Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: MK not signing guitars anymore  (Read 4209 times)

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
MK not signing guitars anymore
« on: July 09, 2019, 06:15:27 PM »
BAH  :smack

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
Re: MK not signing guitars anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:34:02 PM »
Mark is a slow learner indeed, because items with his signature, fake or otherwise, has been floating around eBay since dinosaurs.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:39:21 PM »
And, to be honest, he should be cautious singing cheap guitars, because no one in his right mind is going to give Mark Knopfler a $100 guitar to sign. You have to have negative IQ score to do that. I understand taking his Signature Martin Ragpicker to... scribe another signature on it, but you kind of need to feel whether you sign things for a genuine fan or for an idiot. Luckily, I've never had a privilege of asking Mark to sign something.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlinediremark86

• Camerado
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 01:16:58 AM »
This is truly heart breaking.... I understand Mark's frustration, I truly do. But to reach the fans, this will occasionally happen. I agree with the don't sign cheap guitars policy. I think that would weed out more than 90% of this. Chances are extremely high that if someone has an expensive, and rare guitar, they are getting it signed for themselves...

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 10:57:07 AM »
From Guys 'Mannheim' diary

"In Germany, there are always a few autograph hunters who are prepared to wait for our arrival, whatever the weather. We now drive on by and Saint Peter goes out to collect albums, and posters etc. for Mark to sign in the dressing room. We have certain rules, only one item each and no scratch-plates OR guitars now. (more about that tomorrow) Too many end up on ebay, the hardcore spoiling it for the genuine."

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 01:34:14 PM »
This is truly heart breaking.... I understand Mark's frustration, I truly do. But to reach the fans, this will occasionally happen. I agree with the don't sign cheap guitars policy. I think that would weed out more than 90% of this. Chances are extremely high that if someone has an expensive, and rare guitar, they are getting it signed for themselves...

So his fans who cannot afford (or do not wish to fork out the money for) the "real deal" guitars lose out then?   :o

imo it's absurd really, because of some idiots selling on ebay you spoil it for 100% of the genuine fans ?

it's even worse than the 'ruined' song for all the fans attending a concert because he has to be the security guard during the concert
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 01:37:10 PM by PensaGhost »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 02:01:55 PM »

So his fans who cannot afford (or do not wish to fork out the money for) the "real deal" guitars lose out then?   :o

imo it's absurd really, because of some idiots selling on ebay you spoil it for 100% of the genuine fans ?

it's even worse than the 'ruined' song for all the fans attending a concert because he has to be the security guard during the concert

Well, there's another point (pun intended).  He's got a real bee in his bonnet over this IMO and it's becoming a regular issue for him at every show now.  Really bugs me. 

He even changed the lyrics of R&J recently to "shining up at people like that" after he had rudely pointed at someone again.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 02:04:39 PM by dmg »
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 10:59:50 PM »
Another person wanting so much for so little - a Rockwood (Hohner) Les Paul copy that's worth at most £100 up for sale for £3,500.00p!!!!!!
MK even played this backstage - yeah right!! :disbelief

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123821231869
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:04:34 PM by Knopflerfan »

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 11:39:31 PM »
By the way, could it be the answer to the France white van airport accident?

OfflinePondlive

• Local Hero
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 11:49:51 PM »
Hi,
I am attending the show in Nimes tomorrow.
I would very much like to try and get my cd cover signed. Does anyone know what entrance and what time the band is likely to arrive at the arena?
Many thanks,

Pondy
Some days you're the windshield, some days you're the bug!

OnlineKris-b

• Lady writer
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 11:55:19 PM »
Hi,
I am attending the show in Nimes tomorrow.
I would very much like to try and get my cd cover signed. Does anyone know what entrance and what time the band is likely to arrive at the arena?
Many thanks,

Pondy

I was lucky 4 hours before the show started. I don‘t know the venue in Nimes, but look where the tour trucks and buses are, the group is likely to arrive there.

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov

OfflineBrianT

• Camerado
Devialet 440PRO - Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable,
VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, Raysonic 168 CDP, Mac Mini Music Server,
AudioQuest Diamond USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Auditorium 23 Cables, Carver TX11 Tuner.

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2019, 02:45:07 PM »
so because there's a 1-5% of idiots, the other genuine 95-99% should be discriminated ?

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 38 queries.