Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings  (Read 161329 times)

Onlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Re: 2019 Tour Official Soundboard Recordings
« Reply #600 on: October 08, 2019, 06:25:56 PM »
Oh man, just catching up on the last few recordings and I have to say that the Chicago recording is spoilt throughout by someone continually screaming/orgasming from start to finish! :o :o

On stage or in the audience? :lol

Glenn and his large instrument again.  ::)
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #601 on: October 09, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »
Oh man, just catching up on the last few recordings and I have to say that the Chicago recording is spoilt throughout by someone continually screaming/orgasming from start to finish! :o :o

On stage or in the audience? :lol

Quite clearly audience - like dmg says it must of been the sight of Glenn's 'large' instrument!!!
I know we all love the master but Pleeeeeeassssse 'knock it off'!!!!

Climax is at the end of SAN!!!! or rather she does!!!!! :o :o

'Oh yes Mark' at the start of LH!!!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 11:27:16 AM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #602 on: October 09, 2019, 12:44:35 PM »
Hahaha i noticed this too during the start of WAM  :lol

Must be the loudest repeated audience screaming from one person?  Since they edited out Mark's failing Aalesund MFN riff, and forgot some voice in one of the early recordings, they should have been able to maybe edit this out too?

Offlinegoon525

• Camerado
« Reply #603 on: October 14, 2019, 06:55:26 PM »
Do we have any idea when the 'best of' collection is going to be made available for qualifying ticket purchasers?

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #604 on: October 14, 2019, 07:21:39 PM »
Do we have any idea when the 'best of' collection is going to be made available for qualifying ticket purchasers?

I read somewhere that it would be released about three weeks after the end of the tour, so any time now I expect!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #605 on: October 14, 2019, 08:31:31 PM »
Surely they can't issue one before all the shows have been released?

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #606 on: October 14, 2019, 09:40:51 PM »
If you ask Guy to choose the best of compilation it's of course the MSG show, since every new show is the best one ever  :lol and he said MSG was better than all previous shows who were warm-ups...

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #607 on: October 15, 2019, 07:32:13 AM »
MSG was truly phenomenal.  Santa Barbara was also absolutely stunning. 
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Offlinecrimmer

• Camerado
  • BLUESY man Chris
« Reply #608 on: October 15, 2019, 08:39:07 AM »
which was your favourite of us tour lis?
SHANGR LA-2 concerts  KTGC-3 concerts 
ATRR- 1 concert GET LUCKY - 3 concerts
2011- 2 concerts PRIVATEERING- 6 concerts
TRACKER 6 concerts
DTRW Barcelona, leeds, Newcastle, RAH x2 ,Manchester, Birmingham,

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #609 on: October 16, 2019, 06:07:34 AM »
Hey crimmer!!!
The US shows I got to see were spectacular!!!  MK was in a great mood, and the band just jelled.  :D
Faves were: Milwaukee, Woodinville 1 and 2, Santa Barbara and New York.  He just kept getting better.  Really. 
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OnlineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
« Reply #610 on: October 16, 2019, 01:19:39 PM »
Hey crimmer!!!
The US shows I got to see were spectacular!!!  MK was in a great mood, and the band just jelled.  :D
Faves were: Milwaukee, Woodinville 1 and 2, Santa Barbara and New York.  He just kept getting better.  Really.

I bought Woodinville 1 and it's awesome 8) also bought MSG!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #611 on: October 16, 2019, 01:38:12 PM »
Hey crimmer!!!

I bought Woodinville 1 and it's awesome 8) also bought MSG!

Valencia is the best one.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #612 on: October 16, 2019, 03:31:25 PM »
Alexander Q: I have been trying to direct attention to that mixing error for months. Also here. I even contacted Richard himself and he said he’ll pass the info on. Now it’s too late and all the mixing done. I guess we’ll have to live with the Lisbon and Madrid Speedway version in which Richard comes in pretty ok in the mix. The truth must be: Mark wants the outro to sound like the current mix. But I still say the overall sound of the downloads is lightyears better that 2015 and 2013.

Guy Fletcher A: No, the truth is the concerts were mixed by someone who never saw the show, a very difficult task for any engineer. I oversaw the early mixes and corrected and guided as best I could from afar, but they were never going to be perfect. They are after all, board mixes. They vary greatly.

My take: Super amateur stuff as usual

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlineknopfler1

• Camerado
« Reply #613 on: October 16, 2019, 03:53:58 PM »
Alexander Q: I have been trying to direct attention to that mixing error for months. Also here. I even contacted Richard himself and he said he’ll pass the info on. Now it’s too late and all the mixing done. I guess we’ll have to live with the Lisbon and Madrid Speedway version in which Richard comes in pretty ok in the mix. The truth must be: Mark wants the outro to sound like the current mix. But I still say the overall sound of the downloads is lightyears better that 2015 and 2013.

Guy Fletcher A: No, the truth is the concerts were mixed by someone who never saw the show, a very difficult task for any engineer. I oversaw the early mixes and corrected and guided as best I could from afar, but they were never going to be perfect. They are after all, board mixes. They vary greatly.

I wonder how much work it would be for Guy to take the tour "Best Of" or even the MSG show and mix it himself...

Surely we would then be able to obtain a better quality product and there would be a better representation of the actual show out there.

The recordings from this tour have been a lot better than the last two, and they are a great keepsake for the diehard fans, but, they are still miles away from the stuff the likes of Springsteen releases via Nugs for example.

Offlinewakeywakey

• Camerado
« Reply #614 on: October 16, 2019, 05:29:48 PM »

I wonder how much work it would be for Guy to take the tour "Best Of" or even the MSG show and mix it himself...

Surely we would then be able to obtain a better quality product and there would be a better representation of the actual show out there.

The recordings from this tour have been a lot better than the last two, and they are a great keepsake for the diehard fans, but, they are still miles away from the stuff the likes of Springsteen releases via Nugs for example.

Unfair comparison as Springsteen and his management oversee wonderful boxsets and employ the best to remaster (very) old shows while Mark and his (nowhere near as good)manager employ the cheapest guys to offer the minimal at the highest price.
It is really sad how MK and his yes men treat his back catalogue and live recordings with such disdain.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 37 queries.