Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: #67 DTRW TOUR - Aug 28 2019 - Arvest Bank Theatre,Kansas City, MO, US  (Read 11673 times)

OfflineKnopflerfan

• Brother in Arms
I think it's a case of just be very grateful the master is playing 'Live' at all....after all this could well be your lot??!! :disbelief
* Mark Knopfler - NOT just a hobby, but a way of life!

* Owner of Two Fender 'Mark Knopfler' Signature Series Stratocaster's (SE00616 & SE03805) both with signed Fender labels after meeting MK at Bridport, Dorset UK on the 27/09/2013!

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Yes, what a hard life...

Sarcasms.

You truly think that this is easy and enjoyable because he's doing it with luxury condition but truth is that touring for months is very demanding especially when your are not in great shape.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

OfflineRobson

• Rüdiger
Knopflerfan

ds1984

:thumbsup :thumbsup
I know the way I can see by the moonlight
Clear as the day
Now come on woman, come follow me home

hunter

Yes, what a hard life...

Sarcasms.

You truly think that this is easy and enjoyable because he's doing it with luxury condition but truth is that touring for months is very demanding especially when your are not in great shape.

Except for health issues, there is no reason why a wealthy person like Mark should be in poor shape. Before a long tour he ought to spend a few months getting fit. And work on his guitar chops.

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
Yes, what a hard life...

Sarcasms.

Except for health issues, there is no reason why a wealthy person like Mark should be in poor shape. Before a long tour he ought to spend a few months getting fit. And work on his guitar chops.

Obviously he does have health issues and we are not privy to what they are, but maybe what is wrong with him is preventing him getting fit.  I'm sure he would if he could!   Being wealthy doesn't mean you can avoid ill health.
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
Yes, what a hard life...

Sarcasms.

Yes.

It's very hard, like wsking up at 5 in the morning for 11 months per year to work hard during between 8 and 10 hours per day, 5 days per week, often traveling two hours per day just to get to work and back home, until you are 68 years old and can retire, if lucky.

Yes, it's so hard.
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
I think it's a case of just be very grateful the master is playing 'Live' at all....after all this could well be your lot??!! :disbelief

With this I agree. He does it because he wants to. But as Yoda said, if you are gonna do it, do it right, don't try.

Lol

Offlineds1984

• Rüdiger
  • Used to be...
Yes, what a hard life...

Sarcasms.

Yes.

It's very hard, like wsking up at 5 in the morning for 11 months per year to work hard during between 8 and 10 hours per day, 5 days per week, often traveling two hours per day just to get to work and back home, until you are 68 years old and can retire, if lucky.

Yes, it's so hard.

I was waiting for that sort of answer.

Just that making life of the exhausted worker better (or worse!) won't change anything in the fact that touring is physically and mentally demanding. They both are each of their own.
The haters are those who write shit

Two weeks in Australia and Sydney striptease

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
All works are demanding on their own. But some of them enjoy so much luxury that demanding has another very different meaning. Much lighter.

Offlinepitx

• Local Hero
the time between sound check and show, Graeme and Tom wandered round the city in search of the grave of Charlie Parker, Tom send me a couple of the pics they took illustrating the city’s devotion to the legacy of that era. It must have been quite a scene back then. Mark wrote a song about it intended for the last album which remains an unreleased gem.
http://guyfletcher.co.uk/28th-august-2019-kansas-city-mo/

OfflineStiglar

• Local Hero
Touring is hard! I've done tours before and it's exhausting. Granted not in the same luxury as mark, I can only imagine even in luxury conditions, at the age of 70 it would be absolutely draining. Marks (i'm guessing) back problems also would make the shows pretty exhausting. Surely he would be on pain meds not to mention physio therapy? Even doing 3 gigs a week and driving 20 minutes from my house i'm pretty tired by the end of those nights and i'm half the age of mark.

He keeps the setlist static to play to his strengths and keep it predictable. He has to shorten the set sometimes when he's not feeling up to it. I think that's perfectly justified.

hunter

Yes, what a hard life...

Sarcasms.

Obviously he does have health issues and we are not privy to what they are, but maybe what is wrong with him is preventing him getting fit.  I'm sure he would if he could!   Being wealthy doesn't mean you can avoid ill health.

Absolutely, and that's why I said "except for health issues".

OfflineLis

• Lady writer
  • Heap big trouble in the land of plenty.
... then why say anything?
If you ain’t got whiskey
(really, seriously) Don’t tell me that you ain’t got gin

Onlineskydiver

• Camerado
Touring is hard! I've done tours before and it's exhausting. Granted not in the same luxury as mark, I can only imagine even in luxury conditions, at the age of 70 it would be absolutely draining. Marks (i'm guessing) back problems also would make the shows pretty exhausting. Surely he would be on pain meds not to mention physio therapy? Even doing 3 gigs a week and driving 20 minutes from my house i'm pretty tired by the end of those nights and i'm half the age of mark.

He keeps the setlist static to play to his strengths and keep it predictable. He has to shorten the set sometimes when he's not feeling up to it. I think that's perfectly justified.

Please don't tell those of the reality of touring who daily hammer their negativity on Mark.
It would severely threaten their illusions of negativity.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 08:24:14 AM by skydiver »

Offlinejbaent

• Mark F. Knopfler
the time between sound check and show, Graeme and Tom wandered round the city in search of the grave of Charlie Parker, Tom send me a couple of the pics they took illustrating the city’s devotion to the legacy of that era. It must have been quite a scene back then. Mark wrote a song about it intended for the last album which remains an unreleased gem.
http://guyfletcher.co.uk/28th-august-2019-kansas-city-mo/

Could it be the "Back in the day" famous unreleased song?

I didn't analysed the lyrics of it so I don't know...

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 40 queries.