Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: The Breaking News Thread  (Read 86264 times)

OfflineAdz

• Local Hero
Re: The Breaking News Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2019, 10:54:19 PM »
I have had this feeling the whole week... that when the US tour starts, we will se TR + BIA standard in the set!!  :'(

Good for the people attending these shows, worse for us who have attended already, hoped for BIA and got PTTE... TR i realised early it would not feature after the spanish shows... but something tells me it will in the US.  :thumbsdown

That's just guesswork and intentionally negative thinking. It's based on absolutely nothing.

I think he's done with his TR and BIA. Personally, I think Mark has been reflecting on the work he has done, and is maybe regretting not playing more of his other work over the years. Not regretting in a bad way, but just maybe realising how much good work he has written, and could have played more of it live. I mean, who would have thought he would have played WUATITW on this tour?

hunter

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2019, 08:24:49 AM »
Personally I think one reason for adding Once Upon a Time is, maybe, to compensate for the removal of Sultans. They know the fans crave some of the early goldies. Not only is it a very cool song, but it is a lot easier to play than Sultans. And Sultans had really gotten long in the tooth by now. Good choice to get rid of it.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2019, 08:28:58 AM »
Or he simply felt like playing it, for like, whatever reason?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy 9+ via tapatalk

any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

hunter

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2019, 09:30:04 AM »
Or he simply felt like playing it, for like, whatever reason?

Don't spoil the fun for us conspiracy theorists!  ;D

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2019, 09:51:50 AM »
As I've said before, what worries me is that Mark is not the least bit sentimental when it comes to his music career. He doesn't look back and once he's made a choice that's it's. So it's quite possibly the case that the decision to quit touring has already been made.

Once you change the outcome of the creative process who knows what the effect will be. Maybe MK won't be as driven to write and record....

I hope I'm wrong of course...

hunter

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2019, 10:03:43 AM »
Touring-wise he has experienced it all. Played for huge crowds in some of the world's most legendary and amazing venues. So what more is there to experience for him, except more of the same? After a break, I guess he is eager for the buzz of playing live again, but after a few shows, Mark the Professional kicks in. I'm not saying he doesn't have a good time, but it must become another day at the office after a while.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2019, 10:11:15 AM »
As I've said before, what worries me is that Mark is not the least bit sentimental when it comes to his music career. He doesn't look back and once he's made a choice that's it's. So it's quite possibly the case that the decision to quit touring has already been made.

Once you change the outcome of the creative process who knows what the effect will be. Maybe MK won't be as driven to write and record....

Surely you are

Onlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2019, 10:14:12 AM »

I hope you're wrong too!  I understand why MK has said he will stop touring - particularly with his present physical condition, but I'm sure he won't retire from being a musician.    He will always want to write songs, play and record them as long as he is able.  Anyway, I'm pretty certain he has a big stack of unreleased material to keep us happy for many years!    :)
Goin' into Tow Law....

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2019, 10:26:50 AM »

I hope you're wrong too!  I understand why MK has said he will stop touring - particularly with his present physical condition, but I'm sure he won't retire from being a musician.    He will always want to write songs, play and record them as long as he is able.  Anyway, I'm pretty certain he has a big stack of unreleased material to keep us happy for many years!    :)
Anyways, back to topic, breaking news, anyone got any?

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2019, 12:58:44 PM »

My computer’s knackered and I’m reduced to an iPad Mini for the forum.  I should get it back tomorrow or Friday.   ;D
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offline2manyguitars

• Lady writer
  • What is life without music......
    • Here some occasionally resonable music..
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2019, 09:17:09 PM »

My computer’s knackered and I’m reduced to an iPad Mini for the forum.  I should get it back tomorrow or Friday.   ;D

I think that's the most vital bit of breaking news on this thread so far

;D

Offlinedannr1

• Camerado
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2019, 10:29:07 PM »
Personally I think one reason for adding Once Upon a Time is, maybe, to compensate for the removal of Sultans. They know the fans crave some of the early goldies. Not only is it a very cool song, but it is a lot easier to play than Sultans. And Sultans had really gotten long in the tooth by now. Good choice to get rid of it.
Good choice to get rid of Sultans..that song defines the start of Marks career, a true milestone which is always a pleasure to hear live regardless. My opinion

hunter

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2019, 09:40:15 AM »
Good choice to get rid of Sultans..that song defines the start of Marks career, a true milestone which is always a pleasure to hear live regardless. My opinion

I understand what you're saying, but he has not done this song justice during the last couple of tours. Half-hearted attempt, played more out of duty than out of inspiration, messy solos, etc. Yes, good riddance.

Offlineallen

• A Mark in Time
  • Founder
  • Romeo
  • La KnopflerTK
    • A Mark in Time
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »

New guitar yesterday in Boston.Pensa Tele Custom. Another gift from his friend Rudy Pensa a couple of days ago in New York. Also a nice marketing strategy.
My idea of heaven is a place where the Tyne meets the Delta, where folk music meets the blues.

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2019, 01:06:21 PM »
Sweet guitar!!!!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 45 queries.