Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #36 DTRW TOUR - June 23 2019 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam, Netherlands #SPOILER#  (Read 20581 times)

OfflineSolid Rock

• Camerado
  • Get lucky, down the road wherver.
Some nice Pro pics from the official Ziggo Dome Social accounts from this wonderful evening!

BIA was stunning also MFN

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
Some really great photos there :thumbsup
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
You wouldn't think they'd need much practice to play SFA.  Perhaps it isn't forthcoming and they've decided against it.

I was listening to the On the Night version of YLT a couple of days ago and it highlighted just how slow the song is now being played.  Personally I wouldn't mind if it replaced that.

the SFA info came from Ingrid so it's 100% reliable, but I guess they have decided against it yes
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinewespresso

• Camerado
  • Stick at it..
What an amazing evening. And what a phenomenal band. I love the additions of percussion and the brass section.

I hope this is not the last time I will see him live.

OfflineFez

• Guitar George
This was a great performance. Mark was funny, witty and his guitar playing was phenomenal.

OnlineVesper

• Lady writer
"my" MFN....

He, I'm right in front of you!

Fantastic show indeed, great mood, great playing, great band and great atmosphere from the audience!

Offlinepitx

• Local Hero
http://guyfletcher.co.uk/23rd-june-2019-amsterdam/
We were working on some new horn arrangements for a tune we haven’t played yet and Tom Walsh mentioned to me that he has a ‘saved search’ on eBay for his Trumpet mutes.

OfflineDutchMark

• Guitar George

left with glasses or right?

OfflineTheTimeWasWrong

• Camerado
What a great and lovely way to end a tradition of visiting MK concerts! We had seats all the way in the back (thanks to his crappy ‘fair’ website and unresponding management) but the sound was great. MK obviously struggling on guitar, not a lot of wrong notes but just lots of unfinished sentences. As a long-time guitarist it’s never easy to see your hero struggling. MK in great mood, very chatty!

MK needed to warm up a bit, his voice and fingers were not in great shape during WAM but the magic started to come with Corned Beef and I thought Sailing was really magical, I couldn’t hold back the tears knowing this was probably the last time I would hear that unique Strat + fingers sound. The middle part of the show was a bit too slow although the audience was great, lots of young people as well! MK was struggling with the OES outro but SAN was powerful. The show really needs Telegraph, it needs a killer song to unleash those mad guitar skills, SAN alone won’t do it. To be honest I don’t understand the removal of TR after seeing recordings of it from the beginning of the tour, it sounded great, right? MFN and BIA with original intros were stunning and GH with the Les Paul was lovely. I prefer the Strat for this song but that doesn’t work playing the melody with the brass section in unison.

I’ve seen every MK tour except the one in 1996 and this is absolutely the best band anyone can get. Stunning dynamics. Ianto and Jim stars of the show. Great work by the lights and PA folks as well.

Biggest disappointment: the Kemper. It’s nowhere near real amps (in a big way). The fact that 99% of the audience don’t notice is not a valid argument, it’s just not good enough. Its breath and response is so much different from real amps, the warmth of it is not enough to cover it’s lack of real hardware. With all available resources and 40 years of praise with killer amps, it’s beyond my understanding why he made the switch, he must hear it as well.

Highlights: CBC (surprisingly), STP, SAN, MFN, BIA (best I’ve ever heard), GH
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 07:55:21 PM by TheTimeWasWrong »

Offlineskydiver

• Camerado
the Kemper. It’s nowhere near real amps (in a big way). The fact that 99% of the audience don’t notice is not a valid argument, it’s just not good enough. It’s breath and response is so much different from real amps, the warmth of it is not enough to cover it’s lack of real hardware. With all available resources and 40 years of praise with killer amps, it’s beyond my mind why he made the switch, he must hear it as well.

Thanks for writing this.
I have the same impression regarding the Kemper sound. Just not as warm and natural as the real thing we were used to.
But then again we are spoilt by very good sound over the years…
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 10:31:39 AM by skydiver »

OnlineVesper

• Lady writer

Right. Left is my dad

Offlinekaleo74

• Camerado
http://guyfletcher.co.uk/23rd-june-2019-amsterdam/
We were working on some new horn arrangements for a tune we haven’t played yet and Tom Walsh mentioned to me that he has a ‘saved search’ on eBay for his Trumpet mutes.

Yeah, noticed that sentence too, but I don't want to be desapointed when they'll play "So far away" because they've rehearsal it and it's very likely that it will  it.

It's not like I was dreaming of "Ride across the river" for exemple  ;D
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms

Right. Left is my dad

I was right behind Dutchmark ;)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

OfflineMarnix

• Camerado
Already a year ago this terrific gig. Time really flies!!
Good day to play the official recording  ;D

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 37 queries.