Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #38 DTRW TOUR - June 26 2019 - O2 Arena, Prague, Czech Republic #SPOILER#  (Read 13838 times)

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
I like both Mark and Richards playing on this, really good! Brass should have been left out but when its the final encore they need to be there so..

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Plus for mixing things up.

Minus for choice of played-to-death uninteresting songs.

What gives.

He's been struggling with Going Home, hence the switch to the most unsuitable Les Paul.  Still struggling and looking ahead to the rest of the tour he's decided to stop playing it.  SFA has been used in recent times to end the show.

I agree though, it isn't exactly thinking outside the box.  It's typical of Mark to take the safe option, one they could play in their sleep.   ::)

Seriously though GH has not been well played, it has sounded bad on the LP and has been very slow this tour.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 10:22:45 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
Thats not true imo DMG, GH sounds very cool each show. No struggles noticed at all. They are just changing.
Proud member of the AMIT crew

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado
Thats not true imo DMG, GH sounds very cool each show. No struggles noticed at all. They are just changing.
I agree. Haven’t seen any struggling. Guess they are just varying.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I was like you dmg, in that I was sad to see the LP being used for GH, but after listening to the majority of the concerts of this tour I've warmed literally to the sound and dimension the LP has given to this beautiful tune. I still prefer the Strat obviously and I'm sure he wasn't struggling playing it either to be honest..
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineMillionaire Blues

• Camerado
Going home has been stunning this tour...interplay between mk and graeme is best I've ever witnessed..

Offlinedustyvalentino

• Not Quite The Movie Star
  • Founder
  • THE Sultan of Swing
So all you set list junkies have another tune to add to your spreadsheet.

Thousands of people get to experience a substandard finale.

Bravo. :)
"You can't polish a doo-doo" - Mark Knopfler

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
Going home has been stunning this tour...interplay between mk and graeme is best I've ever witnessed..

Really?  Something I have noticed this tour is the lack of chemistry between Mark and Graeme compared to last tour with Nigel when they always shared a few smiles.

Mark has needed to take a break half-way through GH since 2002(?) so in reality it's probably been a strain since then.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler

Really?  Something I have noticed this tour is the lack of chemistry between Mark and Graeme compared to last tour with Nigel when they always shared a few smiles.

Mark has needed to take a break half-way through GH since 2002(?) so in reality it's probably been a strain since then.

I loved Nigel playing GH in 2015 and especially at the Manchester concert.   Graeme is a great sax player too, but I prefer Nigel - he has much more personality and rapport with MK.
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflineJarle

• Lady writer

What gives.

He's been struggling with Going Home, hence the switch to the most unsuitable Les Paul.  Still struggling and looking ahead to the rest of the tour he's decided to stop playing it.  SFA has been used in recent times to end the show.

I agree though, it isn't exactly thinking outside the box.  It's typical of Mark to take the safe option, one they could play in their sleep.   ::)

Seriously though GH has not been well played, it has sounded bad on the LP and has been very slow this tour.

You have a thing for speed, don´t you :) Nothing wrong with that, though - it´s taste.
It's the end of a perfect day..,.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler

What gives.

You have a thing for speed, don´t you :) Nothing wrong with that, though - it´s taste.

:lol

Well, not really; I would just like it played at the correct speed.  It is noticeably slower than the album version. :)

OfflineMossguitar

• Camerado

Needed? No, it’s just closer to the studio version, which has the same «break».

OfflineDave

• Guitar George
I have just watched the SFA video. I noticed a little brassies mistake at 1:39. They start to repeat the theme as Mark continues singing. Not that I care for mistakes but I like the relaxed « oops » face expression when they realised.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms

I loved Nigel playing GH in 2015 and especially at the Manchester concert.   Graeme is a great sax player too, but I prefer Nigel - he has much more personality and rapport with MK.

Indeed Nigel had the Chemistry....
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinemschaap

• Camerado
Must say I’m quite impressed with Graeme’s playing. Indeed, his stage attitude is a bit more reserved and he seems a bit less connected with band and audience but in the end it is all about the music and what he plays is really very good if you ask me. For instance, the exchange of soli with Mark en John in STP is absolutely fantastic. Nigel is a great sax player but added significantly less to a MK concert when he was around compared to Graeme now. I remember many half-baked uninspired solos on IUTC and I never heard one good solo (start to finish) on OES. Concerning OES the same goes for Graeme sadly, I don’t understand why the guys in band don’t tell him (and Nigel in the past) to stop aiming for those long ear-hurting high notes on the soprano.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 12:15:22 AM by mschaap »

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 38 queries.