Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: George Busker plays down the Telegraph Road (acoustic cover)  (Read 3525 times)

Offlinejorcx

• Guitar George
  • Check out, Guitar George ;-)
George Busker plays down the Telegraph Road (acoustic cover)
« on: April 16, 2019, 04:21:47 PM »
Dear telegraph roadies:
I have always enjoyed playing and singing this masterpiece in a very bare manner, because the lyrics and melody are so powerful from a singer-songwriter point of view (and besides I don’t have a band to follow me along...). I hope you enjoy this revision of the classic “Telegraph Road”, and wishing we can enjoy the real treat once again on this coming tour. More cover songs on the way hopefully, best regards ;-)

Landr Page: https://artist.landr.com/music/628810303861
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/47q0wulBjeIvYzejDs7xBI
Apple Music: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/telegraph-road-acoustic-single/1459895342?uo=4

Youtube:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 11:15:04 PM by jorcx »

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: George Busker plays down the Telegraph Road (acoustic cover)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 09:53:04 PM »
It's strange to see a very mild interest towards this cover. Maybe because it's not video... Play this song on camera and it will work better.

I can explain my interest though, because it's rare when people tackle difficult songs and make it "work" in the one man band situation.

Offlinejorcx

• Guitar George
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 11:30:53 PM »
It's strange to see a very mild interest towards this cover. Maybe because it's not video... Play this song on camera and it will work better.

I can explain my interest though, because it's rare when people tackle difficult songs and make it "work" in the one man band situation.

Thanks for your interest in my modest cover of this great song, Pavel. I have no actual video of this recording as it is (to be honest it took about three or four takes to make it work) but I’ve played it live like this on many occasions in my life. Maybe I’ll make a videoclip, but for now I refrain to the comfort of my home studio editing. I have some other covers I’d like to share but I guess they will not be as interesting, this one is really the crown jewel... The other covers I also tried to strip to the bare bones but none other I dared to play in solo acoustic mode, because I felt they needed two guitars at the minimum in order to include some of the iconic guitar solos which are part of those songs... best regards and let’s keep rollin’ ;-)
Jordi

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 08:05:17 AM »
I didn't expect to like this version of TR, but I did and I enjoyed it very much.   I also stumbled upon another of my favourites, "Everybody Pays" and enjoyed your interpretation of that too!   Thanks!    :)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 09:30:49 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejorcx

• Guitar George
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 10:20:26 AM »
I didn't expect to like this version of TR, but I did and I enjoyed it very much.   I also stumbled upon another of my favourites, "Everybody Pays" and enjoyed your interpretation of that too!   Thanks!    :)

My sincere thanks, I’m glad you liked it too... oh that video was some years ago, I think I may have another go at “Everybody Pays” becuase it’s still one of my favourite MK songs also ;-)

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 10:52:13 AM »
Great cover! Makes me want to try and play that song alone.  It reminds me of a cover that a group had made of Echoes from Pink Floyd. They had stripped it down to an accoustic guitar and a voice and maybe one or two other instruments. Echoes is originally 23 minutes long, the cover was 5 minutes long and worked very well. 

Offlinejorcx

• Guitar George
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 10:58:47 AM »
Great cover! Makes me want to try and play that song alone.  It reminds me of a cover that a group had made of Echoes from Pink Floyd. They had stripped it down to an accoustic guitar and a voice and maybe one or two other instruments. Echoes is originally 23 minutes long, the cover was 5 minutes long and worked very well.

Many thanks Pierre, I will look for the Echoes acoustic version, sounds very inspiring! I'm very interested in the one-man band concept indeed ;-)

OfflinePierre

• Camerado
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 02:59:26 PM »
I'll try and find it for you.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.032 seconds with 36 queries.