Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings  (Read 163018 times)

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
Re: 2019 Tour USB Stick Recordings
« Reply #375 on: June 12, 2019, 10:43:10 PM »
Having listened properly now to Barcelona, I think it's a terrific opening concert, and the recording quality is a step up from previous tour issues. There really is plenty of presence, with MK's voice and guitar very up-front. The other musicians may be lower in the mix, but they are clearly audible. In many ways it's probably better than being there, as I doubt the sound mix was this effective in the arena. All of this (obviously, Herlock!) via the FLAC - strongly recommended.

One or two songs weren't as good as they were to become a concert or two later - I think particularly of the opening of MFN which became much better with more grandeur and Guy's voice; and as others have said Going Home is perhaps on the wrong guitar with a bit too much of the brassies. But on the other hand, HFoH is way better than what I heard at the RAH, and Bacon Roll, R&J and plenty more are really excellent here. Plus, of course, one of the very last opportunities (I'm sure) to hear Telegraph Road live, and that's pretty decent, if not the very best. This concert is well worth the money.

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
« Reply #376 on: June 12, 2019, 11:43:28 PM »
Funny to hear all that praise for Barcelona. I did not find the opening night being memorable from a performance point of view. There was obvious things to be fixed.
BTW, if I remember well Guy was actually singing on MNF intro but dropped on the recording

The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
« Reply #377 on: June 17, 2019, 10:11:39 PM »
Leeds and Newcastle now up!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #378 on: June 18, 2019, 11:13:08 AM »
Leeds and Newcastle now up!

Well worth the wait they are too!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #379 on: June 18, 2019, 12:13:40 PM »
looking forward to hearing both of them!, when I get paid ill be able to get them , leeds I thought at the time was better , but liked Newcastle also with its highlights too ,
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2019, 01:32:44 PM »
looking forward to hearing both of them!, when I get paid ill be able to get them , leeds I thought at the time was better , but liked Newcastle also with its highlights too ,

Yeah, Leeds was a very well played show but had a mistake on the R&J solo but Newcastle was spoiled for me by the sound from my poor seat.  It'll be interesting to compare them both in the recordings and get a fair comparison.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #381 on: June 18, 2019, 01:56:08 PM »
like wise , remember extended Blaydon races for intro wam at Newcastle , but seat on side his hard to judge with sound sometimes, I know Ingrid and co loved Newcastle

Yeah, Leeds was a very well played show but had a mistake on the R&J solo but Newcastle was spoiled for me by the sound from my poor seat.  It'll be interesting to compare them both in the recordings and get a fair comparison.
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #382 on: June 18, 2019, 02:03:52 PM »
like wise , remember extended Blaydon races for intro wam at Newcastle , but seat on side his hard to judge with sound sometimes, I know Ingrid and co loved Newcastle

Blaydon races extended version is indeed fantastic on the Newcastle WAM version....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #383 on: June 18, 2019, 02:20:54 PM »

To be honest the Strat sounds a bit 'flat' at first before the bum notes....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #384 on: June 18, 2019, 02:29:34 PM »

It's a pity the solo is so short this tour; I love that solo. :(
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #385 on: June 18, 2019, 02:30:34 PM »

I don't like the sound of all guitars in this tour. When I left the Barcelona show, the first one, I remember telling to my friends that it was too noisy even for the Strat. I didn't know he was using a kemper at that moment, I was thinking that he was just playing too loud or too processed...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2019, 12:45:24 PM »
DTRW Guitar USB Key

Availability: Out of stock

Edit: back in stock again...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 06:09:49 AM by vr46mk »

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
« Reply #387 on: June 20, 2019, 12:12:08 AM »
As Birmingham was the only concert I was able to attend I'd like to get that when it's up.
Not really very tech savvy and just wondered if anyone can tell me if you can save the flac version to a USB stick so I can play in my car or does it have to be the mp3 version?
Thanks in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction  :thumbsup ;D
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

OfflineMarkus

• Camerado
« Reply #388 on: June 20, 2019, 02:19:38 PM »
I have some shows in the FLAC version saved on a USB stick and can hear them easily in the car.
Markus

MK DTRW Tour : Germany - Mannheim - SAP Arena - 2019-Jul-06

OfflineBarzofarhyme

• Camerado
« Reply #389 on: June 20, 2019, 02:44:08 PM »
 :clap
Thanks Markus. I'll go for the FLAC version then, although when I checked earlier Birmingham still hadn't been made available yet.
All i do is kiss you, through the bars of a rhyme

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 39 queries.