Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Performance # 22: 2019.04.10, Edinburgh, U.K. - Royal Lyceum Theatre  (Read 10042 times)

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
LOCAL HERO STAGE SHOW [P: 22]

Location:- https://lyceum.org.uk/whats-on/production/local-hero
Clock @ Weather:- https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/uk/edinburgh
TICKETS:- https://lyceum.org.uk/whats-on/box-office/?eventId=48010
Box Office: 0131 248 4848
AMIT members attending:- https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0
Previous Performance:- https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=6621.0
Following Performance:- https://www.amarkintime.org/forum/index.php?topic=6624.0

CAST: [see picture below]

Katrina Bryan - Stella 
Simon Rouse - Happer
Damian Humbley - Mac
Matthew Pidgeon - Gordon
Julian Forsyth - Ben
Adam Pearce - Viktor
Emmanuel Kojo - Reverend Murdo
Scott Ainslie - Ownie
Caroline Deyga - Punk Girl
Helen Logan - Netta
John McLarnon - Iain

Also featuring:- Matthew Malthouse, Suzie McAdam, Joanne McGuinness and Wendy Somerville.

Mark Knopfler songs/tracks:
01)
02)
03)
04)
05)
06)
07)
08)
09)
10)
11)
??)
??)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:37:41 AM by allen »
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: Performance # 22: 2019.04.10, Edinburgh, U.K. - Royal Lyceum Theatre
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 11:48:24 AM »
Looking forward to meeting up with Superval & dmg and listening to some MK created music on this particular evening!
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 01:47:15 PM »
We've both arrived in Edinburgh and looking forward to meeting up with dmg & Mr and Mrs Superval before listening to some Knopfler music later on this evening....

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 12:02:26 AM »
Wow, oh wow!!!! What a fabulous day and then evening! Great production enhanced by most fabulous music from the master... more later...

Oh fantastic to meet up with dmg & The Supervals!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:35:00 PM by Dutchessy »

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 12:36:13 PM »
Fixed the photo (re-sized and turned it)

Awesome pic ;D :lol
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 12:37:26 PM »
What a great picture!

I hope you enjoyed it! Looking forward to read your reviews!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 12:39:04 PM »
First of it was fantastic to meet up with old friends again.  We had a good chat and went for a pre-show meal together with excitement building by this point, even for me (having already seen one of the previews).

Onto the show and apart from the missing song discussed elsewhere, which I honestly wouldn't have noticed, it was barely any different.  The band was revealed early into the show briefly as well as at the end which was new (previews it was only at the end).  The only other differences I could detect were tiny alterations to the script, not the plot but just the wording in some places and the addition of a few more jokes I think.  Maybe it was just the fact I had already seen it but the show appeared to go by quicker.  I didn't time it so maybe it was just my imagination.  Funny that the missing song I didn't notice yet I did notice tiny script alterations!  I suppose that says a lot about how wonderful this show is, even without the great music from Mr K.

Another difference from the previews is that they now have a selected amount of merchandise:

Tote bag
Poster
Programme (improved)

The improved programme has increased in price (as Jbaent already said) from £3.50 to £6.00 but now has an interview with Mark and some nice pictures from one of the preview performances.  Also, they have updated the list of songs! It's altogether a better programme and superior to a tour programme.

Anyway, lovely day with lovely people.  Roll on May!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:16:59 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 12:58:11 PM »
First of it was fantastic to meet up with old friends again.  We had a good chat and went for a pre-show meal together with excitement building by this point, even for me (having already seen one of the previews).

Onto the show and apart from the missing song discussed elsewhere, which I honestly wouldn't have noticed, it was barely any different.  The only differences I could detect were tiny alterations to the script, not the plot but just the wording in some places.  They had also added a few more jokes I think.  Maybe it was just the fact I had already seen it but the show appeared to go by quicker.  I didn't time it so maybe it was just my imagination.  Funny that the missing song I didn't notice yet I did notice tiny script alterations!  I suppose that says a lot about how wonderful this show is, even without the great music from Mr K.

Anyway, lovely day with lovely people and roll on May!

I was about to ask you about the song "I hope you didn't change on me" that it's now out of the show, if you remember about that particular song...

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 01:08:31 PM »

Onto the show and apart from the missing song discussed elsewhere, which I honestly wouldn't have noticed, it was barely any different.  The only differences I could detect were tiny alterations to the script, not the plot but just the wording in some places.  They had also added a few more jokes I think.  Maybe it was just the fact I had already seen it but the show appeared to go by quicker.  I didn't time it so maybe it was just my imagination.  Funny that the missing song I didn't notice yet I did notice tiny script alterations!  I suppose that says a lot about how wonderful this show is, even without the great music from Mr K.

Anyway, lovely day with lovely people and roll on May!

I was about to ask you about the song "I hope you didn't change on me" that it's now out of the show, if you remember about that particular song...

As I said I didn't even notice it's absence!  I was noticing tiny script alterations but didn't spot when the song was removed! 

During the preview at the ceilidh scene the Russian said "it's beautiful here, but you can't eat the scenery."  This obviously led to the song of the same name.  Last night this was changed to "it's nice here, but you can't eat it."  Small alterations like this were made to the script although the actors may well change some of them individually each performance.  :-\

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 01:10:27 PM »
Well what can I say, but what an amazing day was had yesterday...
Firstly meeting up with dmg and then Mr & Mrs Superval which was just brilliant..
A lovely meal at Zuccas (literally next door to the Lyceum) and is highly recommended  ...
The musical itself is epic and will have you fully entertained for the two hours plus. The acting is top notch and the musical numbers are just sublime...they are performed so well. For me the actor playing Gordon made the show for me...Love the two touches of the band being revealed during the production..
All the musical numbers are good but 'Rocks and Water' along with 'Filthy, dirty rich' (Performed with good humour!!) stuck out for me personally...
If you haven't seen it yet, then if you can do go as it really is soooooo good....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2019, 01:20:04 PM »
Firstly meeting up with dmg and then Mr & Mrs Superval which was just brilliant..
A lovely meal at Zuccas (literally next door to the Lyceum) and is highly recommended  ...
The musical itself is epic and will have you fully entertained for the two hours plus. The acting is top notch and the musical numbers are just sublime...they are performed so well. For me the actor playing Gordon made the show for me...Love the two touches of the band being revealed during the production..
All the musical numbers are good but 'Rocks and Water' along with 'Filthy, dirty rich' (Performed with good humour!!) stuck out for me personally...
If you haven't seen it yet, then if you can do go as it really is soooooo good....

Rocks and Water would work well and grace any record.  Filthy Dirty Rich was probably the highlight but is a real musical number and needs the performance to make it.  The talented cast really bring Mark's songs to life - bravo to them!

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 07:03:24 PM »
Just returned home after a fantastic couple of days in Edinburgh.   It was great to meet with dmg and Mr & Mrs Knopflerfan again and to share a meal with them before the show.

What can I say!  It was wonderful and I was so impressed with the energy of the cast and the singing - the band did an exceptional job too!   I loved MKs songs, especially Filthy, Dirty Rich which had me laughing my head off!   Matthew Pidgeon was amazing as Gordon and his antics around and on the table just have to be seen to be believed!   My other favourites were "I Wonder if I Can Go Home Again" "Rocks and Water" and "Big Mac", but honestly they were all great.   "Lone Star State" sung by Viktor was the same song as in the film, which I enjoyed very much too.   

All in all it was a great experience and I can't wait for a cast recording or video, because I want to hear these songs again!  Maybe a visit to The Old Vic might be on the cards!

Thanks to Mr & Mrs Knopflerfan and dmg for making it such an enjoyable time too!   :-*

Thanks for the photo Knopflerfan!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 07:37:05 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2019, 08:19:42 AM »

Rocks and Water would work well and grace any record.  Filthy Dirty Rich was probably the highlight but is a real musical number and needs the performance to make it.  The talented cast really bring Mark's songs to life - bravo to them!

Yes indeed, which begs the question whether an audio release would actually work for those who haven't seen the production?? 'Filthy, Dirty Rich' is an amazing song but you need to see Matthew Pidgeon performing his routine on the table to get the full deal.....On the other hand 'Rocks & Water' would be fine as audio only....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2019, 08:22:58 AM »
Just returned home after a fantastic couple of days in Edinburgh.   It was great to meet with dmg and Mr & Mrs Knopflerfan again and to share a meal with them before the show.

What can I say!  It was wonderful and I was so impressed with the energy of the cast and the singing - the band did an exceptional job too!   I loved MKs songs, especially Filthy, Dirty Rich which had me laughing my head off!   Matthew Pidgeon was amazing as Gordon and his antics around and on the table just have to be seen to be believed!   My other favourites were "I Wonder if I Can Go Home Again" "Rocks and Water" and "Big Mac", but honestly they were all great.   "Lone Star State" sung by Viktor was the same song as in the film, which I enjoyed very much too.   

All in all it was a great experience and I can't wait for a cast recording or video, because I want to hear these songs again!  Maybe a visit to The Old Vic might be on the cards!

Thanks to Mr & Mrs Knopflerfan and dmg for making it such an enjoyable time too!   :-*

Thanks for the photo Knopflerfan!  ;D

Yes indeed, it was lovely to meet up and we will again soon in 36 days time!!!!!!!!

I actually think that Matthew Pidgeon made the musical if you know what I mean, as without his energy it would not have been the same....
His performance of 'FDR' was just amazing!!

Offlinejbaent

• Board Moderator
  • Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 08:44:37 AM »
Yes, he does Gordon so great!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 38 queries.