Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: James Taylor feat MK -"Diamond Joe", from StP sessions?  (Read 2044 times)

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
James Taylor feat MK -"Diamond Joe", from StP sessions?
« on: July 05, 2019, 07:55:13 PM »
Hi

I have discovered this version and can't stop listening. I love the organ and the overall feel. I read that the song is actually is from the StP sessions? Which means it is Jim Cox on organ?

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
Re: James Taylor feat MK -"Diamond Joe", from StP sessions?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 12:31:37 AM »
Ta Da
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 12:33:49 AM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineElin N

• Camerado
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 10:29:15 AM »
Thank you!  :D And I was right, it was Jim. I was not sure, for me the soundscape of the song is more "clean", or "simple" than MKs songs often are.

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 11:06:40 AM »
Seems to be basically a song from the M Knopfler band of the time of the STP sessions, produced by the same team and recorded at the same studios too!  Only difference is the song wasn't written by, or had vocals from Mark.

Nice tune but I was expecting a little solo from Mark at one point;  all these lyrics in one go is a bit too much.  There wasn't really any Knopfler stamp on it.
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 10:09:42 AM »
Seems to be basically a song from the M Knopfler band of the time of the STP sessions, produced by the same team and recorded at the same studios too!  Only difference is the song wasn't written by, or had vocals from Mark.

Nice tune but I was expecting a little solo from Mark at one point;  all these lyrics in one go is a bit too much.  There wasn't really any Knopfler stamp on it.

I recall that after STP came out, or during the same period if time, it was said MK was producing James Taylor next record. When they played together at Boston in 2001 the song "Raised up family" which was a new one by Taylor, it was thought that it might be one of the songs of the record MK was producing to Taylor.

But then came out "October road" finally, in 2002, with that song in the track list, but nothing related to Knopfler there except "Sailing to Philadelphia" that was included only in the limited edition of the record.

Now, with the picture posted by Knopflerfan of the credits of the deluxe version of "Before this world" we know that actually MK wasn't producing a record for James Taylor but just two songs, recorded in the same sessions where they cut STP song, and finally that two songs saw the light of day!

Actually I wish they had made that record together but, two songs are better than none!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.025 seconds with 38 queries.