I think Wikipedia knows the birthdate of much, much less famous people, but why with her?

But you know what's really funny? Is that Issy again has spoiled her mum's birthday on her Instagram page and it became known.

Each year many and many questions arise so Mark can base his autobiography just on that. Brother situation? Birthdate situation? Mother situation? The Hall Of Fame situation? The Dentist situation? The Sausages situation? Man, Mark is the real International Man of Mystery! :lol
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:38:47 PM by quizzaciously »

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2018, 06:39:36 PM »

My guess is that it happened on 15th of October, but maybe a year ago and this was just a little anniversary tribute.

With regards to MK's daughter...

She seems to be cultivating some sort of showbiz career... her boyfriend is an actor, she recently worked with Natalie Portman at some showbiz event at the RAH etc etc

Part of cultivating a showbiz career these days is social media, so if she posts something, she wants people to see it, otherwise she would just have a private account for her friends.

She posted a pic of her arse in a bikini yesterday for Christ's sake...

I think that pictures Isabella posts is like kindergarten level stuff compared to the things that you can see in Instagram feed of other girls of that age. A couple of bikini pictures is completely okay, especially being not vulgar at all. The times are changing, again and again :D
Not saying it's not OK, just responding to the people speaking about her privacy when she doesn't appear to care about it.
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2018, 06:52:15 PM »
Have you heard the very sad news about Jack Sonni's daugther ? I read it on FB yesterday
it's strange that people are talking about speculation about Mark's mum, and even not one word about Jack's daughter. Ok he is not the main preocupation of this forum, but he has been a DS member anyway

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2018, 06:54:08 PM »

My guess is that it happened on 15th of October, but maybe a year ago and this was just a little anniversary tribute.

With regards to MK's daughter...

She seems to be cultivating some sort of showbiz career... her boyfriend is an actor, she recently worked with Natalie Portman at some showbiz event at the RAH etc etc

Part of cultivating a showbiz career these days is social media, so if she posts something, she wants people to see it, otherwise she would just have a private account for her friends.

She posted a pic of her arse in a bikini yesterday for Christ's sake...

I think that pictures Isabella posts is like kindergarten level stuff compared to the things that you can see in Instagram feed of other girls of that age. A couple of bikini pictures is completely okay, especially being not vulgar at all. The times are changing, again and again :D
Not saying it's not OK, just responding to the people speaking about her privacy when she doesn't appear to care about it.
True

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2018, 07:03:11 PM »
Have you heard the very sad news about Jack Sonni's daugther ? I read it on FB yesterday
it's strange that people are talking about speculation about Mark's mum, and even not one word about Jack's daughter. Ok he is not the main preocupation of this forum, but he has been a DS member anyway

I've heard it, and I even visited a fundraising page link from Guy's forum. BUT.

But I still can't understand what happened and why and for what $20k are being raised.

You can open a new thread about it and maybe it will make it clear, because I have no clue what it's all about.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2018, 07:06:20 PM »

Yes.  I was going to post that but forgot.  Jack wrote a very nice tribute in FB.  It is indeed very sad news, especially considering her age.  We will all recall Mark's words during the Mandela concert regarding Jack's "two little babies."

I have not heard of any fundraising.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2018, 07:14:26 PM »
Never heard that. Not a matter of discrimination jf. What happened?

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2018, 07:18:38 PM »

yes I know it isn't discrimination of course, but I read on french FB group yesterday that Jack's daughter passed away, and when I come here, I see 3 pages about speculation about Mark's mum.
No offense to anybody, it's just a strange feeling

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2018, 07:20:58 PM »

yes I know it isn't discrimination of course, but I read on french FB group yesterday that Jack's daughter passed away, and when I come here, I see 3 pages about speculation about Mark's mum.
What exactly happened? Cannot really find a story on FB. Only that she sadly enough leaves behind a four year old son

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2018, 07:45:02 PM »

What exactly happened? Cannot really find a story on FB. Only that she sadly enough leaves behind a four year old son

I don't know what happened but for those not on fb here is Jack's message:

Dear Friends,
The outpouring of heartfelt expressions of love and support for me and my family at losing our beautiful Nadine has been overwhelming and humbling. It has also been a great comfort to us all at seeing how loved she was by so many. The generous donations from around the world are greatly appreciated and will help tremendously with the burden we have found ourselves suddenly facing.
We are so grateful for the countless messages we’ve received here, in emails and texts. For the vast number of friends whose voices have comforted us and shared our grief. Please know we’ve read them all and may not have had a chance to respond but all are so greatly appreciated.
Nadine was a warm bright light, loving and kind to a fault and incapable of seeing anything but the good in others. She was a wonderful mother who loved her son, Merrick, with every last bit of her huge heart. He was the center of her world.
Life is fragile and precious and there are no guarantees because Tomorrow Never Knows. It cares not for our plans or dreams and all we truly have is this moment.
So please, my dear friends, hold your loved ones near and hug them while you can. It is all too possible they may walk out the door and never return.
In Gratitude,
Jack
Caiti, Silas, Hendrix and Merrick

:'(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2018, 07:55:11 PM »
The fundraising about Jack's daughter is to cover the expenses needed to bury her.

Indeed very sad, she was very young and had a 4 years kid...

Mk and Jack were best friends during early 80's and Guy's wife is Jack's cousin.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2018, 08:47:43 PM »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »
it seems MK funded $1K 1 hour ago, you can still see him in the 'recent donations' section at the link above

« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:03:24 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »
it seems MK funded 1K 1 hour ago

Nice catch! Interesting why he wouldn't make an anonymous donation, because there's an option. I see a lot of good people there and a lot of generous donations and a lot of care, makes me love the world a little bit more. Pity I can't afford a donation more than 10$ though.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.048 seconds with 38 queries.