Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: DTRW - One week in....  (Read 23742 times)

OnlineMarkus

• Camerado
Re: DTRW - One week in....
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2018, 07:15:19 PM »
I love Slow Learner

"Slow Learner" is a great song.
Especially if you enjoy it with the headphones.
Markus

MK DTRW Tour : Germany - Mannheim - SAP Arena - 2019-Jul-06

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2018, 07:21:23 PM »
I love Slow Learner

"Slow Learner" is a great song.
Especially if you enjoy it with the headphones.

I listen with headphones a lot, but it still doesn't improve the song!   ;)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OnlineMarkus

• Camerado
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2018, 07:49:20 PM »

Of course, if you do not like the style of the song, high-quality headphones will not help either.
Markus

MK DTRW Tour : Germany - Mannheim - SAP Arena - 2019-Jul-06

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2018, 08:08:51 PM »

Of course, if you do not like the style of the song, high-quality headphones will not help either.

I  have always been of the opinion that if you listen to any song for long enough, no matter how much you dislike it in the beginning, you will always end up liking it, perhaps even more than those you loved most at first!    ;)   
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2019, 12:07:08 PM »
It's now been 7 weeks since we all have had the pleasure of owning this fabulous album and personally it's still being played every day, whether on the car stereo into work, headphones whilst out and about, at home on the stereo or 'spinnin' the vinyl editions! and I still am very much in love with it!
I agree with you Val, in that the more you listen the more you love something you perhaps didn't.
This is very true of 'Just a boy' which I now cannot get enough of.
To be honest all of the songs/tunes ARE no doubt individual masterpieces and I cannot get enough!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #65 on: January 05, 2019, 12:20:05 PM »
I'm still listening, Knopflerfan, every day and loving it more and more - in fact it's neck and neck with my beloved Tracker and, believe me, that's a huge thing for me to admit!    ;)    Some songs have taken a while to sink in -  Just a Boy and Slow Learner, but I always knew it would happen eventually!   :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #66 on: January 05, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »
I'm still listening, Knopflerfan, every day and loving it more and more - in fact it's neck and neck with my beloved Tracker and, believe me, that's a huge thing for me to admit!    ;)    Some songs have taken a while to sink in -  Just a Boy and Slow Learner, but I always knew it would happen eventually!   :)

This album just blows my mind every time I listen!! I just don't skip anything as again to me are all individual masterpieces...
I have to mention the bonus tracks - Don't suck me in and Sky and Water are just absolute golden greats in my books but of course 'One Song' is without doubt 'the ultimate' for me still!

Regards to you both and look forward to seeing you both in 18 weeks time!!!!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #67 on: January 05, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you both too and also dmg!   Can't wait to hear the new music for LH.  :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2019, 12:31:59 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you both too and also dmg!   Can't wait to hear the new music for LH.  :wave

Of course, we just cannot forget dmg!!  :wave
I'm sure the music for LH is going to be 'spine tingly' good!

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2019, 04:39:08 PM »

Of course, we just cannot forget dmg!!  :wave
I'm sure the music for LH is going to be 'spine tingly' good!

See you all soon.  When you say it in weeks it seems sooner somehow!  :wave
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDavidD

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2019, 02:17:59 AM »
I have really invested some quality time for some deep listening to this album. It is a masterful composition! 

As an album, front to back, it verges on the spectacular: the subtle and contrasting instrumentation; the poignant, verging on timeless, vocals; the reflective lyrics of a man with a lifetime of experience; and the flow to the album, well, I love the journey it takes me on.

It's not an album of singles, and I think it does the album a disservice approaching it that way.  Mark Knopfler is one of the greats, and he has taken a good while to craft this album in a specific way.  The thought put behind the arrangement is evident in the tempo, content, tone  and the stylistic variations as we roll down the road from songs one to nineteen. 

I enjoy this album very, very much. And I feel blessed to have this quality of work still being put out by my favourite and most the influential artist. 

After the gorgeous Tracker album, I am thrilled he's outdone himself.  For me, this album is a masterpiece.   

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2019, 04:10:01 PM »
I have really invested some quality time for some deep listening to this album. It is a masterful composition! 

As an album, front to back, it verges on the spectacular: the subtle and contrasting instrumentation; the poignant, verging on timeless, vocals; the reflective lyrics of a man with a lifetime of experience; and the flow to the album, well, I love the journey it takes me on.

It's not an album of singles, and I think it does the album a disservice approaching it that way.  Mark Knopfler is one of the greats, and he has taken a good while to craft this album in a specific way.  The thought put behind the arrangement is evident in the tempo, content, tone  and the stylistic variations as we roll down the road from songs one to nineteen. 

I enjoy this album very, very much. And I feel blessed to have this quality of work still being put out by my favourite and most the influential artist. 

After the gorgeous Tracker album, I am thrilled he's outdone himself.  For me, this album is a masterpiece.   
agree
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.