Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: BROTHERS IN BAND are over  (Read 7915 times)

Onlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
BROTHERS IN BAND are over
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:17:53 PM »
For all of you who know and attended any concert of this Spanish tribute band, BROTHERS IN BAND are over.

This band was formed by Oscar Rosende around 2007, a true fan and a genuine great person. Since then he's been working very hard to get the best tribute band possible and he did it. He only managed not only touring all Spain with sold outs in venues with more than 1000 capacity but also to play in Paris, Portugal, Germany and other countries with a great success for a Spanish band.

Yesterday, Oscar Rosende sent a "communiqué" telling that he quits the band, and he was very polite about the reasons why he does it.

The truth is that he quits the band because the rest of members forced him to quit, because their interest with the band is not to play a good tribute to Dire Straits but to make money with it, as much as they can. Oscar Rosende didn't formed the band for that, but to play tribute to his hero. The rest of the band members ARE NOT FANS of DS nor MK. Rosende had to left his band, the one he created when he realised that.

Oscar Rosende will continue playing with a new band, and since he leaves "Brothers In Band", the band is over.

Actually, the remaining members that forced Oscar to leave are going to continue with the band, because of the success that Oscar managed to achieve with his hard work and passion, they think that using the band name and the concept will help them to keep making money. The remaining members hired Angelo Fumarola   (another tribute band using an Italian singer and guitar player...) to take Oscar's shoes.

Be aware if you see that "Brothers in band" are playing Germany or another country. They are not that band anymore. The band was Oscar Rosende, the person who created the band and worked hard to play tribute to DS and MK. They are another band that doesn't give a damn about DS nor MK, they only care about the money.

Don't be cheated by them.

I don't have anything against Fumarola. I don't know him, but he's just a hired gun being used by the remaining members to get the more money the better from the legacy of a band, DS, that they aren't fans at all. I'm very sorry by him. He's being used, and I'm sure he will notice as soon as he starts playing with them, specially if Fumarola is a fan, and he sees that his new band mates only care about the money, and doesn't care about DS or MK music at all.

Brothers in Band are over, no matter if they keep playing (ab)using the name.

Oscar Rosende will create another project to keep the legacy of his musical heroes, DS, alive, so don't be cheated by the fakers, and stay tuned for the honest tribute that Oscar will start soon.

You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineJF

• Rüdiger
  • Site : Textes, Blog & Rock'N'Roll
    • Blog about music
Re: BROTHERS IN BAND are over
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 12:29:19 AM »
I'm not really into the tribute thing, so I must admit that this subject doesn't bother me that much, but I believe that Angelo is a very huge fan of Mark's work, and he was the leader of the tribute band "rocking fingers" if memory serves.
So I don't think that he deserves this animosity against him. I don't know him personaly, neither Oscar, bu why always compare people ?
It's not because a nice person is gone to others projects than the new one has to been so badly considerated
give him a chance ! he's a maybe a huger fan than all of us !

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 12:40:39 AM »
The problem is not Angelo. He's fine. The problem are the remaining members.

BIB was Oscar's band. He founded the band. And now the rest of members steal the band to the founder and put another fan in the place of the founder... And they don't do it for the love of the ds music, just for the money. They don't care at all about DS music except like a way to do easy money taking profit of the passion that Oscar put in the tribute. A genuine passion and a humble tribute.

The remaining of the band are just money for nothing.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 12:46:27 AM »
The problem is not Angelo. He's fine. The problem are the remaining members.

BIB was Oscar's band. He founded the band. And now the rest of members steal the band to the founder and put another fan in the place of the founder... And they don't do it for the love of the ds music, just for the money. They don't care at all about DS music except like a way to do easy money taking profit of the passion that Oscar put in the tribute. A genuine passion and a humble tribute.

The remaining of the band are just money for nothing.

It's quite impressive how dramatic things can get considering they perform someone else's music. That's why I never wanted to be a musician, let alone creating a tribute band (which I obviously can do), because rivalry and business side of this thing never interested me personally. Props to these guys they actually made it to the stage, because my projects were dead before any stage because of this rivalry/money BS.

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 03:12:31 AM »
Thanks, Julio, for the info. 

I am sad to hear this because Oscar has shown so much dedication, devotion...

I am not a tribute band kind of girl, but I would have made an exception for Brothers in Band. 
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

OfflineFletch

• Romeo
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 07:28:41 AM »
Is this the same guy who recorded a 'complete' version of the Making Movies song? I've always thought this piece of work is an outstanding accomplishment, possibly the best 'tribute' to MK/DS ever done.
Hey, i`ve got a truffle dog - finally a song the ordinary man can relate too!

Love Expresso

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 08:35:01 AM »
For all of you who know and attended any concert of this Spanish tribute band, BROTHERS IN BAND are over.

This band was formed by Oscar Rosende around 2007, a true fan and a genuine great person. Since then he's been working very hard to get the best tribute band possible and he did it. He only managed not only touring all Spain with sold outs in venues with more than 1000 capacity but also to play in Paris, Portugal, Germany and other countries with a great success for a Spanish band.

Yesterday, Oscar Rosende sent a "communiqué" telling that he quits the band, and he was very polite about the reasons why he does it.

The truth is that he quits the band because the rest of members forced him to quit, because their interest with the band is not to play a good tribute to Dire Straits but to make money with it, as much as they can. Oscar Rosende didn't formed the band for that, but to play tribute to his hero. The rest of the band members ARE NOT FANS of DS nor MK. Rosende had to left his band, the one he created when he realised that.

Oscar Rosende will continue playing with a new band, and since he leaves "Brothers In Band", the band is over.

Actually, the remaining members that forced Oscar to leave are going to continue with the band, because of the success that Oscar managed to achieve with his hard work and passion, they think that using the band name and the concept will help them to keep making money. The remaining members hired Angelo Fumarola   (another tribute band using an Italian singer and guitar player...) to take Oscar's shoes.

Be aware if you see that "Brothers in band" are playing Germany or another country. They are not that band anymore. The band was Oscar Rosende, the person who created the band and worked hard to play tribute to DS and MK. They are another band that doesn't give a damn about DS nor MK, they only care about the money.

Don't be cheated by them.

I don't have anything against Fumarola. I don't know him, but he's just a hired gun being used by the remaining members to get the more money the better from the legacy of a band, DS, that they aren't fans at all. I'm very sorry by him. He's being used, and I'm sure he will notice as soon as he starts playing with them, specially if Fumarola is a fan, and he sees that his new band mates only care about the money, and doesn't care about DS or MK music at all.

Brothers in Band are over, no matter if they keep playing (ab)using the name.

Oscar Rosende will create another project to keep the legacy of his musical heroes, DS, alive, so don't be cheated by the fakers, and stay tuned for the honest tribute that Oscar will start soon.

It's a pretty biased position you have here, isn't it? I guess it's all tribute and cover band daily routine shit I never give anything about. In every band members come and go, it's nothing special. Just ignore this whole crap. I always thought what has Mark done to deserve that he almost always is covered by people with a very strong Spanish/Italian/whatever accent...

LE

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 09:35:51 AM »
Is this the same guy who recorded a 'complete' version of the Making Movies song? I've always thought this piece of work is an outstanding accomplishment, possibly the best 'tribute' to MK/DS ever done.

No, it's a different person.

Onlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 11:11:26 AM »
It's a pretty biased position you have here, isn't it? I guess it's all tribute and cover band daily routine shit I never give anything about. In every band members come and go, it's nothing special. Just ignore this whole crap. I always thought what has Mark done to deserve that he almost always is covered by people with a very strong Spanish/Italian/whatever accent...

LE

I often think about it, and the answer is simply because people with native English have way, way more chances of "making it" instead of mimicking it, if you know what I mean. Imagine Mark was born in Hungary and never moved to the UK... Yes, there are groups like ABBA and stuff, but it's a completely different school approach so they can afford such groups. Even though I had English classes from the age of 10 or 11, I barely can speak and write English, let alone writing songs in that lingo, and I don't want to write songs in Russian either. So what's my chances?

I agree that tribute bands is extremely self-denying and cringe-worthy experience and I'm not a fan, but I guess somebody should do it. Also I guess it's better to make a tribute to the band which doesn't exist anymore or all the original members have died, but MK tributes are playing side-to-side with real MK and it makes it even more strange. But MK himself is also to blame, because he doesn't play songs (and in the countries) people want to hear him, so...

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2019, 01:20:29 PM »

A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2019, 03:28:09 PM »
Angelo is good but the band has lost it... It's like a tribute band of a tribute band with a good guitarist attracting attention on him. They used to be a band, now they aren't.

Really looking forward Oscar new project. I talked with him and it sounds promising, and from the heart!

OfflinePensaGhost

• Banned
  • Romeo
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »
A Pensaboy who later became a Pensaghost http://pensaboy.altervista.org/guitar.html

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 10:24:38 AM »

This video makes me remember about that conversation about Joe Satriani and the guitar players that play fast and faster...

Speed vs feeling...

Offlineybot

• Camerado
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2021, 03:26:09 AM »
Hi Jbaent, I like Rosende too and I am sorry of what happened to BIB, but, Angelo is a extraordinare guitarrist.
I guesss, Angelo accepted this job because the other members of the band were able to play all DS and MK songs perfectly and even better than his former friends at "rocking fingers"

Onlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2021, 02:40:37 PM »
Hi Jbaent, I like Rosende too and I am sorry of what happened to BIB, but, Angelo is a extraordinare guitarrist.
I guesss, Angelo accepted this job because the other members of the band were able to play all DS and MK songs perfectly and even better than his former friends at "rocking fingers"

Yes, Rosende did a great job with them, specially with the rhythm guitar that is actually a Stones fan and the drummer who goes on its way. Nobody of them are DS fans, but they are doing good money of what Rosende taught them.

It's obvious they needed someone like Angelo who is a fan and can play the MK style. It's what they needed to keep milking the cow.

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.038 seconds with 39 queries.