Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: FB rumour about MK family - topic closed now  (Read 22787 times)

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
FB rumour about MK family - topic closed now
« on: October 15, 2018, 08:51:03 PM »
Hi all,
There are discussions on FB that MK's mum died last week. Also people saying it was years ago.
I can't remember that I have heard it in the past. Does anyone here know? Thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 03:29:05 PM by Pottel »

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: When did MK's mom die, if she did
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 09:19:13 PM »
I was quite angry someone posted that without any proof.  She claimed "from a good source" but when asked wouldn't tell.  Without 100% proof I think it best not to speculate at all.  There's enough of that on the 'net as it is.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 09:26:08 PM »
Hi all,
There are discussions on FB that MK's mum died last week. Also people saying it was years ago.
I can't remember that I have heard it in the past. Does anyone here know? Thanks

I can imagine the army of people who will shout "that's too personal to discuss". By the way, Isabella posted this just today on Instagram:

With all that said, many of genius artistic people had difficult relationships with their parents or they died too young or something. Another amazing thing about Mark is that both of his parents had a long and happy life (at least it seems even for a distant observer like me) and actually was able to see their son's amazing success. I find this very interesting.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:33:07 PM by quizzaciously »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 09:34:08 PM »
Hi all,

I can imagine the army of people who will shout "that's too personal to discuss". By the way, Isabella posted this just today on Instagram:

With all that said, many of genius artistic people had difficult relationships with their parents or they died too young or something. Another amazing thing about Mark is that both of his parents had a long and happy life (at least it seems even for a distant observer like me) and actually was able to see their son's amazing success. I find this very interesting.
Looking at her account now and am not seeing it?
Also, I thought she died some years ago?
Everyone's mum dies at some point, also our hero's

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 09:37:05 PM »
Well I just did a screenshot, because I screenshot everything interesting. But as it turned out, the picture is still in her stories feed.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 09:45:41 PM »
Maybe a bit too much if were posting pictures from the stories feed of his daughter but who am I...
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlineingridswing

• Founder
  • Rüdiger
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 09:47:19 PM »
But still no answer  :'(

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 09:54:29 PM »
Maybe a bit too much if were posting pictures from the stories feed of his daughter but who am I...

A picture from a public social network anyone has access to? :D

Everyone's mum dies at some point, also our hero's

This is a little bit off-topic, but again this situation shows that it's so pity Mark has literally no interaction with fans whatsoever apart from music. So fans get "behind the scenes" pictures from Guy's instagram, interesting stories through David Knopfler's Facebook page, and now possibly the news about the passing of the main human being in every people's life from like... His daughter's Instagram page?

I mean, Mark can find time to write an obituary about some musician who passed away and with whom he never even played, but about his mom we have to guess and ask. I find this a little bit disturbing, but not too much. I just think out loud, don't get me wrong.

See a beautiful tribute by Tom Hanks: https://www.facebook.com/TomHanks/photos/a.130476361320/10154094379036321/?type=3&theater

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 10:05:10 PM »
Mother death is something very personal. He does not have to announce to the world
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 10:37:12 PM »
I mean, Mark can find time to write an obituary about some musician who passed away and with whom he never even played, but about his mom we have to guess and ask. I find this a little bit disturbing, but not too much. I just think out loud, don't get me wrong.

I couldn't disagree more. How could you find it disturbing that we 'have to ask' about his mother's wellness? Honestly, I think it's very private, MK doesn't share much about his personal life so there is no reason to expect him to write (not a song) something about it.

About his daughter's social accounts, last week a photo was shared in the other thread and I understand it's publicly available, but for me it's way out of my comfort zone to follow some teenager in the hope I'll find a MK picture someday.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:42:45 PM by TheTimeWasWrong »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 10:54:14 PM »

I couldn't disagree more. How could you find it disturbing that we 'have to ask' about his mother's wellness? Honestly, I think it's very private, MK doesn't share much about his personal life so there is no reason to expect him to write (not a song) something about it.

About his daughter's social accounts, last week a photo was shared in the other thread and I understand it's publicly available, but for me it's way out of my comfort zone to follow some teenager in the hope I'll find a MK picture someday.
Nah, not so much about hoping to see an mk pic some time, more to get some insight in his normal daily life. I think it is still in the verge of what is ok. Also i do the same

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2018, 10:58:30 PM »
Mother death is something very personal. He does not have to announce to the world

Indeed.  And we should stop speculating.  The initial fb post claimed she passed the day before he appeared in Italy.  Considering his spirited mood I doubt that very much.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2018, 11:06:26 PM »

Nah, not so much about hoping to see an mk pic some time, more to get some insight in his normal daily life. I think it is still in the verge of what is ok. Also i do the same

Yeah, the times they are a-changing... I follow like 300 people on Instagram and just because I'm curious, there's just a couple of MK-related pages really. Everybody's got some kind of social media nowadays, so as I said — the times they are changing. But I guess Mark wouldn't be Mark if presented in social media, so that's fair I guess. But you can't guarantee he wouldn't "pull the plug" on social media one day. Today there's nothing, but soon we'll be retweeting his awesome tweets and like his awesome Instagram posts. Who knows?

Indeed.  And we should stop speculating.  The initial fb post claimed she passed the day before he appeared in Italy.  Considering his spirited mood I doubt that very much.

You can't "stop" it unfortunately, because things like that are unstoppable. As an old saying goes, "if you can't beat them, join them". This is the whole thing about social media, that's why stars have a mark of authenticity on their social media profiles. Because it stops any speculations.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2018, 11:13:59 PM »
I think that learning that MK's mother passed away is an information anyway and I don't see anything bad in being aware of it as long as it come from the family.

And I don't need to know much more details.

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineShangri-La

• Local Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2018, 11:23:51 PM »
But still no answer  :'(

I think it's not a very important news. Stay in the public Knopfler's life please.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 36 queries.