Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Thank yoooouuuuuuuu  (Read 4843 times)

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
Thank yoooouuuuuuuu
« on: November 14, 2018, 12:31:07 PM »
I don't post very often but I'm here every single day, even when it's quiet and there's absolutely nothing going on in the MK world. It means a lot to me that there's a place where the love for MK's music is shared and being discussed. For me the DTRW album is the most exciting one in years and I never expected it to be this good, especially after Tracker and the Tracker tour. I'm quite used to read different opinions over here, most and least favorite tracks, band member discussions, MK management troubles, ticket-sale horror, etc... I think it's great everyone can share their views and it always seemed peaceful at AMIT, we had some trolls maybe over the years but that's part of the internet I guess.

Last week was different. I understand there is a fine line between sharing an opinion and being offensive but for me the party is over. I'm extremely excited for the new record and instead of sharing that excitement, the fun was gone after being here the last couple of days. If you know everything better than MK, then write your own songs, start your own band, produce your own stuff and do it better. If your reaction to that is, 'but I can say whatever I want', you didn't get my point and that's fine too, maybe I wrongly expect this place to be more fun and positive. Sure, you can't like everything the man produces but it's nonsense to criticize every little thing and dislike every minor touch a producer gives to a song. Why would you even be here if your main goal is to prove you would have done everything differently? That's also very easy to say from behind your computer, wait until you released hundreds of songs and then have to come up with something fresh. I'm so glad he still makes records and I keep telling myself he doesn't have to and nobody forces you to listen to it.

Instead being a daily visitor I'm off for a while, I'll gladly return if things are more friendly, positive and fun again. Hope everyone enjoys the release this friday, I can't wait! ;D

xx

Love Expresso

Re: Thank yoooouuuuuuuu
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2018, 12:33:04 PM »
 :thumbsup

LE

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 12:36:37 PM »
 :smack

I'm enjoying every single second of the 10 songs we already know. Very excited about the other 10 yet to come!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 12:37:29 PM »

We've lost another brave soldier today, I don't know if I'll be able to live up until Friday after the two devastating losses. How can you be so cruel? I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:03:04 PM by Dutchessy »

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 12:38:02 PM »
And that's member 2 who has left  :'(  :disbelief
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 12:39:11 PM »

We've lost another brave soldier today, I don't know if I'll be able to live up until Friday after the two devastating losses. How can you be so cruel? I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.

Can you please stop it now? It was maybe a funny thing yesterday, but it's the 2nd member who has left now. Come on, don't act so childish?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:03:12 PM by Dutchessy »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 12:44:58 PM »
Can you please stop it now? It was maybe a funny thing yesterday, but it's the 2nd member who has left now. Come on, don't act so childish?

No, I'm fighting to the end. If somebody doesn't want to be on this forum, he just don't read it, that's it.
You can say — hey, hey, hey, bro, but then why you can't just stop listen to the new album and shut up?

But if for you these two things are completely the same, then I have some very bad news for you.
I love you all and I love the album to a certain extent, but I'm not a big fan of BS, that's all.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:03:20 PM by Dutchessy »

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 12:46:35 PM »
People are really leaving because of you! Do you find that funny? I don't, i think that's a shame.  :disbelief I'm getting really sick of it now.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2018, 12:47:52 PM »
This is gettin ridiculous quizz :disbelief
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2018, 12:49:21 PM »

Using this clip as a "joke" isn't funny whatsoever.  It's extremely disrespectful.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2018, 12:53:33 PM »
People are really leaving because of you! Do you find that funny? I don't, i think that's a shame.  :disbelief I'm getting really sick of it now.

Despite the fact Quizzy is being too sarcastic, I find that he's not the problem, but that some people has too much thin skin and a big incapacity to deal with different and/or negative opinions.

These people are not leaving because big sarcasm but for not being able to accept others can dislike things they like. And it's up to them decide what to do of course.

I don't mind Quizzy sarcastic opinions. Are his opinions, not mine. I can deal with it.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Love Expresso

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2018, 12:58:39 PM »
I don't post very often but I'm here every single day, even when it's quiet and there's absolutely nothing going on in the MK world. It means a lot to me that there's a place where the love for MK's music is shared and being discussed. For me the DTRW album is the most exciting one in years and I never expected it to be this good, especially after Tracker and the Tracker tour. I'm quite used to read different opinions over here, most and least favorite tracks, band member discussions, MK management troubles, ticket-sale horror, etc... I think it's great everyone can share their views and it always seemed peaceful at AMIT, we had some trolls maybe over the years but that's part of the internet I guess.

Last week was different. I understand there is a fine line between sharing an opinion and being offensive but for me the party is over. I'm extremely excited for the new record and instead of sharing that excitement, the fun was gone after being here the last couple of days. If you know everything better than MK, then write your own songs, start your own band, produce your own stuff and do it better. If your reaction to that is, 'but I can say whatever I want', you didn't get my point and that's fine too, maybe I wrongly expect this place to be more fun and positive. Sure, you can't like everything the man produces but it's nonsense to criticize every little thing and dislike every minor touch a producer gives to a song. Why would you even be here if your main goal is to prove you would have done everything differently? That's also very easy to say from behind your computer, wait until you released hundreds of songs and then have to come up with something fresh. I'm so glad he still makes records and I keep telling myself he doesn't have to and nobody forces you to listen to it.

Instead being a daily visitor I'm off for a while, I'll gladly return if things are more friendly, positive and fun again. Hope everyone enjoys the release this friday, I can't wait! ;D

xx

TimeWasWrong, you found a very friendly and uplifting way to say what you had on your chest. I respect you for this a lot, it's not so easy to leave anger behind you.

Everybody needs a break sometimes, and I hope it's just that for you, a break, and not more. MK times are busy right now, who knows how long we are able to enjoy all this fuzz about a new album again.

This forum has become bigger over the years and more and more members have come up. So it's inevitabe that there are people among them who behave like assholes at times. Best way is ignoring it as Pottel said. A forum is a cross-section of society if you like. So there will be a place for everybody!

Come back if you feel like it, however until you do, enjoy the new album and have fun. All the best,

LE

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2018, 12:59:14 PM »
Using this clip as a "joke" isn't funny whatsoever. It's extremely disrespectful.

I'm living in the city where millions of people were killed in the WWII, including my relatives, so probably I know what war is. Do you want to talk about it?

Despite the fact Quizzy is being too sarcastic, I find that he's not the problem, but that some people has too much thin skin and a big incapacity to deal with different and/or negative opinions.

These people are not leaving because big sarcasm but for not being able to accept others can dislike things they like. And it's up to them decide what to do of course.

I don't mind Quizzy sarcastic opinions. Are his opinions, not mine. I can deal with it.

Yes. Guns don't kill people — people kill people. A different opinion is like a bullet, you can actually dodge it if you're fast enough. Or tough enough like jbaent!

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2018, 12:59:59 PM »
I understand, but there is a 'limit' in my opinion. Now he really is overdoing it.

It's a loss that people are leaving amit because of this. How many ACTIVE members do we really have nowadays? Very few compared to years ago... Why is that? It is really a shame.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2018, 01:00:38 PM »
Using this clip as a "joke" isn't funny whatsoever. It's extremely disrespectful.

I'm living in the city where millions of people were killed in the WWII, including my relatives, so probably I know what war is. Do you want to talk about it?

Yes. Guns don't kill people — people kill people. A different opinion is like a bullet, you can actually dodge it if you're fast enough. Or tough enough like jbaent!

Now we’re baxk at WW2. I’m outta here.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 42 queries.