Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #57 DTRW TOUR - July 22 2019 - Arena di Verona, Verona, Italy  (Read 34442 times)

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
Re: #57 DTRW TOUR - July 22 2019 - Arena di Verona, Verona, Italy
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2019, 07:31:24 PM »
Ok. Stop it
Love will find a Way

hunter

« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2019, 08:15:00 PM »
?

Offlinequizzaciously

• Brother in Arms
  • Pavel Fomenkov
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2019, 08:51:29 PM »
?

Pretty sure he meant stop talking about it, as if it would make the facts magically disappear.

Offlinetunnel85

• Romeo
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2019, 08:53:30 PM »
I think Superval likes this one

OfflineDarling Pretty

• Lady writer
  • DS Fan since April 1987-Miami Vice episode S02E03
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2019, 08:56:03 PM »
Sure I hope that Mark gets well and fine again if he has really problems now. But I found the comparison with Tom Petty not that appropriate. RIP Tom
Love will find a Way

OfflineShangri-La

• Local Hero
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2019, 11:22:28 PM »
Sure I hope that Mark gets well and fine again if he has really problems now. But I found the comparison with Tom Petty not that appropriate. RIP Tom

It is. Same courage.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2019, 08:29:28 AM »
Hi everyone!   I'm back home now after a truly amazing few days.   I'm so glad I was there to see what could be MK's last European show and it was just as emotional as I expected it to be.

It was great to meet friends from AMIT at the venue, some who I already have met before - Ingrid,Joko, Jordan, Tunnel85 and others who I met for the first time - Allen, PensaGhost and the person I had been waiting to meet for so long - Jbaent!   I was sitting waiting for the concert to begin, when suddenly I was aware of someone standing, looking at me, at the end of my row and it was Jbaent!   It was such a pleasure to meet him after all this time!   Fantastic!

We arrived at the arena at about 7.30pm to collect the tickets, but because it was so hot we decided to go inside to our seats and relax before the show to watch things happening.   One of the things that really impressed me was a group of Knopfler fans who had made a huge banner thanking Mark for 40 years of music "We love you Mark, thanks for these 40 years"  Then they paraded the banner all around the arena to huge applause from those already in the arena. 

The show was fantastic, probably the best I have ever been to, partly because of the wonderful atmosphere and sense of occasion, but also because of the audience, who were amazing.  We had a full-blown eo,eo, eo, but also they were very respectful during quieter songs.  If there were any greenies, etc I didn't hear them, but it didn't matter, we were all having what seemed to be a great party, especially during PFP when people started dancing - started, I believe, by Ingrid and friends on the front row!   As has been mentioned, Mark's guitar went out of tune during YLT and he stopped playing and carried on singing, which sounded fine.  Glenn Saggers came and changed the guitar and MK continued, almost seamlessly - it was really impressive and earned another applause!

I must say that I was very emotional during some parts of the show, especially seeing Mark performing what could be the last time for me.   I will never forget this performance, which was made  extra-special by the fantastic audience.

Thanks Mark, the wonderful band and, of course the crew.   :)

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 08:31:44 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2019, 08:46:04 AM »
I think Superval likes this one

Thank you, Tunnel85!   It's perfect!   :wave
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2019, 09:07:32 AM »
At the arena I sat next to a lovely gentleman and his wife and they were both really tolerant of me squeezing past them every time someone popped up to say hello.   He actually signed up to be a member of AMIT whilst I was there. 

So, a warm welcome to Giuliano Dall!    :wave
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:16:22 AM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2019, 09:11:57 AM »
I think if you look at that video at 0:58 you can see what Mark's issue is, his legs are not even straight, and his upper body is bent, he clearly has medical problems, so,  :thumbsup for doing the tour Mark, looking at that, it may well be his last tour, not because he doesn't want to play live, more because his body can't take it. And any guitar playing issue stem from this in my view, he has played for decades now, and you don't just loose the ability.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

Offlinevr46mk

• Lady writer
  • Early Bird
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2019, 09:13:32 AM »
Bring the chair in as with the GL tour  8)

hunter

« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2019, 10:05:26 AM »
I think if you look at that video at 0:58 you can see what Mark's issue is, his legs are not even straight, and his upper body is bent, he clearly has medical problems, so,  :thumbsup for doing the tour Mark, looking at that, it may well be his last tour, not because he doesn't want to play live, more because his body can't take it. And any guitar playing issue stem from this in my view, he has played for decades now, and you don't just loose the ability.

The difference in Mark's mobility between the last and the current tour is staggering. That is not just because of age. Whatever it is, I wish him all the best and hope there is a way to recover. If he can't continue touring because of health issues, at least I hope he'll be able to keep playing in the studio.

Offlineqjamesfloyd

• Romeo
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2019, 10:35:20 AM »
I agree, I hope it doesn't get as bad as Phil Collins, he can't even play drums now, and walks on stage with a walking stick, which is sad to see. Mark can still play guitar sitting on a stool, but it is affecting his playing, so I don't see that as an option going forward, particularly as another tour would be 2-3 years away and his health could be worse by then :( He has given so much over the years, and has had a huge impact on my life that I would prefer he just make albums.
Knopfler, Oldfield and Gilmour is all the guitar I need.

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2019, 12:05:55 PM »
Hi everyone!   I'm back home now after a truly amazing few days.   I'm so glad I was there to see what could be MK's last European show and it was just as emotional as I expected it to be.

It was great to meet friends from AMIT at the venue, some who I already have met before - Ingrid,Joko, Jordan, Tunnel85 and others who I met for the first time - Allen, PensaGhost and the person I had been waiting to meet for so long - Jbaent!   I was sitting waiting for the concert to begin, when suddenly I was aware of someone standing, looking at me, at the end of my row and it was Jbaent!   It was such a pleasure to meet him after all this time!   Fantastic!

We arrived at the arena at about 7.30pm to collect the tickets, but because it was so hot we decided to go inside to our seats and relax before the show to watch things happening.   One of the things that really impressed me was a group of Knopfler fans who had made a huge banner thanking Mark for 40 years of music "We love you Mark, thanks for these 40 years"  Then they paraded the banner all around the arena to huge applause from those already in the arena. 

The show was fantastic, probably the best I have ever been to, partly because of the wonderful atmosphere and sense of occasion, but also because of the audience, who were amazing.  We had a full-blown eo,eo, eo, but also they were very respectful during quieter songs.  If there were any greenies, etc I didn't hear them, but it didn't matter, we were all having what seemed to be a great party, especially during PFP when people started dancing - started, I believe, by Ingrid and friends on the front row!   As has been mentioned, Mark's guitar went out of tune during YLT and he stopped playing and carried on singing, which sounded fine.  Glenn Saggers came and changed the guitar and MK continued, almost seamlessly - it was really impressive and earned another applause!

I must say that I was very emotional during some parts of the show, especially seeing Mark performing what could be the last time for me.   I will never forget this performance, which was made  extra-special by the fantastic audience.

Thanks Mark, the wonderful band and, of course the crew.   :)

Soooooooooo pleased you had a lovely time? I trust Mr SuperVal enjoyed himself too?
Regards to you both from 'us both'
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2019, 12:09:11 PM »
I agree, I hope it doesn't get as bad as Phil Collins, he can't even play drums now, and walks on stage with a walking stick, which is sad to see. Mark can still play guitar sitting on a stool, but it is affecting his playing, so I don't see that as an option going forward, particularly as another tour would be 2-3 years away and his health could be worse by then :( He has given so much over the years, and has had a huge impact on my life that I would prefer he just make albums.

Quite agree with what you have said here.  :clap
To see the huge differences between tours (2015 & now) is absolutely staggering and quite frankly very sad.  :'( :'(
Mind you he wasn't that bad (Walking or playing) at Chalke Valley in 2016.......

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:26:31 PM by Knopflerfan »
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 42 queries.