Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: No promotional snippets authorized  (Read 4251 times)

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
No promotional snippets authorized
« on: October 22, 2018, 06:16:54 PM »
Sorry guys for the sad news

I phoned my contact at Universal France, and he absolutely can't allow any snippet before the release.
It's not his decision of course, he would love to, but he can't. (by the way he has listened to the album, and he had the same global impression : very fresh and new by a 70 old man, and he said he was surprised too)

So it's now up to my chief's decision : to publish an article 3 weeks before the realaese but without any audio, except for Good on you son, or publish the article after the release with audio snippets...

I think that I will publish it on my own blog without audio. But as I will say the same thing I said here, you won't learn anything new. It's more for french people who are not on AMIT
my article is ready, I talk about past 3 years with the studio, the musical, collaborations, etc...but of course you already know all !

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
Re: No promotional snippets authorized
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 09:32:00 PM »
Maybe he will write something more?
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

Love Expresso

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 09:42:42 PM »
It's less than four weeks until release, JF. Don't worry, I guess we will survive without those snippets. But thank you for all your immense efforts you did the last weeks and answered all our insane questions so patiently. You really fired up expectations, Universal should give you an award. Free tickets for Lyon for example!  :clap

LE

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 10:00:09 PM »
Maybe he will write something more?

Who ?

OfflineRobson

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 10:02:07 PM »
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
    • Blog about music
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2018, 10:09:00 PM »
It's less than four weeks until release, JF. Don't worry, I guess we will survive without those snippets. But thank you for all your immense efforts you did the last weeks and answered all our insane questions so patiently. You really fired up expectations, Universal should give you an award. Free tickets for Lyon for example!  :clap

LE

thanks LE  and thanks everybody for understanding. I tried all that I could.
as for ickets free, I'm afraid it won't be the case, as tickets promoters are not in relation with record labels, but I guess you already know that of course  ;)

I registered on MK.com and I must admit it will be the first time I buy tickets this way
during 10 years I saw this "fan pre-sales" thing, but as he didn't come in my town, I didn't care about it, so i didn't get in details.

I thought that Lyon was a stand up show, so I thought that I could buy tickets via usuals sellers (like fnac for example), but other french fans told me that now, almost all MK shows are seated, even in an arena, so I registered on MK.com to get a numbered place
I will wait and see how it works

thanks in advance for any advice to a MK fan who didn't buy any live ticket for almost 10 years !  :wave

Love Expresso

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2018, 10:10:59 PM »
Lyon 2005 was my favourite concert recording for many years.. energetic place for sure, hopefully Mark's set is made for places like that...

LE

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.035 seconds with 42 queries.