Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

News: - Make sure you know the Forum Rules and Guidelines

Also check out these related sites:

Author Topic: Thaaaaank youuuuu!  (Read 3589 times)

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
Thaaaaank youuuuu!
« on: September 21, 2019, 01:44:05 PM »
Dear people!

Now the tour is heading towards an ending I would just like to say thanks to everyone, for their contributions, pictures, videos, audio, beers and laughs. New memories and friendships... Due to one great guy with a great band, MK. I've been to Madrid, Antwerpen and Amsterdam and I've had a great time. Just as a great time reading everyones stories.

THANKS!

Hola
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

OfflinePottel

• Founder
  • Founder
  • David Knopfler
    • A Mark In Time
Re: Thaaaaank youuuuu!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »
same from me, just less text :-)
any Knopfler, Floyd or Dylan will do....

Offlineholaknopfler

• Setlist Hero
  • Romeo
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 01:48:37 PM »
same from me, just less text :-)

I've been known for having boring and endless pages of text and text and....  ;D ;D ;D
If i was a Fender guitar, Fender painted red...

Offlinesuperval99

• Erwin Knopfler
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 02:15:37 PM »
Same here!   I had a wonderful time in Leeds, Newcastle and Verona and met lots of fans, both old and new.  Fantastic memories!   Thanks to you all and, of course, thanks to MK and his wonderful band!   :wave

« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 02:20:44 PM by superval99 »
Goin' into Tow Law....

Offlinedmg

• David Knopfler
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 09:23:38 PM »
+1 (even less text)!

Seriously though, meeting up with old friends and meeting the faces behind the posts is just as much fun as the shows themselves.  It's all like being part of a family on AMIT with the only difference being we all have something in common!
"I'm playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order."

Offlinejbaent

• Honorary Knopfler fans- Editor
  • Mark F. Knopfler
  • I'm never happy unless I've sth to complain about.
    • My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 09:37:06 AM »
This has been a wonderful year when it comes to my "MK related life".

First of all, the Local Hero Musical, which was far good that I thought, and I enjoyed very much, so much that I have tickets to see it again next year in London. The best part of it was traveling to Edinburgh, and meet DMG for the second time (first was very very brief in Glasgow in 2011). It was a great day in Edinburgh with him and my two Spanish friends and brothers Slowtrain and David, also a little weird, as we talk between us in Spanish, obviously, but with DMG with us we did our best to talk in English, even between us, so he could understand us. It was really challenging for us, sometime we didn't manage to understand him, probably he didn't understand some of the things we were telling as our english was that good, but it was a very nice experience anyway, with a great person. I hope to meet you again in other concert, mate!

After that, the Spanish concerts, where I meet again with many many many Spanish friends and also some AMIT friends like Tunnel85, Lis, Dutchessy, Ingrid and some more I can't remember because I'm bad on this, but it was nice to meet you too! Great concerts in the best company, my two Spanish brothers joined by Mariano, a Spanish fan living in Southampton, nice enough to enjoy our brotherhood, who I don't know why likes my trolling abilities LOL, Jandro, a top collector, one of the biggest in the Mk world, and a really nice brother too, and the inevitable Irreductible, always a joy to have him with us, another brother that we always try to have around cause he is so nice we can't miss him.

The RAH show came next, the brotherhood including Mariano went there and  I had the chance to see lovely Nelly and forgetful Pottel, that didn't know who was I even we already meet before in previous tours, LOL. A great concert with many guests that was exciting to see like Hal Lindes, Brian Johnson, Bill Wyman, John Illsley etc

Antwerpen came next and there I was lucky enough to share the concert with the also great Pottel, someone that it doesn't matter you had just met, it looks like is an old friend, that's how nice he is. Buddy, also looking forward to meet you again!

And the end of my MK journey came with the Verona concert. I meet with many Spanish friends again, and finally got the chance to meet Val and Colin, another of the highlights of the tour. They were as nice as I guess they would be, even more, it was a very enjoyable meeting that I hope it happens again too. Also meet Allen finally, a really nice guy, and for the second time, I meet Pensaghost (first time was in 2002) and naturally he tried to strangle me, LOL. Obviously it was a joke, by all the times we argued here. A nice guy as well, I would had tried to strangled me too  :lol. I meet more people again like Tunnel85, Ingrid, Joko and some more that I can't remember, forgive me, it's entirely my fault.

I can't finish this post without thanking my Spanish brothers in arms, Slowtrain and David Martin, my travelling pals, and also Jandro, Mariano and Irreductible, that jumped with us in our traveling capsule for some of the concerts. They made the experience so good as they always do.

Edinburgh, Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, London, Antwerpen, Amsterdam and Verona. Witness of probably my best MK related travels ever.

In all these meetings, the MK farewell thing has been discussed and we all agreed that there would be more, even we have to travel to London for it, and we would do, and I would be very happy to meet all of you again. You all worth it!

See you!
You might get lucky, now and then

My book about Dire Straits and Mark Knopfler
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Jbaent

OfflineDutchessy

• Founder
  • Brother in Arms
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 05:46:30 PM »
Also a thank you from me

It started with a city trip (with my wife) Barcelona and meeting Lis, Isaac, Jeroen, Ingrid (and friend), Jbaent, Alex and many more. Awesome week and awesome show.
Followed by Cologne which i did on my own (met nobody there)

Then the wonderfull London trip where i met Dusty for the first time. What a nice chap!  :) I really enjoyed having lunch with Pottel and Dusty (where we met Dick Braine... :lol) and walking by MK's house. Staying in the same hotel as Pottel was also fun.
The next days having breakfast with the AMIT gang was great. Also meeting up with Nelly, Herlock and Philip (don't fight the RAH security  ;)) and having dinner with Ingrid and Marijn (playing Pokemon together, lol). Followed by first time meeting Han, Kris-B, Jasper90 and more.

The concerts i can't describe, row 2 and row 1 dead center RAH.

Then Antwerpen, Amsterdam, Oberhausen where i also met Remco, Dennis, Holaknopfler, Wes, Daan, Vesper, Joost, tunnel85 (the list is toooo long)

Thank you all and thank you MK.

This reminds me of the group pics i still need to share (sorry BriannT, soooon)
Proud member of the AMIT crew

Offlinekaleo74

• Lady writer
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 08:24:25 PM »
 :clap Thanks to all of you for all the information, photos, videos and anecdotes shared on this forum during this tour, we share the same passion and deep down, we don't want it to stop, do we ? 
If I realised that the chances were slim,
How come I'm so surprised when the tide rolled in

© 2024 amarkintime.org
This is an unofficial website dedicated to Mark Knopfler developed and maintained by fans.
Top banner design by Dutchessy.
This theme is based on the SMF theme Carbonate by Bloc.
SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Simple Audio Video Embedder
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 38 queries.