Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Older MK albums in Vinyl  (Read 4300 times)

Offlinejbanik

• Guitar George
  • i am new on here, be gentle
Older MK albums in Vinyl
« on: March 12, 2019, 01:54:18 AM »
I bought my first turntable last year, and in the process of acquiring MK albums in vinyl. I got last three albums already (DTRW, Tracker, and Privateering). However, I do find it very difficult to get the older albums- espcially Shangrila, STP, and RPD. I couldn't find these albums in the MK store or in Amazon. I do find some used one in Amazon and Discogs... but man, those are way above my budget!

Do you guys know if there's any other way I can collect old MK albums in vinyl, which of course wouldn't cost me a fortune? Also, does MK.com regularly replenish the stocks for these albums in vinyl? If they do that, then I can wait. I have no rush to have them immediately :)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:56:19 AM by jbanik »

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Re: Older MK albums in Vinyl
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 10:20:02 AM »
Stp doesn't exist on lp.

The first one released on lp was ragpickers and was a limited edition out of print. Most of mk LPs are out of print but you will find them in second hand stores at high prices.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 11:24:44 PM »
I bought my first turntable last year, and in the process of acquiring MK albums in vinyl. I got last three albums already (DTRW, Tracker, and Privateering). However, I do find it very difficult to get the older albums- espcially Shangrila, STP, and RPD. I couldn't find these albums in the MK store or in Amazon. I do find some used one in Amazon and Discogs... but man, those are way above my budget!

Do you guys know if there's any other way I can collect old MK albums in vinyl, which of course wouldn't cost me a fortune? Also, does MK.com regularly replenish the stocks for these albums in vinyl? If they do that, then I can wait. I have no rush to have them immediately :)

My dog got into my albums, did about 2K of damage to older stuff.

Kill to Get Crimson was the only Mark Knopfler album that got damaged, Disc one has a few surface scratches, but plays OK. Disk two was not damaged.
You can have it for the cost of the shipping from Ottawa Canada. Lucky for me I have a second copy.

I have a friend that has a copy of Shangrila that he wants to sell, PM me a offer and I will pass it onto him.

Brian

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:29:02 PM by BrianT »
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 10:38:10 AM »
Ragpickers, Shangrila and All the roadrunning are the most difficult lp's to find as they are all out of print, and the most expensive ones, they usually reach prices over 200 dollars...

All the rest are available in amazon, except GH and STP that doesn't exist on lp.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbanik

• Guitar George
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 06:29:55 PM »
Brian, I am so sorry. I completely forgot to check this thread. I suddenly recalled this thread couple of days ago, and I sent you a message. Could you please let me know if you have received it, and what's your response?

Thank you very much for your gracious offer. I am looking forward to your response.

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 11:28:43 PM »
Brian, I am so sorry. I completely forgot to check this thread. I suddenly recalled this thread couple of days ago, and I sent you a message. Could you please let me know if you have received it, and what's your response?

Thank you very much for your gracious offer. I am looking forward to your response.

I have a friend with Shangrila, he is looking for $200.00 usd

Here is a copy of the Email I sent you.

Sorry to tell you, after bothering back from you, after a month I gave it to another person.

Brian
Ottawa, Canada.
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

OfflineKlaus74

• Camerado
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 06:28:47 PM »
There are two 7-Inch singles from the Sailing to philadelphia-Ära. Released in the US through Warner Bros.-Records. First: What it is and second: The last laugh. No picture cover, white sleeves only. I have the second single in my collection. Crazy, because of the existence of that two single-records, but no LP-Album release of Sailing to Philadelphia.  :think
We are fools to make war

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2021, 03:50:46 AM »
If you want something really special try tracking down the Bootleg vinyl Live in Rotterdam. It's a terrific sounding double record, featuring some of the rarer ones (Eastbound / What's The Matter..) with Mark still in his 'wild mode' playing days (as witnessed on the Arena doc).
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 36 queries.