Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Suggestion: How about making a setlist prediction game for the tour?  (Read 28594 times)

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
Re: Suggestion: How about making a setlist prediction game for the tour?
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2019, 12:33:57 PM »

Could be a realistic guess? Difficult..

Yes, this is a realisting one.

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2019, 12:37:54 PM »

I just don't see them suddenly shaking everything up completely, although I very much hope so. I see mark as man who only likes a surprise when he's told a surprise is coming. He has proven that in the past. But we'll see how things turn out. Can't wait to see him playing though.
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflineSilvertown

• Lady writer
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2019, 12:44:29 PM »

I just don't see them suddenly shaking everything up completely, although I very much hope so. I see mark as man who only likes a surprise when he's told a surprise is coming. He has proven that in the past. But we'll see how things turn out. Can't wait to see him playing though.

True. I meant that these are songs that Mark could play without worrying.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 01:03:23 PM by Silvertown »

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2019, 12:54:02 PM »

True. I meant that this are songs that Mark could play without worrying.

Completely agree!

OfflinePeter1981

• Camerado
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2019, 02:17:43 PM »
while this may possible be his last big global tour, I'm very quietly & secretly hoping for some old gems in the set (there's quite a lot that can very well blend with the laid-back vibe of his current being and tours) like Wild West End, Lions, Where Do you Think You're Going or possible even Hand in Hand ( was this ever performed live??).
ooooh man, imagine that all of sudden coming out of those PA speakers!

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2019, 03:00:56 PM »
The wildest you dream...
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

hunter

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2019, 05:21:44 PM »
I have a feeling - I may very well be wrong - that things could be quite different this time. Not that Mark will dig out old DS songs and suddenly be a guitar hero again, but I think the Local Hero work has caused the creative juices to flow a bit more than usual. Plus with the bigger band, there's the potential to do something else than the usual.

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2019, 05:35:06 PM »
I have a feeling - I may very well be wrong - that things could be quite different this time. Not that Mark will dig out old DS songs and suddenly be a guitar hero again, but I think the Local Hero work has caused the creative juices to flow a bit more than usual. Plus with the bigger band, there's the potential to do something else than the usual.

Very excited to see the first setlist in Barcelona, as I both want songs played previously to be in the list again and some other ones..

But yea, does not matter what we wish,want/do not want etc... Just keep fingers crossed the setlist is good and to everyones joy with a good mix!

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2019, 08:08:07 AM »
Personally I've now got to the stage in life where I'm not fussed one jot what the master decides to play 'Live' just as long as he does!!!!
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2019, 09:05:33 AM »
Personally I've now got to the stage in life where I'm not fussed one jot what the master decides to play 'Live' just as long as he does!!!!

It feels soooo good if someone for a change realizes what it's really about and how incredibly precious theses evenings will be.

But I fear starting with April 25 we'll just see the usual negativity here (static, autopilot, such a huge back catalogue...)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:15:31 AM by skydiver »

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2019, 09:14:25 AM »

It feels soooo good if someone for a change realizes what it's really about and how incredibly precious theses evenings will be.

But I fear starting with April 25 we'll just see the usual negativity here.

I won't be negative. I get to see 3 shows and I am extremely humble and grateful that I get to see those with some great friends and wonderful people. All MK concerts where I've been too, I never ever will forget. Just that I rather hear Metroland than Marbletown:-) I think the most people think this way: I honestly think everyone here who goes to the gigs realises how special it is and all these memories are just great.

Just my two cents.
Hola

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2019, 09:28:01 AM »
I won't be negative either.  I'm just pleased to see MK and the band play in front of me, whatever they play, especially as this may be the last big tour.    I'm not particularly keen on SFA, but played live it somehow feels like a party with lots of friends!     :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2019, 10:09:18 AM »
I won't be negative either.  I'm just pleased to see MK and the band play in front of me, whatever they play, especially as this may be the last big tour.    I'm not particularly keen on SFA, but played live it somehow feels like a party with lots of friends!     :)

It's the feeling of being together and sharing the same passion and what more do you need! :)

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2019, 11:07:03 AM »

It's the feeling of being together and sharing the same passion and what more do you need! :)

Spot on holaknopfler!!! :wave

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OnlineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2019, 11:08:56 AM »

Agreed superval99, I don't particularly like SFA or even R&J but its got to the point where yes, both when they are both played Live they are 'alive'!!! :wave

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 40 queries.