Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: AMIT TV videos  (Read 3116 times)

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
  • Hi all and welcome to A.M.I.T.
    • AMIT TV
AMIT TV videos
« on: January 11, 2019, 07:51:43 AM »
Update for the few AMITers who don’t mind watching the video clip attempts that I edit. Six have now been completed, and I am just starting on the 7th from D.T.R.W. record. Two others may get a start also, so based on those numbers this is one of my favourite MK records of all time.

All six of the completed ones are on A.M.I.T. TV channel on You-tube (so that means they are now not yet blocked by any of the video copyright holders) but 3 can’t be published due to the record company’s policy. They may allow publication at a later date? They seem more protective of D.T.R.W. than they were for Tracker, so that might be a good sign for sales figures? We were allowed to publish several within 2-3 or 4 months from the release date of tracker, but this time only Non-Album tracks have been allowed.
As far as video company bans go, the version of “My Bacon roll” had to have 31 seconds altered to pass the copyright censor.
See if you can work out what their reason was and the regions in which it will be banned in if published?
Anyone wanting to view the two versions can PM me..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:14:55 AM by shangri la 1 »

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: AMIT TV videos
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 04:09:36 PM »
interesting info! thnx, as always, for your work SL1!
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 12:24:41 AM »
Fantastic videos, keep up the amazing work - it is very much appreciated.. :wave
* Mark Knopfler & Joe Bonamassa - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 01:53:08 AM »
interesting info! thnx, as always, for your work SL1!

Thanks Pottel. I'm gradually working out the complexities of the platform we know as You tube!
When we do new album promo videos or concert tour dates videos I was convinced that they only allowed audio samples of less than 20seconds in length, but I had a couple just over 20 secs recently and they were allowed?
There are still a few inconsistencies with the process, that the various publishing companies employ when 'blocking or outright banning' uploaded content. Like the differing rulings  ??? made with our recent uploads (below).
Ours is not to reason why; Ours is but to do or die. :think 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 02:16:26 AM by shangri la 1 »

Offlineshangri la 1

• Founder
  • Juliet
    • AMIT TV
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 02:14:12 AM »
Fantastic videos, keep up the amazing work - it is very much appreciated.. :wave

Cheers Knopflerfan! You were one of the AMITers I was referring to above.
I think my own fondness (I know many folks really don't like any or hardly any music videos) for music videos came from our (OZ's) relative isolation to the wider music scene through my formative years. It wasn't until "Molly" of the "high roller stetson" variety started his music shows in the early 70's that we saw very  many non-Australian music acts in any decent numbers.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.02 seconds with 36 queries.